|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fermín discover received the mail from the post office box?
(a) Tomás Aguilar.
(c) Nuria Monfort.
(d) Jose Maria Requejo.
2. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
(a) Miquel Moliner.
(b) Julián Carax.
(c) Tomás Aguilar.
(d) Fermín Romero.
3. Who said, "Never before had I felt trapped, seduced, and caught up in a story..."?
(d) Clara's mother.
4. Who is Gustavo Barcelo?
(a) A publisher.
(b) Daniel's uncle.
(c) An author.
(d) A colleague of Daniel's father.
5. What time does Daniel go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books on his initial visit?
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
6. Who tells Daniel and Fermín about Julián at the place where they go in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
(a) Nuria Monfort.
(b) Father Fernando.
(d) Miquel Moliner.
7. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(b) Childhood friends.
8. Which character says, "Television...is the Antichrist"?
(b) Daniel's father.
9. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
(a) To buy Daniel's book.
(b) To read Daniel's book.
(c) To sell Daniel's book for him.
(d) To trade Daniel's book.
10. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He thinks she is nice.
(c) He wants to be her friend.
(d) He loves her.
11. Who does Daniel's father hire as an assistant in the shop?
12. What does the stranger on the street want from Daniel?
(b) Daniel's birthday present.
(c) Daniel's copy of The Shadow of the Wind.
(d) A cigarette.
13. Why does Daniel wake up screaming?
(a) He cannot remember his father's face.
(b) He cannot remember his mother's face.
(c) He is physically sick.
(d) He had a nightmare.
14. What was the relationship between Jacinta and the Aldayas?
(a) She was the governess.
(b) She was the housekeeper.
(c) She was the cook.
(d) She was the gardener.
15. According to Clara's story, what supposedly happened to Julián Carax?
(a) He fought in a duel on his wedding day.
(b) He never wrote another book.
(c) He married his fiancée.
(d) He became friends with Monsieur Roquefort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Julián Carax book does Monsieur Roquefort give Clara?
2. What excuse does Bea use to see Daniel in City of Shadows Chapter 26?
3. What does Nuria Monfort do for a living?
4. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
5. Why was Federico, the watchmaker, arrested?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)