|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who freed Oneiros from his imprisonment?
2. What does Madoc force Calliope to do while in his house?
3. What do the owners of the leader of the cat meeting call her kittens?
4. What kind of God is the only kind left on the Earth?
5. What does the leader cat preach to cats all over the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
2. What does Mulligan tell Rainie he looks like, and what does Rainie say in return?
3. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
4. In "A Midsummer Night's Dream", why does the Sandman tell the fairies that he has asked Shakespeare to write these plays?
5. How did Erasmus Fry die?
6. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
7. What has happened to most of the gods when Calliope is trapped at Madoc's house?
8. Who was Algon and how did he die?
9. What does the Siamese cat learn from her dream?
10. When did Death come into existence?
Essay Topic 1
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plots. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)