|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, The Children in the Market Place.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Merton visit his father after the end of the school term at Oakham?
2. What action he performed in the summer of 1937 prompted Merton to take another step on his journey to faith?
(a) Participating in sports.
(b) Writing for student publications.
(c) Praying for Bonnemaman.
(d) Attending university.
3. What did Pop allow the 15-year-old Merton to do that really impressed him?
(a) He allowed him to visit his father alone.
(b) Pop allowed the 15-year-old Merton to smoke a cigarette.
(c) He allowed him to drive his car.
(d) He allowed him to enjoy luxury travel.
4. What did Pop tell Merton while Owen was ill?
(a) That John Paul would be joining him at Oakham.
(b) That Merton and his brother would be financially secure after their father's death.
(c) That he and Bonnemaman were moving to Paris.
(d) That the Great Depression had ruined him financially.
5. What encouraged Merton to take another step toward religion in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His friend Andrew at Cambridge.
(b) Praying for Aunt Maude.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) The frescoes he saw in ancient cathedrals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Merton in St. Antonin?
2. Where did Merton spend his school holidays?
3. What kind of music did Merton especially like when he felt like a rebel in New York?
4. Who are Pop and Bonnemaman?
5. How does Merton describe his athletic endeavors?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)