|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
2. What kind of book is Madoc's third published work?
3. Who separates the leader cat from her kittens?
4. What will happen if Madoc doesn't fulfill his contract for his latest project?
5. What are the human owners doing the morning after the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
2. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
3. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
4. What does the bird in the Siamese cat's dream tell her when the dream begins?
5. What does the Siamese cat choose to do with her life after waking from her dream?
6. What has happened to most of the gods when Calliope is trapped at Madoc's house?
7. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
8. What does the man think the kitten is dreaming about, and what is ironic about this statement?
9. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
10. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received by and to Rainie. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
Essay Topic 2
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)