Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wasteland does the leader cat have to travel through in her dream?
2. What great piece of literature did Calliope inspire?
3. What is a trichinobezoar made out of?
4. What does the cat leading the meeting sit on top of?
5. What is causing Madoc agony when he is visiting with Erasmus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
2. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What happens as Rainie is dying?
5. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
6. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
7. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
8. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
9. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
10. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)