|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third letter, he states what?
2. What does Johannes enclose in a letter to Cordelia?
3. Is Cordelia interested in this rumor?
4. Johannes wishes to grow closer but he must increase what first?
5. What does Johannes liken to his freeing a bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. What his happening to Cordelia by the end of this section?
2. Give details of some of Johannes' letters to Cordelia.
3. What does Johannes wonder and wish about Cordelia at this time?
4. What does Johannes ask Cordelia to do in the letter her writes?
5. What happens when Cordelia's aunt and Edward are away?
6. What happens on the third, regarding Johannes' proposal?
7. Does Johannes believe Edward should be able to make any complaints about him? Why or why not?
8. What is the rumor that is going around? What is happening in regards to this rumor?
9. What does Johannes say about erotic love? What does he mention regarding Cordelia's erotic love?
10. What does Johannes say about visiting the park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johannes begins to stalk Cordelia in his first entry.
Part 1) Why does he begin to stalk her? What does he notice about her? Why is he intrigued by her?
Part 2) What does this stalking reveal about his personality? What are your thoughts on his behavior? Does it seem he has stalked before? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why do people stalk other people? What might this reveal about a stalker's mindset?
Essay Topic 2
Both Edward and Johannes plan to make Cordelia hate them.
Part 1) Describe each of their plans to make her hate them. How do their plans compare to each other?
Part 2) Why do they want her to hate them? Are they in each other's plans? Explain.
Part 3) Does this happen in relationships today? Do people purposely make others angry, jealous, and hateful? If so, why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Johannes is troubled because he cannot remember what Cordelia looks like after just having seen her.
Part 1) Why might he have trouble remembering her face? How is this a clue to his desire to stalk? What does this say about his mental state?
Part 2) By what else is Johannes troubled throughout this book? Why is he troubled be this? How do they ultimately affect Cordelia?
Part 3) When is Cordelia troubled in this book? How are her feelings of unease connected to Johannes and his emotions?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)