|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Sweet Revenge" what does the narrator drop for him to see?
2. Who is Julius in "Sex Me Down Village"?
3. In "Masquerade" how long does Noelle ignore Pierce's calls?
4. How does one find the Valley of the Freaks?
5. Where does "Sweet Revenge" begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Blind Date" describe what happens as result of Jocelyn's intimate hotel experience?
2. Describe the "Dream Merchant."
3. Who makes up Alpha Phi Fuckem and what is their purpose?
4. What does the narrator do with her neighbor in "The Voyeur"?
5. What happens at the end of "Stakeout"?
6. Describe the narrator and Julius' relationship in "Sex Me Down Village".
7. What happens to the narrator in "My Knight In Shining Armor"?
8. How does the narrator quickly have a good time in "Vacation of a Lifetime"?
9. How is one directed to the Valley of the Freaks?
10. Why is the narrator upset in "Vacation of a Lifetime"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Zane shows that love can be a motivation to better oneself. Do you feel this is one of Zane's overall themes in "The Sex Chornicles: Shattering the Myth"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the sexual aggression that occurs in "The Barbershop" and "The Airport". How are the females in both stories similar and how do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how the stories in"The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth" parallel relationships in that they both progress gradually from mild and socially acceptable content to more extreme and less socially acceptable content. Consider the first story "First Night" in comparison to the last, "Apha Phi Fuckem- The Convention"
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)