|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it best to discourage belief in fiends?
(a) Non-belief makes it easier to believe in materialism.
(b) Belief by patients leads to fiend failure
(c) Belief makes fiends lazy and unimaginative.
(d) Non-belief makes a patient lazy and unimaginative.
2. Screwtape tells Wormwood to train the patient about prayer.
(a) The best prayers are personal imaginings about God.
(b) The best prayers are measured by the feelings produced.
(c) The best prayers are measured by review of personal possessions.
(d) The best prayers are built upon childhood parrot-like repetition.
3. When does humor least serve the fiend's mission?
(a) When the patient sees humor in all things.
(b) When the patient misunderstands the punch line.
(c) When humor is lacking a victim.
(d) When the patient knows actions and deeds matter more than thoughts and words.
4. How does Screwtape think about the patient's mind?
(a) Several layers with the will as the largest.
(b) Concentric circles with the will as the innermost.
(c) Pyramid shape with the will as the base.
(d) Separated compartments with the will as the smallest.
5. What are the best sort of jokes?
(a) Jokes about science.
(b) Jokes about churchgoers.
(c) Jokes that excuse acts of cruelty or cowardice.
(d) Jokes about sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mindset that discourages belief that fiends exist?
2. Why does Screwtape favor prayer for the soul?
3. What is an excellent way to insulate the heart from the Enemy?
4. What does the thought 'religion is all very well up to a point' lead to?
5. Screwtape says the best fiend work is done this way.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)