|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3, The Sleeping Volcano.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Merton decide is the work he is meant to do?
(a) To write and teach.
(b) To become a priest in Rome.
(c) To own a newspaper.
(d) To work with the poor and pray.
2. What does Merton see as his future occupation in England?
(a) He wants to be a novelist or journalist.
(b) He wants to go into business.
(c) He wants to be a builder.
(d) He wants to be a teacher.
3. Where does Merton get a job as a teacher?
(a) Zion Church.
(b) St. Bonaventure.
(d) Corpus Christi.
4. Where had Merton been shortly before his father died?
(d) St. Antonin.
5. Where does Merton first apply for a novitiate?
(a) The monastery of Zion Church.
(b) A monastery in Rome.
(c) A monastery in Pennsylvania.
(d) The monastery of St. Francis of Assisi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words best describe Merton at the university?
2. What do the Columbia Review and the Spectator have in common?
3. What is Merton looking for in his choice of a religious Order?
4. Who is Father Edmund?
5. What is one of the last things mentioned in Chapter 4 of Part 1?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)