|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Zane publish her first book?
2. What does the narrator tell the addressee in "If You Were Here Right Now"?
3. Who picks up the narrator in "The Interstate" from her office?
4. What does the narrator find upon exploring her grandmother's attic when she couldn't sleep?
5. What does the narrator's boyfriend press while they are on the descent in the elevator in "Dinner At Eight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "Animal Farm"?
2. What does the author of "If You Were Here Right Now" tell her addressee?
3. Why is it so easy for the narrator of "Harlem Blues" to sing the blues?
4. How do Bridget and Drake solve their problems in "A Time For Change"?
5. What does the pulled over couple tell the police officer they were doing in "The Interstate"?
6. Why does SHE leave the boy in the library in "Nervous"?
7. Who does Zane dedicate her book "The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth" to?
8. In "A Time For Change" what is Bridget upset with her husband Drake about?
9. What is the result of the narrator's night alone with Geren in "Sock It To Me"?
10. In "The Seduction" where does the narrator seduce her boyfriend into going and how?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thinking of "Sex Me Down Village" analyze and explain how sex can be seen as a way to escape from personal pain or suffering.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss "The Diary" and what Zane is suggesting about time and age in relationship to love and intimacy.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the gender role reversals that occur in "A Time For Change" and "Animal Farm". How does this further prove Zane's idea that women's sexual desire has been repressed?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)