|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who separates the leader cat from her kittens?
2. Where does Erasmus keep Calliope?
3. Who does Erasmus say used bezoars when they were alive?
4. What great piece of literature did Calliope inspire?
5. How late is Madoc with his latest project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
2. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
3. What do most of the cats think after the meeting with the Siamese cat?
4. What does Madoc tell Felix to do when he is caring for him after his breakdown?
5. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
6. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
7. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
8. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
9. What does the Siamese cat see when she gets to the cave in her dream?
10. Why does Madoc tell Oneiros he can't release Calliope, and how does Oneiros respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)