|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Simone changed since she last saw the person she encounters in "Lust in a Bus Depot"?
(a) She is no longer dumpy looking.
(b) She is married.
(c) She looks worse than she used to.
(d) She is pregnant
2. What does the narrator leave on her "boyfriend's" car window in "The Seduction"?
(a) A note.
(b) A flower.
(c) A candy.
(d) A poem.
3. In "Animal Farm" where do the narrator and her boyfriend drive to?
(a) To a lake.
(b) To a camp site.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To a farm.
4. How long have Tammy and Keanu been dating at the end of "The Barbershop"?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 5 years.
5. What does Zane's disclaimer say in the Acknowledgments?
(a) She is promoting healthy sex for women who are tired of disappointing sex.
(b) Men should read this.
(c) Only women should read this.
(d) Men should not read this.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bachelorette Party" who is Shari?
2. What does the narrator ask her boyfriend in "Animal Farm"?
3. What happened in 1992 that changed that narrator's life in "Sock It To Me"?
4. Who does the narrator compare handwriting to in "The Diary"?
5. What does the narrator find upon exploring her grandmother's attic when she couldn't sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the couple in "Dinner At Eight"s romance and lust.
2. Describe how Yardley and Clarence meet in "Be My Valentine".
3. What is Amber's living situation in "Wrong Number"?
4. How do Bridget and Drake solve their problems in "A Time For Change"?
5. Why is it so easy for the narrator of "Harlem Blues" to sing the blues?
6. What happens to the narrator in "Sock It To Me" that changes her life?
7. What does the author of "If You Were Here Right Now" tell her addressee?
8. Describe the narrator and Norman's relationship in "The Godfather".
9. What happens in "Animal Farm"?
10. What happens as a result of Rob and Amber's misdialed phone conversation in "Wrong Number"?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)