|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Screwtape tells Wormwood to train the patient about prayer.
(a) The best prayers are personal imaginings about God.
(b) The best prayers are measured by the feelings produced.
(c) The best prayers are measured by review of personal possessions.
(d) The best prayers are built upon childhood parrot-like repetition.
2. Why is the laughter of joy and fun no good to the devils?
(a) It can become permanent.
(b) It is related to Heaven.
(c) Creates a longing for more of the same.
(d) Sets a good example to children.
3. What is the origin of all pleasure, including sex?
(a) The Enemy.
(b) Our Father Below.
(c) Worldly success.
(d) Free will.
4. Why are factions to be encouraged by fiends?
(a) Factions divide families and friends.
(b) Factions foster pride and hatred.
(c) Factions suppress positive thinking.
(d) Factions draw people away from the Enemy.
5. How should the fiend encourage the patient to think about malice and benevolence?
(a) Malice toward the neighbors, benevolence toward those remote and unknown.
(b) Malice toward declared enemies of war, benevolence to injured.
(c) Malice toward war leaders, benevolence to people affected by war.
(d) Malice toward those remote and unknown, benevolence toward the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Screwtape think about the patient's mind?
2. What is one of the best fiend tactics to use during spiritual dullness?
3. When does humor least serve the fiend's mission?
4. Screwtape tells Wormwood it is best if patient avoids this.
5. What can be fatal to a fiend's plan for a patient?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)