|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the kitten in "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"?
2. What does Madoc force Calliope to do while in his house?
3. Where is the kitten dreaming the morning after the meeting?
4. What color eyes does the dream lord have?
5. How many Oscars is Madoc's first movie nominated for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do most of the cats think after the meeting with the Siamese cat?
2. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
3. What happens to Madoc while he is at a newsstand?
4. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
5. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
6. What does Calliope say when Erasmus gives her to Madoc, and how does he respond?
7. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
8. What does the Siamese cat choose to do with her life after waking from her dream?
9. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
10. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in these stories. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
These stories place in different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plots. Why might Gaiman have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)