|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who separates the leader cat from her kittens?
2. What does Madoc say to himself while raping Calliope?
3. What does the kitten's friend hunt before taking the kitten home?
4. What does the kitten say to the leader cat before leaving the meeting?
5. What does Erasmus offer to lend Madoc?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
2. In "A Dream of a Thousand Cats", what do the kitten and the cat talk about after the owners leave the house for the night?
3. What made the Siamese cat hate her owners?
4. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
5. What does the Siamese cat choose to do with her life after waking from her dream?
6. What does the Siamese cat learn from her dream?
7. What does the Siamese cat see when she gets to the cave in her dream?
8. What happens when the cats get to the graveyard in "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"?
9. How did Erasmus Fry capture Calliope?
10. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the story he/she appeared in?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Madoc endures many different trials before the end of his story. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)