|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical attributes did the fillers share?
(a) They were short, slightly overweight and broad shouldered.
(b) They were tall, broad shouldered and thick around the waist.
(c) They were small, broad shouldered and thin.
(d) They were small, overweight thick thighed men.
2. How did the Brookers view the two old age pensioners that lived in their house?
(a) They thought of them as dreadful parasites living on their charity.
(b) They thought of them as two old, quiet men bothering no one.
(c) They thought of them as a danger because they smoked in bed.
(d) They did not think of them at all as long as they paid their rent.
3. What did Orwell say about the Corporation housing as a whole?
(a) "Comfortable and personal."
(b) "Ruthless and soulless."
(c) "Adequate and personalized."
(d) "Demeaning and horrific."
4. What did Orwell say the fillers looked like?
(a) Hammered iron statues.
(b) Slaves in Egypt.
(c) Hammered metal sculpture.
(d) Wooden soldiers.
5. When a miner comes up from the pit, why does he appear to be pale?
(a) Because of the foul air he has been breathing.
(b) Because he is thirsty.
(c) Because he is exhausted.
(d) Because he has not been in the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Orwell describe the meals at the Brooker's house?
2. How many tons of coal were moved on the conveyor belt every minute?
3. What was the average size of one of the dwellings?
4. What is nystagmus?
5. What was done with the unusable shale inside of the mines?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)