|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the trichinobezoar created?
2. Why can Calliope not be helped?
3. Which of the following does NOT guard the final destination in the leading cat's dream?
4. What kind of book is Madoc's third published work?
5. What kind of flowers was Erasmus carrying when he captured Calliope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
2. What has happened to most of the gods when Calliope is trapped at Madoc's house?
3. What happens when the cats get to the graveyard in "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"?
4. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
5. Who does Calliope pray to for help, and why are they unable to help her?
6. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
7. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
8. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
9. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
10. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in these stories all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)