|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cats does the leader cat thinks she needs to change the world?
2. What is Calliope?
3. What do the cats call the one they are going to see?
4. What is Felix's last name?
5. What does the leader cat learn the power of during her dream after she is separated from her kittens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Siamese cat choose to do with her life after waking from her dream?
2. What does the woman say when she sees the kitten sleeping in the hall?
3. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
4. What does the Siamese cat learn from her dream?
5. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
6. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
7. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
8. What does the man think the kitten is dreaming about, and what is ironic about this statement?
9. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
10. What does the bird in the Siamese cat's dream tell her when the dream begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)