|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Johannes introduced to Cordelia?
(a) In the park.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the store.
(d) At Mrs. Jansen's.
2. Who shows up to accompany Cordelia?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) A servant.
(c) A man.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Does Johannes regard this man as a serious competitor?
(a) Only at first.
(c) Only much later.
4. Why does Edward pretend to be a confirmed bachelor?
(a) To get Cordelia to like him.
(b) To get Cordelia to think about him.
(c) To get Cordelia to hate him.
(d) To get Cordelia to trust him.
5. Was life stimulating enough for Kierkegaard?
(b) Some of the time.
(d) Most of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has still not happened by the twenty-first?
2. Why does Edward pretend to be this way?
3. Other girls delight in Johannes. Is he interested in them?
4. Johannes points out that he has learned what for new women?
5. On the twelfth, Johannes discovers the glory of having a young girl come upon you when?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johannes treat Cordelia, as time goes on? Why does he treat her this way?
2. What takes place on the 23rd?
3. What happens between Edward and Johannes?
4. What does Edward do regarding his interest in Cordelia?
5. What does Johannes learn on the 21st and 22nd?
6. How does the narrator feel about Cordelia?
7. Describe Johannes' April 5th entry.
8. What does Johannes do upon arriving at the exhibition?
9. What does Johannes discover on the 12th?
10. What does Cordelia say in the second letter?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)