|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(a) Childhood friends.
2. What must a first-time visitor to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books do?
(a) Leave a book.
(b) Get lost.
(c) Spend the night.
(d) Choose a book.
3. According to Daniel's father, what does every book in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books have?
(a) A shadow.
(b) A soul.
(c) A body.
(d) A mind.
4. Where do Daniel and Fermín go in City of Shadows Chapter 24?
(a) The Aldayas.
(b) Julián's house.
(c) Bea's house.
(d) San Gabriel's School.
5. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
(a) Outside the Barcelos' house.
(b) Outside a restaurant.
(c) At a party.
(d) At the bookstore.
6. Who wants to be "Someone whom a child will not only love because he's his father but will also admire for the person he is"?
(c) Daniel's father.
7. Who says, "There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite"?
8. What object does Daniel desire in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
(a) Vichy Catalan water springs.
(b) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
(c) A Volkswagen.
(d) A bookshop of his own.
9. What is Tomás known for?
(a) His candy.
(b) His sister's popularity.
(c) His knowledge of books.
(d) His inventions.
10. What does Daniel tell his father about Fermín in City of Shadows Chapter 19?
(a) That he does not like Fermín.
(b) That Fermín is seeing Bernarda.
(c) That Fumero came to the shop looking for him.
(d) That Fermín is stealing from them.
11. Who is responsible for the fate of Clara's father?
(a) Javier Fumero.
(b) Gustavo Barcelo.
(c) Julián Carax.
(d) Daniel Sempere.
12. What type of shop did Julián's father own?
(a) A barbershop.
(b) A hat shop.
(c) A bookshop.
(d) A grocery store.
13. Why is Daniel upset at his 16th birthday party?
(a) He does not want a party.
(b) He does not get the present he wanted.
(c) Only Bernarda and his father are there.
(d) He does not want to be 16.
14. Why does Fermín's love interest visit the bookshop?
(a) To visit Daniel's father.
(b) To buy a book for her niece.
(c) To visit Fermín.
(d) To buy a book for herself.
15. What does Daniel promise the old man who tells him where the person he's looking for is?
(a) To get him a woman.
(b) To deliver a letter to his family.
(c) To give him a candy.
(d) To get him out of the Tenebrarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the place Daniel visits?
2. What does Fermín say is "usually just around the corner"?
3. Where does Daniel's father work?
4. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
5. With whom does Fermín become enamored?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)