|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the Tenebrarium known?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its strong odor.
(c) Its religious services.
(d) Its beautiful décor.
2. What is unusual about Clara?
(a) She cannot read.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She cannot speak.
(d) She is blind.
3. What does a mysterious person leave on the bookshop counter?
(a) A photo.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
4. Where does Bea want Daniel to meet her?
(a) The Aldayas' house.
(b) Julián's house.
(c) Her school.
(d) The bookstore.
5. How did Julián end up at San Gabriel's School?
(a) Through the Aldayas.
(b) The school asked him to come.
(c) He applied on his own.
(d) His father saved the money.
6. How does Daniel feel about Clara when he first meets her?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) She makes him talkative.
(c) She makes him blush.
(d) He is scared of her.
7. Who takes Daniel to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. What item is all over the locked room in Julián's old Barcelona home?
(a) Virgin Marys.
9. According to Clara's story, what supposedly happened to Julián Carax?
(a) He never wrote another book.
(b) He became friends with Monsieur Roquefort.
(c) He fought in a duel on his wedding day.
(d) He married his fiancée.
10. Who does Daniel tell Tomás that Bea was with the previous night?
(a) No one.
(c) Her fiancé.
(d) Her best friend.
11. What happened to Clara's father?
(a) He disappeared in Montjuïc Castle.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He went with his family to Paris.
(d) He was in hiding in France.
12. What candy does Fermín always have on hand?
(a) A piece of gum.
(b) A cherry lozenge.
(c) A lemon Sugus.
(d) A Hershey's Kiss.
13. What time does Daniel go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books on his initial visit?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
14. Where do Daniel and his father live?
15. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
(a) Miquel Moliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Never before had I felt trapped, seduced, and caught up in a story..."?
2. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
3. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
4. What is the Cemetery of Forgotten Books structured as?
5. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)