|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what did Orwell believe our civilization is based?
2. What is "traveling?"
(a) The unpaid time it takes to crawl through the tunnels to the job site.
(b) Going up and down in the elevator.
(c) Getting to and from the mine from the miner's home.
(d) The unpaid time it takes to get from the job site to the eating area.
3. What was one problem faced by the tenant moving from slum housing into new housing?
(a) The outdoor plumbing.
(b) The lack of medical care.
(c) The noise level.
(d) The higher expense.
4. Where was Orwell's bed in his room at the Brooker's house?
(a) Against a dresser.
(b) In the right hand corner nearest the door.
(c) On the east wall.
(d) In the center of the room.
5. What is nystagmus?
(a) An eye disease.
(b) A heart disease.
(c) A nose disease.
(d) A lung disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature did Orwell see a surprising abundance of in the coal mine?
2. Why does every miner have a blue scar on his nose and forehead?
3. Who did most of the cooking and laundry at the Brooker house?
4. What did Orwell learn had happened to Wigan Pier?
5. To what man did Orwell compare the coal miner?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)