|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard Madoc's occupation?
2. Who separates the leader cat from her kittens?
3. Where is the leader cat told to go in her dream after she is separated from her kittens?
4. How do the cats feel about the meeting they are about to attend?
5. Which of the following does NOT guard the final destination in the leading cat's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Siamese cat choose to do with her life after waking from her dream?
2. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
3. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
4. What does the woman say when she sees the kitten sleeping in the hall?
5. How did Erasmus Fry capture Calliope?
6. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
7. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
8. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
9. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
10. Why does Madoc tell Oneiros he can't release Calliope, and how does Oneiros respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)