|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 4, The Children in the Market Place.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Merton's childhood memories of his brother?
(a) His brother went with him to school.
(b) His brother cried a lot.
(c) His brother was a tag-along.
(d) His brother was liked by older boys.
2. What is the Jester?
(a) A card game Merton plays.
(b) A student publication.
(c) A costume Merton wears to a party.
(d) A nickname for Merton's friend.
3. Who are Pop and Bonnemaman?
(a) Friends of his father.
(b) People he met at school.
(c) Neighbors of his mother.
(d) Thomas Merton's grandparents.
4. Who came to visit Merton in 1930?
(a) Pop and Owen.
(b) Bonnemaman and Pop.
(c) Owen and John Paul.
(d) Pop, Bonnemaman, and John Paul.
5. Where are the student publications at the university housed?
(a) The fourth floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The third floor.
(d) The fifth floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Merton's father born?
2. What are the contents of the note Merton receives from his father?
3. What university does Merton attend in New York?
4. How does Merton describe this book?
5. What does Merton do during the summer he returned to New York after a trip to Rome?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)