|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the meeting in "A Dream of Thousand Cats" being held?
2. When did Erasmus catch 'her'?
3. What is the most satisfying prey for cats in the former world?
4. Who separates the leader cat from her kittens?
5. What does Madoc say to himself while raping Calliope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calliope say when Erasmus gives her to Madoc, and how does he respond?
2. What are Rainie's only contacts with the outer world?
3. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
4. What is Rainie's power, and what is the main weakness in it?
5. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
6. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
7. How did Erasmus Fry die?
8. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
9. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
10. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in these stories, but especially in the case of the Siamese cat and Rainie. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)