|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through this use of __________, Johannes now believes that Cordelia is his.
(c) A fear.
2. What is the aunt's response to Johannes' proposal?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She gives her consent.
(c) She does not give her consent.
(d) She becomes angry.
3. He then tries to discuss with her when an engagement should be broken. What does Johannes observe in her?
4. Does Cordelia express self-confidence in Johannes' presence?
(d) Not often.
5. Johannes notes that he has seen Cordelia do what for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Johannes eager to help Cordelia's passion mature?
2. In these times, how does Johannes primarily spend his time?
3. Johannes wishes he could watch Cordelia react as she reads his letters. Why?
4. Johannes believes that when women devote themselves wholly, what happens to their beauty?
5. In Johannes' last entry, he never wants to see Cordelia again and believes she has done what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johannes write on September 24th?
2. How does Johannes feel about Cordelia at this time?
3. Does Cordelia respond to his letters? Why or why not?
4. What does Johannes wonder and wish about Cordelia at this time?
5. What is the 'first war?'
6. What plans does Johannes have for the engagement?
7. What does Cordelia wish for by the end of this section? What does Johannes think of this?
8. How does Johannes' relationship with Cordelia take a dramatic change in course?
9. What does Johannes say about breaking the engagement?
10. What does Johannes say regarding his proposal to Cordelia?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)