|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cats do not believe in the leader cat's message?
2. What bothers Madoc while raping Calliope?
3. What does the cat leading the meeting sit on top of?
4. Who does Erasmus say used bezoars when they were alive?
5. What are the human owners doing the morning after the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the kitten's owners do the morning after the cat meeting?
2. What has happened to most of the gods when Calliope is trapped at Madoc's house?
3. What does the bird in the Siamese cat's dream tell her when the dream begins?
4. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
5. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
6. What do most of the cats think after the meeting with the Siamese cat?
7. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
8. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
9. What does the Siamese cat see when she looks into the dream lord's eyes?
10. Why does Erasmus Fry decide to give Calliope to Madoc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Foolishness was a very common folly highlighted in this collection of stories through the misdeeds of Madoc, Puck, and Rainie. What are some of the main examples of this, and what message was being sent through this blatant foolishness?
Essay Topic 3
The Siamese cat presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the cats around her?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)