|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evoni hate in "A Flash Fantasy"?
2. Where do Mira's friends take her the night before her wedding in "The Bachelorette Party"?
3. When did Zane publish her first book?
4. When does the narrator's boyfriend leave after his surprise visit in "Get Well Soon"?
5. In "Dinner At Eight" what happens in the elevator as the narrator and her boyfriend ride the elevator to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Be My Valentine" end?
2. What is the result of the narrator's night alone with Geren in "Sock It To Me"?
3. Describe what happens to Mira before she marries her husband in "The Bachelorette Party".
4. In "A Time For Change" what is Bridget upset with her husband Drake about?
5. What does the pulled over couple tell the police officer they were doing in "The Interstate"?
6. How do Bridget and Drake solve their problems in "A Time For Change"?
7. Describe the narrator's alter ego in "Nervous".
8. What happens as result of the narrator and her boyfriend's first intimate experience in "The Seduction"?
9. In "The Seduction" where does the narrator seduce her boyfriend into going and how?
10. What is the result of the piano player and the narrator's night alone in "Harlem Blues"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and discuss the section Wild and how most of its stories are connected to one another with the commonality that each couple's relationship begins with romantic and intimate first encounters. What do you think Zane is suggesting with these types of stories?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss "The Diary" and what Zane is suggesting about time and age in relationship to love and intimacy.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the couple in "The Seduction" to the couple in "The Flash Fantasy" and how they differ in the way their relationships evolve. What do both of these stories suggest Zane believes about the way relationships are formed?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)