|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amber go with the person who misdials her after dinner in "Wrong Number"?
2. In "The Seduction" what did the narrator have her boyfriend cover his eyes with?
3. What is the narrator nervous about in "Nervous"?
4. How much time do Simone and the person she encounters in "Lust in a Bus Depot" spend together post their encounter?
5. How long have Bridget and Drake been married in "A Time For Change"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Zane dedicate her book "The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth" to?
2. What does the couple do in "First Night"?
3. Describe the narrator's alter ego in "Nervous".
4. How do Bridget and Drake solve their problems in "A Time For Change"?
5. What happens in "Animal Farm"?
6. What does the author of "If You Were Here Right Now" tell her addressee?
7. What happens as a result of Rob and Amber's misdialed phone conversation in "Wrong Number"?
8. What does the narrator come to realize in "The Diary"?
9. In "A Time For Change" what is Bridget upset with her husband Drake about?
10. Describe what happens to Mira before she marries her husband in "The Bachelorette Party".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bandit in "The Pussy Bandit" and the irony in that all the women want the bandit to come and perform cunnilingus on them, yet traditionally, women fear men who come into their rooms to fulfill sexual desires.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and explain how the content of "The Valley of the Freaks" parallels the content of "The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth" in that both increase their sexually inappropriate content.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Zane foreshadows many of the events that occur in her stories by analyzing "The Godfather", "Flash Fantasy" and "My Knight In Shining Armor".
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)