|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cat talk to the kitten?
2. What does the leader cat say to the kitten when the meeting is over?
3. What book does Erasmus want re-printed?
4. How many Oscars is Madoc's first movie nominated for?
5. What does the kitten's friend hunt before taking the kitten home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calliope say when Erasmus gives her to Madoc, and how does he respond?
2. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
3. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
4. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
5. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
6. Who does Calliope pray to for help, and why are they unable to help her?
7. What does the Siamese cat learn from her dream?
8. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
9. What does the woman say when she sees the kitten sleeping in the hall?
10. Why does Madoc tell Oneiros he can't release Calliope, and how does Oneiros respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in these stories all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)