Short Essay Questions
1. How does Screwtape recommend that Wormwood prevent humans from using their reasoning?
2. Why does Screwtape encourage Wormwood to play upon the man's disappointment with his fellow churchgoers?
3. Why does Screwtape tell Wormwood it is good for the patient to pray for his mother's soul?
4. Why does Screwtape advise if the patient must pray at all, center prayer on his feelings and images?
5. Why does Screwtape tell Wormwood war is not necessarily always a good thing?
6. Why does Screwtape tell Wormwood the details of the war in progress are of no interest?
7. Screwtape tells Wormwood the English people are hateful in the abstract but kindly in the concrete. How does he suggest Wormwood use this information regarding the patient?
8. How does Screwtape tell Wormwood to use imaginings now that war is upon the patient?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)