|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Our Lady of the Museums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Merton stay in England?
(a) He stays with his Aunt Maude and Uncle Ben.
(b) He lives with his father and brother.
(c) He boards at his school.
(d) He lives with his grandparents.
2. Where was Merton's father born?
(a) Long Island, New York.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) London, England.
3. How did Merton's parents foster his love for the monastic life?
(a) They bought him many things.
(b) They introduced him to monks.
(c) They disliked anything they considered to be bourgeois.
(d) They encouraged him to be wealthy.
4. How does Merton react to his first exposure to death?
(a) With innocence and curiosity.
(b) With despair and foreboding.
(c) With deep terror.
(d) With fear and sadness.
5. How does Merton describe the boys at Ripley Court?
(a) They are snobbish and unfriendly.
(b) They are pleasant and happy.
(c) They dislike sports.
(d) They are cruel to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merton's parents do for a living?
2. What did Pop do that embarrassed Merton?
3. Who is Owen Merton?
4. Why does Merton say he was "truly happy" in England?
5. Who visited Merton in St. Antonin?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)