|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did cats look in the former world?
2. When did Erasmus catch 'her'?
3. What color is the kitten in "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"?
4. Who does Erasmus say used bezoars when they were alive?
5. What do the owners of the leader of the cat meeting call her kittens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
2. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
3. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
4. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
5. Who does Calliope pray to for help, and why are they unable to help her?
6. What does the man think the kitten is dreaming about, and what is ironic about this statement?
7. How did Erasmus Fry capture Calliope?
8. How did Erasmus Fry die?
9. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
10. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book, but are found in excess in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)