|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dream lord tell the leader cat to understand what has happened to her?
2. How many cats does the leader cat thinks she needs to change the world?
3. What does the leader cat lose when she travels through the big void?
4. What is Richard Madoc's occupation?
5. What is Oneiros the king of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Erasmus Fry die?
2. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
3. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
4. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
5. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
6. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
7. What happens as Rainie is dying?
8. What is Della's problem and why is she confiding in Rainie?
9. What do Calliope and Oneiros talk about when they are together again?
10. What does Puck decide to do as the fairies are leaving?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)