|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Julián Carax book does Monsieur Roquefort give Clara?
(a) Le Monde.
(b) The Cathedral Thief.
(c) The Red House.
(d) The Shadow of the Wind.
2. For what is the Tenebrarium known?
(a) Its strong odor.
(b) Its gardens.
(c) Its beautiful décor.
(d) Its religious services.
3. What object does Daniel desire in Days of Ashes Chapter 5?
(a) A Volkswagen.
(b) A bookshop of his own.
(c) Vichy Catalan water springs.
(d) A Montblanc Meinsterstück pen.
4. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
(a) To buy Daniel's book.
(b) To sell Daniel's book for him.
(c) To read Daniel's book.
(d) To trade Daniel's book.
5. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
6. What type of shop did Julián's father own?
(a) A bookshop.
(b) A barbershop.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A hat shop.
7. How does Nuria say she knows Julián the first time Daniel speaks with her?
(a) She was his housekeeper.
(b) She was his secretary.
(c) She worked for his publishing company.
(d) She worked for his family.
8. Why did no one want to buy "The Angel of Mist"?
(a) It was haunted.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was not large enough.
(d) It was cursed.
9. What is unusual about Clara?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She cannot read.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She cannot speak.
10. Who said, "Never before had I felt trapped, seduced, and caught up in a story..."?
(b) Clara's mother.
11. Who is the author of the book Daniel takes from the shelf?
(a) Fermín Romero.
(b) Julián Carax.
(c) Tomás Aguilar.
(d) Miquel Moliner.
12. What do Daniel and his acquaintance promise at the end of True to Character Chapter 14?
(a) Never to see each other.
(b) To talk on the phone.
(c) To meet again.
(d) To have dinner.
13. Who did Nuria say wanted to find Julián in Paris?
(b) Laín Coubert.
(c) Julián's father.
(d) Miquel Moliner.
14. How does Daniel feel about Clara when he first meets her?
(a) She makes him talkative.
(b) She makes him blush.
(c) He dislikes her.
(d) He is scared of her.
15. Who says, "There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Clara's father?
2. Which character says, "Television...is the Antichrist"?
3. Where do Fermín and Daniel plan to go to find more information about Julián?
4. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
5. Who does Father Fernando think set fire to Julián's books?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)