|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Erasmus say used bezoars when they were alive?
2. What is the most satisfying prey for cats in the former world?
3. What kind of God is the only kind left on the Earth?
4. What does Madoc say to himself while raping Calliope?
5. What do humans do for cats in the former world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to most of the gods when Calliope is trapped at Madoc's house?
2. What does the Siamese cat learn from her dream?
3. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
4. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
5. Who does Calliope pray to for help, and why are they unable to help her?
6. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
7. What does the dream lord say to the Siamese cat about what the humans accomplished?
8. What happens as the kitten is leaving the graveyard?
9. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
10. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in these stories all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in these stories and where does it appear? How is the plot of the stories altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)