|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3, The Harrowing of Hell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merton like about France?
(a) The school he attended there.
(b) Its museums.
(c) Its beauty and its simple people.
(d) The weather.
2. With whom does Merton stay in England?
(a) He lives with his father and brother.
(b) He stays with his Aunt Maude and Uncle Ben.
(c) He lives with his grandparents.
(d) He boards at his school.
3. How does Merton describe his fellow students in France?
(a) The are vulgar, mean, and pitiless.
(b) They are cultured and refined.
(c) They are socially inferior.
(d) They are extremely poor.
4. Who are M. and Mme. Privat?
(a) The owners of Merton's favorite restaurant.
(b) A Catholic couple with whom Merton boards in Murat.
(c) A couple Merton lives with in St. Antonin.
(d) The caretakers of the Lycee.
5. Who visited Merton in St. Antonin?
(a) His brother.
(b) John Paul and Owen.
(c) His mother.
(d) Pop and Bonnemaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Owen ask Merton to do for him while he was ill?
2. What did Pop allow the 15-year-old Merton to do that really impressed him?
3. What did Merton's parents do for a living?
4. What author was an enduring influence on Merton?
5. Why does Owen Merton travel so frequently?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)