|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Madoc move into his new house?
2. What is shown in the piece of art near the cat leading the meeting?
3. Where was the leader cat in her dream after she was separated from her kittens?
4. How does the kitten get out of the house?
5. How many Oscars is Madoc's first movie nominated for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Siamese cat learn from her dream?
2. What does the bird in the Siamese cat's dream tell her when the dream begins?
3. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
4. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
5. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
6. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
7. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
8. Why does Madoc tell Oneiros he can't release Calliope, and how does Oneiros respond?
9. What does Madoc tell Felix to do when he is caring for him after his breakdown?
10. What does the Siamese cat see when she gets to the cave in her dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)