|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator nervous about in "Nervous"?
(a) Everything, especially dealing with men.
2. How much time do Simone and the person she encounters in "Lust in a Bus Depot" spend together post their encounter?
(a) They are engaged.
(b) Two weekends a month.
(c) One weekend a month.
(d) They never see each other.
3. In "The Airport" what does the person who orders the narrator to go into the room tell her to do?
(a) Leave the airport.
(b) Disrobe for a strip search.
(c) Get on another flight.
(d) Run away from her boyfriend.
4. At the end of "The Airport", as the narrator and her boyfriend drive home, where do they pull over?
(a) A rest area.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A fast food restaurant.
(d) The side of the road.
5. Where does the couple stay in "First Night"?
(a) A hotel.
(b) His house.
(c) A camp ground.
(d) A Bed and Breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Nervous" what does SHE prohibit the boy in the library from doing?
2. in "Get Well Soon" what is the narrator's boyfriend disguised as?
3. Where has the narrator just traveled from in "The Airport"?
4. Where does Amber go with the person who misdials her after dinner in "Wrong Number"?
5. What does the narrator dream about in "Harlem Blues"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bridget and Drake solve their problems in "A Time For Change"?
2. What does the pulled over couple tell the police officer they were doing in "The Interstate"?
3. Describe the narrator in "Lust in a Bust Depot".
4. What happens to the narrator in "Sock It To Me" that changes her life?
5. Why is it so easy for the narrator of "Harlem Blues" to sing the blues?
6. What is Amber's living situation in "Wrong Number"?
7. Describe the setting of "The Diary".
8. What is the result of the piano player and the narrator's night alone in "Harlem Blues"?
9. What does the couple do in "First Night"?
10. Describe the narrator and Norman's relationship in "The Godfather".
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)