Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wasteland does the leader cat have to travel through in her dream?
2. What great piece of literature did Calliope inspire?
3. What is a trichinobezoar made out of?
4. What does the cat leading the meeting sit on top of?
5. What is causing Madoc agony when he is visiting with Erasmus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
2. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What happens as Rainie is dying?
5. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
6. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
7. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
8. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
9. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
10. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book but appeared most especially in Calliope. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Foolishness was a very common folly highlighted in this collection of stories through the misdeeds of Madoc, Puck, and Rainie. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message was being sent through this blatant foolishness?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)