|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the humans describe the kitten while she is dreaming?
2. What does the kitten's friend hunt before taking the kitten home?
3. What will happen if Madoc doesn't fulfill his contract for his latest project?
4. What does the leader cat lose when she travels through the big void?
5. How did cats look in the former world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
2. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
3. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
4. What does the Siamese cat see when she gets to the cave in her dream?
5. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
6. What does the bird in the Siamese cat's dream tell her when the dream begins?
7. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
8. How did Erasmus Fry capture Calliope?
9. What does Calliope say when Erasmus gives her to Madoc, and how does he respond?
10. How did Erasmus Fry die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Magic and supernatural powers were interwoven into each of these stories. What are some major examples of this, and how did this change the feel and progression of the plots?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)