|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, 11, and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Orwell describe Mr. Brooker?
(a) An aggressive, manly, attractive fellow.
(b) An ugly, offensive, odd smelling man.
(c) A dark, sour, small boned, filthy man.
(d) A small boned, angry, crippled man.
2. What did Orwell think was more important than changes in dynasties or changes of religion?
(a) Changes of clothing and cloth.
(b) Changes of diet.
(c) Changes of housing materials.
(d) Changes of the seasons.
3. What were some of the restrictions placed on residents of Corporation housing?
(a) No cars parked on the street, no pets larger than fifty pounds.
(b) No animals or pets, no laundry lines.
(c) No trash on the streets, no outdoor fires.
(d) No poultry or pigeons, no neighborhood pubs.
4. What did Orwell say was the primary preoccupation of a single unemployed man in winter?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Begging for money.
(c) Finding work.
(d) Keeping warm.
5. When asked who the top ten greatest men living in 1920, who was most often named in Orwell's school class?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Orwell leave the Brooker's boarding house?
2. What famous line came from Greenwood's play "Love on the Dole?"
3. What point was Orwell making in his explanation of the coal miner's pay?
4. Under the capitalist system, who did Orwell say must live on the edge of starvation so that England can live in comfort?
5. What class did Orwell say he was born into?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)