|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Daniel and his father live?
2. Which character says, "Television...is the Antichrist"?
(c) Daniel's father.
3. Who do Daniel and Fermín ask the person at the Tenebrarium about?
(d) Father Fernando.
4. Where do Daniel and Fermín go in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
(a) San Gabriel's School.
(b) Bea's house.
(c) Julián's house.
(d) The Aldayas.
5. How did Tomás and Daniel meet, according to Daniel's story?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) Daniel asked Tomás to be his friend.
(c) Daniel insulted Tomás' sister.
(d) They were on the wrestling team together.
6. Who does Daniel tell Tomás that Bea was with the previous night?
(a) Her best friend.
(c) Her fiancé.
(d) No one.
7. What is the rumor about the place Daniel visits?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is going to be a convent.
(c) It is well cared for.
(d) It is going to be torn down.
8. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
(a) Outside a restaurant.
(b) At the bookstore.
(c) At a party.
(d) Outside the Barcelos' house.
9. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
(a) Fermín Romero.
(b) Julián Carax.
(c) Miquel Moliner.
(d) Tomás Aguilar.
10. Where do Bea and Daniel plan to make their regular meeting place?
(a) The Angel of Mist.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The church.
(d) The hat shop.
11. What is unusual about Clara?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She cannot read.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She cannot speak.
12. Why was Federico, the watchmaker, arrested?
(a) For fighting with Fermín.
(b) For dressing as a diva and performing.
(c) For stealing money.
(d) For selling poorly made watches.
13. What does Daniel give Clara?
(a) A kiss.
(b) His copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(c) A new copy of The Red House.
(d) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
14. Which character says, "To truly hate is an art one learns with time"?
(c) Daniel's father.
15. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(d) Childhood friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Father Fernando think set fire to Julián's books?
2. How do Fermín and Daniel get into the nun's institution?
3. Why does Fermín's love interest visit the bookshop?
4. What item is all over the locked room in Julián's old Barcelona home?
5. What Julián Carax book does Monsieur Roquefort give Clara?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)