Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wasteland does the leader cat have to travel through in her dream?
2. What great piece of literature did Calliope inspire?
3. What is a trichinobezoar made out of?
4. What does the cat leading the meeting sit on top of?
5. What is causing Madoc agony when he is visiting with Erasmus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
2. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
3. Who was Algon and how did he die?
4. What happens as Rainie is dying?
5. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
6. What does Rainie have to do before meeting with Della for lunch?
7. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
8. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
9. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
10. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in these stories all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)