|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gustavo offer Daniel at their first meeting?
(a) To sell Daniel's book for him.
(b) To read Daniel's book.
(c) To trade Daniel's book.
(d) To buy Daniel's book.
2. Who do Daniel and Fermín ask the person at the Tenebrarium about?
(c) Father Fernando.
3. What item is all over the locked room in Julián's old Barcelona home?
(b) Virgin Marys.
4. Who says, "There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite"?
5. Who does Daniel encounter in the movie theater?
(a) The man with the burned face.
(c) Gustavo Barcelo.
(d) His father.
6. How does Daniel feel about Bea Aguilar at the end of True to Character Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to be her friend.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He thinks she is nice.
7. How does Bea know the story of "The Angel of Mist"?
(a) She is friends with the Aldayas.
(b) Her father's company owns the property.
(c) She read about it in a book.
(d) Her brother told her about it.
8. Who does Fermín discover received the mail from the post office box?
(a) Jose Maria Requejo.
(b) Tomás Aguilar.
(d) Nuria Monfort.
9. What is the Cemetery of Forgotten Books structured as?
(a) A city.
(b) A church.
(c) A labyrinth.
(d) A shop.
10. Where does Daniel meet Fermín for the first time?
(a) At the bookstore.
(b) Outside the Barcelos' house.
(c) At a party.
(d) Outside a restaurant.
11. Who is Daniel talking about when he says, "...I could still feel the trace of her lips, of her breath on my skin..."?
(a) Bea Aguilar.
(b) Nuria Monfort.
(c) Penélope Aldaya.
(d) Clara Barcelo.
12. Who was Penélope supposed to meet at the train station?
13. According to Fermín, how did Julián know Jorge Aldaya?
(c) Childhood friends.
14. What Julián Carax book does Monsieur Roquefort give Clara?
(a) The Shadow of the Wind.
(b) The Red House.
(c) Le Monde.
(d) The Cathedral Thief.
15. Why was Federico, the watchmaker, arrested?
(a) For dressing as a diva and performing.
(b) For stealing money.
(c) For selling poorly made watches.
(d) For fighting with Fermín.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel steal from Doña Aurora?
2. Who does Daniel see standing outside his window?
3. Who says, "I believe that nothing happens by chance. Deep down, things have their secret plan, even though we don't understand it."
4. For whom was "The Angel of Mist" originally built?
5. What was the relationship between Jacinta and the Aldayas?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)