|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Daniel and his father live?
2. What candy does Fermín always have on hand?
(a) A cherry lozenge.
(b) A Hershey's Kiss.
(c) A lemon Sugus.
(d) A piece of gum.
3. Why did no one want to buy "The Angel of Mist"?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) It was not large enough.
(c) It was cursed.
(d) It was haunted.
4. What does Daniel give Clara?
(a) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
(b) A new copy of The Red House.
(c) His copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(d) A kiss.
5. What time does Daniel go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books on his initial visit?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
6. Who does Father Fernando think set fire to Julián's books?
7. Who said, "Never before had I felt trapped, seduced, and caught up in a story..."?
(d) Clara's mother.
8. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
(a) Choose a book.
(b) Leave a book.
(c) Spend the night.
(d) Get lost.
9. Why does Daniel wake up screaming?
(a) He had a nightmare.
(b) He cannot remember his father's face.
(c) He cannot remember his mother's face.
(d) He is physically sick.
10. What does Daniel learn about Julián from Señor Aurora?
(a) Julián never lived in Barcelona.
(b) Julián joined the Army.
(c) Julián was not his father's child.
(d) Julián was on the radio.
11. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
(a) Outside the Barcelos' house.
(b) At the bookstore.
(c) At a party.
(d) Outside a restaurant.
12. Who did Nuria say wanted to find Julián in Paris?
(a) Miquel Moliner.
(b) Laín Coubert.
(c) Julián's father.
13. How old is Daniel when he first visits the Cemetery of Forgotten Books?
14. What happened to Clara's father?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was in hiding in France.
(c) He disappeared in Montjuïc Castle.
(d) He went with his family to Paris.
15. What does Daniel steal from Doña Aurora?
(a) The key to Julián's former home.
(b) A letter from Penélope to Julián.
(c) The landlord's address.
(d) A letter from Julián to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
2. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
3. How does Nuria say she knows Julián the first time Daniel speaks with her?
4. Who does Daniel discover with Clara?
5. According to Clara's story, what supposedly happened to Julián Carax?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)