|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should Wormwood do if the patient begins to think fiends exist?
(a) Suggest the patient converse with the fiends.
(b) Suggest a fiend image of something in red tights.
(c) Minimize fiendish activity for a spell.
(d) Suggest to patient he is losing his mind.
2. Why does Screwtape advise it is good the new Christian is still going to church?
(a) Keeps his focus on empty ritual rather than substance.
(b) Allows him to think he understands all about the Enemy.
(c) Keeps him from noticing his faith is slipping away.
(d) Keeps him alert to the sins of fellow churchgoers.
3. What is the law of Undulation?
(a) The life of a human is a series of peaks and troughs.
(b) Humans usually forget things, then repeat those same actions.
(c) The human mindset often follows the seasonal changes.
(d) Good times are always followed by regret.
4. What is one of Screwtape's favorite tricks concerning Christianity?
(a) Suggest Christianity is a mind-numbing drug.
(b) Propose Christianity exists only to comfort the weak.
(c) Suggest Christianity is learned in childhood and is a childish idea.
(d) Make Christianity a means to an end, thereby creating unattainable mental notions.
5. How does Screwtape suggest sowing seeds of marital discord?
(a) Encourage each partner to seek outside opinions on private matters.
(b) Encourage each partner to easily and readily sacrifice for the other.
(c) Encourage lustful sexual relations as much as possible.
(d) Encourage each partner to be selfish during courtship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Screwtape especially angry about the couple?
2. Why does Lewis think it is a good thing when Christians are aware of their social responsibilities?
3. When does humor least serve the fiend's mission?
4. What does Screwtape suggest is a good strategy for ongoing fiend work?
5. Focusing upon impossible ideals detracts from what?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)