|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lucy, who was also in the car accident?
(a) She lost one leg.
(b) She is in a coma.
(c) She lost two legs.
(d) She died.
2. What do Kyro and Fiona show Jessica in Part III?
(a) The stats for last track season.
(b) Videos of track runners with prosthetic running legs.
(c) The stats for the current track season.
(d) Videos of cats.
3. How does Fiona describe the funeral service?
4. Who introduces themselves to Jessica during the first track meet she attends since the accident?
(a) Merryl’s mom.
(b) Vanessa’s mom.
(c) Gavin’s mom.
(d) Shandall’s mom.
5. What does Jessica do in order to take a shower in Part II?
(a) Wait for help.
(b) Jump through a hoop.
(c) Call her mom.
(d) Climb the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spots Jessica in the parking lot and runs over to give her a hug when she is returning to school for the first time?
2. What does Jessica do one morning when Sherlock wakes her up since she cannot take him for a run?
3. What does Fiona ask Jessica’s first period teacher when Jessica first returns to school?
4. How do Jessica's parents respond when she asks for a refill on the pain meds?
5. What does Jessica want to do before she goes out for the first time since returning from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jessica feel emotional when her dad pulls into their driveway for the first time since the accident?
2. Why does Jessica feel silly about not taking up Rosa’s offer to help her with math homework?
3. Why is Jessica’s exchange with Kaylee and her friends so awkward when they come home?
4. Why does Jessica feel self-conscious about her pants on her first day back at school?
5. Why can Jessica not help but stare at Fiona’s legs when she comes to visit her?
6. What has Jessica nicknamed her prosthetist, Hank?
7. Why does Jessica feel overwhelmed being in the hospital after her surgery?
8. Why does Jessica feel self-conscious when Ms. Rucker asks her if she is going to be sitting with Rosa?
9. What does Jessica realize about herself when she sees that her stump is becoming more manageable?
10. How does Jessica react to the running videos that Kyro shows her?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)