|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the kitten dreaming the morning after the meeting?
2. How was the trichinobezoar created?
3. What kind of God is the only kind left on the Earth?
4. What does the kitten's friend hunt before taking the kitten home?
5. Where does Erasmus keep Calliope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
2. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
3. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
4. What does the man think the kitten is dreaming about, and what is ironic about this statement?
5. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
6. What does the woman say when she sees the kitten sleeping in the hall?
7. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
8. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
9. How did Erasmus Fry die?
10. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)