|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gustavo Barcelo?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A colleague of Daniel's father.
(c) Daniel's uncle.
(d) An author.
2. What does Fermín say is "usually just around the corner"?
3. Who are Fermín and Daniel looking for at the Tenebrarium?
(b) Miquel Moliner.
4. What does Daniel promise the old man who tells him where the person he's looking for is?
(a) To get him out of the Tenebrarium.
(b) To deliver a letter to his family.
(c) To give him a candy.
(d) To get him a woman.
5. What does Daniel's father get him for his 16th birthday?
(a) A new car.
(b) A journal.
(c) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
(d) A copy of The Red House.
6. Where does Daniel go in the beginning of City of Shadows Chapter 17?
(a) The former Aldaya home.
(b) To school.
(c) Bea's house.
(d) To the bookshop.
7. What excuse does Bea use to see Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
(a) Shopping at the bookstore.
(b) 12 o'clock mass.
(c) Returning a borrowed book.
(d) Talking to Fermín.
8. What happened to Clara's father?
(a) He went with his family to Paris.
(b) He was in hiding in France.
(c) He disappeared in Montjuïc Castle.
(d) He ran away.
9. According to Daniel's father, what does every book in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books have?
(a) A shadow.
(b) A mind.
(c) A soul.
(d) A body.
10. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
11. What does Doña Aurora call Daniel?
(a) The devil.
(b) A liar.
(c) An angel.
(d) A sweetheart.
12. What is the Cemetery of Forgotten Books structured as?
(a) A shop.
(b) A labyrinth.
(c) A church.
(d) A city.
13. What item is all over the locked room in Julián's old Barcelona home?
(c) Virgin Marys.
14. What does a mysterious person leave on the bookshop counter?
(a) A photo.
(b) A letter.
(d) A book.
15. According to Nuria's first story about Julián, what did Julián have in his possession when he died?
(a) A copy of The Red House.
(b) A copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(c) A letter for Nuria.
(d) A photo of himself and Penélope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel go to see Nuria Monfort in City of Shadows Chapter 19?
2. According to Fermín, what is a "warm heart, cold mind"?
3. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
4. What time does Daniel go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books on his initial visit?
5. Who is Daniel talking about when he says, "...I could still feel the trace of her lips, of her breath on my skin..."?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)