|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Cordelia respond to Johannes' letters?
(a) Yes, most of the time.
(b) Not most of the time.
(c) Not ever.
(d) Yes, all the time.
2. He writes in the first person and expresses deep _______________ at finding the work that is about to begin and the sultry details within it.
3. Why does Johannes want Edward to leave?
(a) So that he can declare his love to Cordelia.
(b) So that Cordelia will miss Edward.
(c) So that he can continue to ignore Cordelia.
(d) So that he can help Edward get Cordelia.
4. Where was Johannes introduced to Cordelia?
(a) At Mrs. Jansen's.
(b) In the park.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the store.
5. The narrator notes that Kierkegaard was more at home where?
(a) In a world beyond this one.
(b) With Cordelia.
(d) In his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other girls delight in Johannes. Is he interested in them?
2. From here, what must be understood?
3. Why does Johannes wonder if this has happened to him?
4. How did Cordelia respond when Johannes begins to tell her stories about broken engagements that he knew of?
5. The man points out that the work is a diary fully of what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)