|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sixteenth comes and Johannes notes that it is _______________________ to be in love and interesting to know that one is on love.
2. Other girls delight in Johannes. Is he interested in them?
3. Of whom is Cordelia the daughter?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) An admiral.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An office in the Royal Navy.
4. He is her _____________ for eternity.
5. As the days pass, Cordelia becomes tired of listening to whom?
(a) Mr. Baxter.
(b) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was there was a real woman in Kierkegaard's life named Cordelia?
2. Kierkegaard appears interested in using the diary to paint himself as what?
3. How does Johannes try and use this person's arrival to his advantage?
4. Johannes then continues to describe Cordelia, with remarks like "Her countenance is like a fruit" and "Her head is a ___________ head."
5. Johannes considers feigning a chance encounter with Cordelia where he will offer her what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place on the 23rd?
2. What happens between Edward and Johannes?
3. What does Edward do regarding his interest in Cordelia?
4. What does Cordelia say in the second letter?
5. What does the man do with the collection of letters from Cordelia?
6. What does the April 9th entry say?
7. What has Johannes learned by the 30th? What interactions take place between Cordelia and Johannes by the 30th?
8. How does Cordelia react to what Johannes has said to her? How does the description of the exhibition end?
9. Describe Johannes' April 5th entry.
10. What does the narrator say about Kierkegaard's character in the book?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)