|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel say he remembers about his mother?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her smell.
2. According to Clara's story, what supposedly happened to Julián Carax?
(a) He never wrote another book.
(b) He married his fiancée.
(c) He fought in a duel on his wedding day.
(d) He became friends with Monsieur Roquefort.
3. What does Daniel give Clara?
(a) His copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(b) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
(c) A new copy of The Red House.
(d) A kiss.
4. What candy does Fermín always have on hand?
(a) A lemon Sugus.
(b) A Hershey's Kiss.
(c) A cherry lozenge.
(d) A piece of gum.
5. According to Nuria's first story about Julián, what did Julián have in his possession when he died?
(a) A letter for Nuria.
(b) A copy of The Red House.
(c) A copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(d) A photo of himself and Penélope.
6. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(d) Childhood friends.
7. What happened to most of Julián's books, according to Nuria?
(a) They were thrown away.
(b) They were stolen.
(c) They were put in storage.
(d) They were burned.
8. Who does Daniel discover with Clara?
(a) Tomás Aguilar.
(b) Miquel Moliner.
(c) Adrian Neri.
(d) Julián Carax.
9. Who was Penélope supposed to meet at the train station?
10. What is the rumor about the place Daniel visits?
(a) It is well cared for.
(b) It is going to be a convent.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It is going to be torn down.
11. What is the Aldayas' house called?
(a) The Red House.
(b) The Shadow of the Wind.
(c) The Angel of Mist.
(d) The Calle Mallorca.
12. Who did Nuria say wanted to find Julián in Paris?
(a) Julián's father.
(b) Miquel Moliner.
(c) Laín Coubert.
13. How did Tomás and Daniel meet, according to Daniel's story?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) Daniel insulted Tomás' sister.
(c) They were on the wrestling team together.
(d) Daniel asked Tomás to be his friend.
14. What was the relationship between Jacinta and the Aldayas?
(a) She was the governess.
(b) She was the housekeeper.
(c) She was the gardener.
(d) She was the cook.
15. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
2. Where do Fermín and Daniel plan to go to find more information about Julián?
3. Where do Bea and Daniel plan to make their regular meeting place?
4. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
5. What is the Cemetery of Forgotten Books structured as?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)