|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jessica has trouble getting into her dad’s van?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) Her mom helps her in.
(c) She hurts herself.
(d) Her dad picks her up.
2. What character appears in Jessica’s running dream that night, in Part III?
(a) Ms. Rucker.
3. What happened to the man who crashed his truck into the track bus?
(a) He’s in the hospital.
(b) He died.
(c) He fled the country.
(d) He was arrested.
4. What happens to Jessica the first time she tries to go to the bathroom herself after her surgery?
(a) She gets to the bathroom and pees herself.
(b) She gets to the bathroom and pukes.
(c) She gets dizzy and sits back down.
(d) She gets someone to carry her.
5. What does Jessica think she will never be able to do again after her surgery?
(c) Listen to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica feel about her journey up the stairs and into the bathtub on her own for the first time?
2. Why is Dad skeptical about the Help Jessica Run campaign?
3. What does Ms. Rucker tell Jessica to do when she comes to class?
4. How does seeing Chloe walk around easily with her prosthetic leg make Jessica feel?
5. Why does Jessica’s mom not sleep at the hospital anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jessica put up a front when her sister Kaylee comes to visit?
2. Why does Jessica secretly wish that the roles between herself and Lucy had been reversed?
3. Why does Jessica feel overwhelmed being in the hospital after her surgery?
4. Why does Jessica call her mother after she leaves with Fiona to go to lunch?
5. Why is Jessica upset after her leg surgery?
6. What is the significance of Jessica’s first running dream?
7. How does Jessica react to the running videos that Kyro shows her?
8. What revelation does Jessica have about her family’s financial situation?
9. Why does Jessica feel self-conscious about her pants on her first day back at school?
10. What does Jessica think about when she is in the shower?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)