|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were "cream crackers?"
(a) Potato chips.
(d) Fried bread.
2. What did the fillers wear?
(a) Shorts, light tee shirts and clogs.
(b) Long cotton pants and clogs.
(c) Thin drawers, clogs and knee pads.
(d) Shorts, light tee shirts and knee pads.
3. How did Orwell describe Mr. Brooker?
(a) An ugly, offensive, odd smelling man.
(b) An aggressive, manly, attractive fellow.
(c) A dark, sour, small boned, filthy man.
(d) A small boned, angry, crippled man.
4. According to Mrs. Brooker, who was "at Canada?"
(a) Many of her children.
(b) Many of her former boarders.
(c) Many of her husband's relatives.
(d) Many of her aunts and uncles.
5. Who was Mr. Reilly?
(a) One of Orwell's roommate who was war veteran.
(b) One of Orwell's roommates who was a mechanic at the mine.
(c) One of Orwell's colleagues from college.
(d) One of Orwell's friends in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what did Orwell believe our civilization is based?
2. Why did men chew tobacco in the mines?
3. In what positions did Orwell find himself moving through the tunnels in the coal mine?
4. What did Mr. Brooker do while grumbling that it was "women's work?"
5. Where was Orwell's bed in his room at the Brooker's house?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)