|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is false humility good for the fiend's cause?
(a) False humility is preoccupation with self.
(b) False humility leads to sinfulness.
(c) False humility feeds the emotions.
(d) False humility is an insult to the Enemy.
2. How should the fiend encourage the patient to think about malice and benevolence?
(a) Malice toward war leaders, benevolence to people affected by war.
(b) Malice toward those remote and unknown, benevolence toward the neighbors.
(c) Malice toward the neighbors, benevolence toward those remote and unknown.
(d) Malice toward declared enemies of war, benevolence to injured.
3. What is always the primary goal of a fiend?
(a) To cause anxiety.
(b) To create false ideas.
(c) To befuddle.
(d) To teach incorrectly.
4. What makes Screwtape especially angry about the couple?
(a) They openly express love of God.
(b) They hold no secrets from one another.
(c) They feel sexual attraction to each other, and God approves of it.
(d) They expect and are planning for happiness in marriage.
5. What type of friendships should Wormwood encourage to the patient?
(a) People that are bright, skeptical, wealthy and worldly.
(b) People that have many moral values.
(c) People that are wholly committed churchgoers.
(d) People that have few moral values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Screwtape think is particularly fun about churches?
2. What have the Enemy's servants taught for 2000 years as the greatest temptation?
3. What does Screwtape identify as a disadvantage for devils?
4. What is Screwtape's suggestion for dividing the patient from the girl and friends?
5. What tactics should Wormwood use to help people claim ownership?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)