|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erasmus say all writers are at heart?
2. How does the cat talk to the kitten?
3. Who does Erasmus say used bezoars when they were alive?
4. Where is the kitten dreaming the morning after the meeting?
5. What does Madoc say he considers himself while at a party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madoc do to express all the ideas that came to him?
2. How did Erasmus Fry die?
3. What happens to Madoc after he makes love to Calliope for the first time?
4. What happens when the cats get to the graveyard in "A Dream of a Thousand Cats"?
5. What does Felix find when he gets to Madoc's house for the first time?
6. What happens to Madoc after Calliope is released?
7. Why does Calliope not want to ask Oneiros for help?
8. What does Madoc accuse Calliope of doing to him, and how does she respond?
9. What does the kitten's friend do before taking her home after the meeting in the graveyard?
10. How did the humans overcome the cats in the former world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the feeling of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in these stories all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters, especially Calliope, Rainie, and Hamnet. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)