|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Daniel and his father live?
2. Where do Daniel and Fermín go in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
(a) Julián's house.
(b) The Aldayas.
(c) Bea's house.
(d) San Gabriel's School.
3. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
(a) Tomás Aguilar.
(b) Fermín Romero.
(c) Julián Carax.
(d) Miquel Moliner.
4. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
5. What does Daniel give Clara?
(a) His copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(b) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
(c) A new copy of The Red House.
(d) A kiss.
6. How did Julián end up at San Gabriel's School?
(a) He applied on his own.
(b) Through the Aldayas.
(c) His father saved the money.
(d) The school asked him to come.
7. Who does Daniel see standing outside his window?
(a) A shadowy, motionless figure.
(b) His father.
(d) Clara Barcelo.
8. What excuse does Bea use to see Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
(a) 12 o'clock mass.
(b) Shopping at the bookstore.
(c) Returning a borrowed book.
(d) Talking to Fermín.
9. What type of shop did Julián's father own?
(a) A barbershop.
(b) A bookshop.
(c) A hat shop.
(d) A grocery store.
10. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
(a) To read Daniel's book.
(b) To sell Daniel's book for him.
(c) To buy Daniel's book.
(d) To trade Daniel's book.
11. Who is the caretaker of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
(d) Daniel's father.
12. For what is the Tenebrarium known?
(a) Its religious services.
(b) Its beautiful décor.
(c) Its strong odor.
(d) Its gardens.
13. Where does Daniel tell Gustavo he found the book?
(a) In a library.
(b) Daniel does not tell him.
(c) In the trash.
(d) In a bookstore.
14. What is the rumor about the place Daniel visits?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is well cared for.
(c) It is going to be a convent.
(d) It is going to be torn down.
15. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to be her friend.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He thinks she is nice.
(d) He is afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel promise the old man who tells him where the person he's looking for is?
2. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
3. How does Bea know the story of "The Angel of Mist"?
4. Which character says, "To truly hate is an art one learns with time"?
5. Who says, "There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)