|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3, The Sleeping Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Merton first talk with Father Edmund about becoming a priest?
(a) December, 1939.
(b) September, 1939.
(c) January, 1940.
(d) September, 1950.
2. What are the contents of the note Merton receives from his father?
(a) The address of his grandparents.
(b) A description of his father's travels to Africa.
(c) Instructions for caring for his brother.
(d) A goodbye from his mother.
3. Where does Merton meet Bob Lax?
(a) At a student meeting.
(b) At Zion Church.
(c) In a class at the university.
(d) In a bar in New York City.
4. What is the significance of Zion Church to Merton?
(a) His aunt directed classes there.
(b) His uncle was the choirmaster there.
(c) His father played the organ there.
(d) His father designed the altar there.
5. Where does Merton get a job as a teacher?
(a) Corpus Christi.
(b) St. Bonaventure.
(c) Zion Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Our Lady of Gethsemani?
2. Of which place in St. Antonin does Merton have unpleasant memories?
3. What is Friendship House?
4. How does Merton feel about Catholicism when he first goes to the university?
5. How could Merton have registered for the draft?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)