|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Johannes happy that their engagement ended at this time?
(a) It is a time of new beginnings and is appropriate for their new, separate lives.
(b) It is an exciting time of year, and a good time for Cordelia to find other men to entertain her.
(c) It is a dark time of year, much like the end of their engagement.
(d) It is a sad time of year, for which sad matters are appropriate.
2. Johannes says that Cordelia is devoted to him, but is she his in full yet?
(a) Yes, mostly.
(b) No, and she never will be.
(c) Yes, completely.
(d) No, not yet.
3. Married women have ________ periods in which they are of interest.
4. When Johannes sees her, Cordelia knows that their relationship must do what?
5. Why, as a woman, does Cordelia hate him?
(a) Because of his intelligence.
(b) Because of his uninterested masculinity.
(c) Because of his arrogance.
(d) Because of his wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cordelia go?
2. The entry continues with Johannes noting that Cordelia's aunt did what the previous evening?
3. What does Johannes feel he should simply enjoy?
4. How does Edward react when he learns of their engagement?
5. Johannes suggests that love can only be perfect when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cordelia wish for by the end of this section? What does Johannes think of this?
2. What does Johannes wonder and wish about Cordelia at this time?
3. What his happening to Cordelia by the end of this section?
4. Does Cordelia respond to his letters? Why or why not?
5. How does Johannes feel about Cordelia at this time?
6. What does Johannes ask Cordelia to do in the letter her writes?
7. What does Johannes use to his advantage, regarding Cordelia? Why?
8. How does Johannes feel Cordelia feels about him? Why?
9. What is the 'first war?'
10. What does Johannes do on the 31st?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)