The Cemetery of Forgotten Books
• Daniel Sempere wakes up frightened because he cannot remember his mother's face.
• Daniel's father takes him to The Cemetery of Forgotten Books.
• Daniel chooses The Shadow of the Wind by Julián Carax for which he will "keep alive."
• Daniel finishes the book in the first evening he has it.
Days of Ashes 1945 -1949: Chapters 1 - 3
• Daniel tries to find more works by Julián Carax, but he is unsuccessful.
• Daniel's father directs Daniel to Gustavo Barcelo for more information about Carax. Instead Gustavo offers to buy The Shadow of the Wind from Daniel.
• Daniel is introduced to Gustavo's blind niece, Clara, who also enjoys Carax's works, having first read Carax from a tutor's recommendation. Daniel is enchanted by Clara.
Days of Ashes 1945 -1949: Chapters 4 - 6
• Clara Barcelo tells Daniel the story about a man who searches for Julián Carax's books and...
This section contains 4,019 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)