|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Erasmus catch 'her'?
2. What does the leader cat want to change about the world?
3. What time of day does Madoc move into his new house?
4. What does Madoc say to himself while raping Calliope?
5. What happens when Madoc writes a play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calliope say when Erasmus gives her to Madoc, and how does he respond?
2. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
3. What does Madoc tell Felix to do when he is caring for him after his breakdown?
4. What does the bird in the Siamese cat's dream tell her when the dream begins?
5. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
6. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
7. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
8. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
9. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
10. What happens when the cats get to the graveyard in "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There was a lot of interesting advice given and received by and to Rainie. What are some examples of this advice, and what were the consequences of it?
Essay Topic 2
Foolishness was a very common folly highlighted in this collection of stories through the misdeeds of Madoc, Puck, and Rainie. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message was being sent through this blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)