|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does the dream lord have?
2. What is Erasmus wearing when Madoc comes to see him?
3. What is causing Madoc agony when he is visiting with Erasmus?
4. What does Erasmus offer to lend Madoc?
5. What happens when Madoc writes a play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Erasmus Fry capture Calliope?
2. What does the Siamese cat see when she gets to the cave in her dream?
3. What does Madoc tell Felix to do when he is caring for him after his breakdown?
4. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
5. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
6. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
7. What do most of the cats think after the meeting with the Siamese cat?
8. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
9. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
10. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Magic and supernatural powers were interwoven into each of these stories. What are some major examples of this, and how did this change the feel and progression of the plots?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)