|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator quickly recover from in "Sex Me Down Village"?
2. In "Wanna Watch" what does the narrator's boyfriend have to tell the narrator anytime he gets bored?
3. Who does Noelle say the lesson is for in "Masquerade"?
4. What makes the sexual tension unbearable for Jessica and Dwayne in "Stakeout"?
5. What do the narrator and her friend's board in "Sex Me Down Village"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Dream Merchant's current state at work?
2. Describe what The Valley of the Freaks is.
3. Describe the narrator's situation in "Room 69".
4. Describe the setting of "Sweet Revenge".
5. How does Netanya first come to know Prescott in "The Cat Burglar"?
6. Describe the "Dream Merchant."
7. Describe the narrator's personal state in "Sex Me Down Village" and why she is going there.
8. Why is the narrator upset in "Vacation of a Lifetime"?
9. Describe Rayn and PJ's relationship in "Mailman".
10. What happens to the narrator in "My Knight In Shining Armor"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bandit in "The Pussy Bandit" and the irony in that all the women want the bandit to come and perform cunnilingus on them, yet traditionally, women fear men who come into their rooms to fulfill sexual desires.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how both narrators in "The Bachelorette Party" and "Vacation of a Lifetime" justify their infidelities against their significant others. How do their reasons support Zane's idea that uninhibited women must fulfill their intimate desires?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast "Nervous" and "Wrong Number" and the role of repressed sexual desire in the narrator of "Nervous" and Amber in "Wrong Number".
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)