|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2, Our Lady of the Museums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Merton's childhood memories of his brother?
(a) His brother was a tag-along.
(b) His brother cried a lot.
(c) His brother went with him to school.
(d) His brother was liked by older boys.
2. Why does Merton go to class with the younger French children?
(a) He teaches them American games.
(b) He disciplines them.
(c) He needs to change his attitude.
(d) He must learn the French language.
3. Who does Merton say gave him the only valuable religious and moral training he had received?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His teachers.
(d) His grandfather.
4. How does Merton describe his mother?
(a) She was a divorced woman.
(b) She was an American pessimist.
(c) She was a British artist.
(d) She was an American perfectionist.
5. What does Merton miss when he left France for England?
(a) The Lycee.
(b) The beauty of St. Antonin.
(c) His house.
(d) The churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Merton say he was "truly happy" in England?
2. Who are M. and Mme. Privat?
3. When was Merton's brother born?
4. What does Merton see as his future occupation in England?
5. How does Merton describe his parents?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)