|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Our Lady of the Museums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merton say he was "truly happy" in England?
(a) Because he is learning to play cricket.
(b) Because he is living in England.
(c) Because he is sincerely religious for the first time.
(d) Because he has many friends.
2. What are the contents of the note Merton receives from his father?
(a) A goodbye from his mother.
(b) A description of his father's travels to Africa.
(c) The address of his grandparents.
(d) Instructions for caring for his brother.
3. Who does Merton say gave him the only valuable religious and moral training he had received?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His teachers.
4. How does Merton describe his fellow students in France?
(a) They are cultured and refined.
(b) They are socially inferior.
(c) The are vulgar, mean, and pitiless.
(d) They are extremely poor.
5. What did Pop do that embarrassed Merton?
(a) He disciplined Merton in public.
(b) He sang loudly in a bar.
(c) He made Merton sit in the corner at dinner.
(d) He threw money at the French people from his car window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Merton view his childhood?
2. Why does Merton go to class with the younger French children?
3. What impresses Merton about St. Antonin?
4. Who are M. and Mme. Privat?
5. How does Merton describe this book?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)