Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wasteland does the leader cat have to travel through in her dream?
2. What great piece of literature did Calliope inspire?
3. What is a trichinobezoar made out of?
4. What does the cat leading the meeting sit on top of?
5. What is causing Madoc agony when he is visiting with Erasmus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
2. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What happens as Rainie is dying?
5. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
6. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
7. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
8. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
9. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
10. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book, but are found in excess in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)