|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis think makes a person slave to the appetites?
(a) Strong attachment to what goes into the mouth.
(b) Reliance upon dieting.
(c) Vanity about food knowledge and food preparation.
(d) Disregard of the opinion of others about consumption.
2. Why are sincere likings tools of the Enemy?
(a) Sincere likings nourish the soul.
(b) Sincere likings bond the person to the Enemy.
(c) Sincere likings make the person true to himself or herself.
(d) Sincere likings seldom change over time.
3. What should Wormwood do to encourage snappishness and increase aggravations?
(a) Regularly remind the patient of previous embarrassments.
(b) Surround the patient with annoying people.
(c) Lower the patient's expectations of what life owes to him.
(d) Raise the patient's expectations of what life owes to him.
4. Screwtape tells Wormwood to train the patient about prayer.
(a) The best prayers are personal imaginings about God.
(b) The best prayers are measured by review of personal possessions.
(c) The best prayers are measured by the feelings produced.
(d) The best prayers are built upon childhood parrot-like repetition.
5. Why is the laughter of joy and fun no good to the devils?
(a) Sets a good example to children.
(b) It can become permanent.
(c) Creates a longing for more of the same.
(d) It is related to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of prayer pleases the Enemy the most?
2. What should Wormwood do if the patient begins to think fiends exist?
3. When is Wormwood close to winning the soul of the patient in a faction?
4. What does Screwtape describe as the only useful thing about war?
5. How does the Enemy want the patient to view the future?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)