|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time do Simone and the person she encounters in "Lust in a Bus Depot" spend together post their encounter?
2. Who does Tammy meet at the Barber Shop?
3. Who does Simone encounter in "Lust in a Bus Depot"?
4. Where does Amber have dinner with the person who misdials her?
5. Where do Mira's friends take her the night before her wedding in "The Bachelorette Party"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Be My Valentine" end?
2. What is the result of the piano player and the narrator's night alone in "Harlem Blues"?
3. In "The Seduction" where does the narrator seduce her boyfriend into going and how?
4. What is Amber's living situation in "Wrong Number"?
5. Describe how Yardley and Clarence meet in "Be My Valentine".
6. Describe the narrator in "Lust in a Bust Depot".
7. Why does SHE leave the boy in the library in "Nervous"?
8. What happens in "The Barbershop"?
9. How do Bridget and Drake solve their problems in "A Time For Change"?
10. What does the author of "If You Were Here Right Now" tell her addressee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss "The Diary" and what Zane is suggesting about time and age in relationship to love and intimacy.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and explain how the content of "The Valley of the Freaks" parallels the content of "The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth" in that both increase their sexually inappropriate content.
Essay Topic 3
Thinking of "Sex Me Down Village" analyze and explain how sex can be seen as a way to escape from personal pain or suffering.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)