|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other types of expenses were taken from the miner's pay?
(a) Insurance, lamp rental, union fees.
(b) Insurance, uniform rental, hospital fees.
(c) Hospital fees, tools, uniform rental.
(d) Uniform rental, tools, union fees.
2. What did each of the permanent lodgers get for their ten shillings a week rent?
(a) An attic room, a toilet, and one meal a day.
(b) A bedroom, a shared bath, and two meals a day.
(c) A couch in a living area, a shared bath, and one meal a day.
(d) A bed in the attic and meals that were mostly bread and butter.
3. Where was Orwell's bed in his room at the Brooker's house?
(a) In the center of the room.
(b) On the east wall.
(c) In the right hand corner nearest the door.
(d) Against a dresser.
4. What creature did Orwell see a surprising abundance of in the coal mine?
5. What is the cause of the great majority of accidents in the mine?
(a) Gas explosions.
(b) Fall of a roof.
(c) Gob fires.
(d) Human error.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Orwell describe Mrs. Brooker?
2. Who was Emmie?
3. What kind of shop was attached to the Brooker's boarding house?
4. When they had something to eat, what did the fillers consume?
5. How did Orwell react to the train moving into the countryside?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)