|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Johannes regard this man as a serious competitor?
(b) Only much later.
(d) Only at first.
2. Whose story comprises most of the diary?
(b) The girl's.
(d) The narrator's.
3. Johannes sees Cordelia but doesn't talk to her, instead speaking with whom in front of her?
(a) Aunt Jansen.
(b) Mr. Baxter.
(c) The servants.
4. How does Edward pretend to be?
5. Why does Johannes advise Edward to rely on him?
(a) To show him how to interact with others.
(b) To show him how to attract Cordelia.
(c) To show him how to impress a woman.
(d) To show him how to get a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the days pass, Cordelia becomes tired of listening to whom?
2. Why does Cordelia live with her aunt?
3. How did Cordelia act around Johannes when she was introduced to him?
4. On the ninth, Johannes wonders if he has become _________________.
5. On June 2nd, Johannes notes that Cordelia is __________________; the chatter of her cousins bores her.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cordelia react to what Johannes has said to her? How does the description of the exhibition end?
2. What is Johannes willing to do to attract women? What will he do regarding Cordelia?
3. What does the narrator say about Kierkegaard's character in the book?
4. What takes place on the 15th and 16th?
5. How does the narrator feel about Cordelia?
6. What happens when Cordelia arrives at the exhibition? When does Johannes first talk to her? About what does he talk?
7. Describe Johannes' April 5th entry.
8. What should be noted regarding the author and the characters in this story?
9. What does Cordelia say in the second letter?
10. How does the book open?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)