|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Our Lady of the Museums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Owen Merton travel so frequently?
(a) He is looking for a job.
(b) He visits relatives.
(c) He paints landscapes all over the world.
(d) He is a traveling salesman.
2. What is the "sign of the Water Bearer"?
(a) Merton's astrological birth sign of Aquarius.
(b) The symbol for the month of January.
(c) An advertisement for a hotel.
(d) The name of his father's art gallery.
3. Who does Merton say gave him the only valuable religious and moral training he had received?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His teachers.
4. How does Merton describe the boys at Ripley Court?
(a) They are cruel to him.
(b) They are pleasant and happy.
(c) They dislike sports.
(d) They are snobbish and unfriendly.
5. What impresses Merton about St. Antonin?
(a) It was laid out in a circular shape in the 13th century.
(b) The people he met there.
(c) It was in France.
(d) The house he lived in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Merton attend school in England while with his aunt?
2. Of which place in St. Antonin does Merton have unpleasant memories?
3. What are the contents of the note Merton receives from his father?
4. Where was Thomas Merton born?
5. What does Merton love about America?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)