|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did each of the permanent lodgers get for their ten shillings a week rent?
(a) A bed in the attic and meals that were mostly bread and butter.
(b) A bedroom, a shared bath, and two meals a day.
(c) An attic room, a toilet, and one meal a day.
(d) A couch in a living area, a shared bath, and one meal a day.
2. What were "cream crackers?"
(a) Fried bread.
(b) Potato chips.
3. What creature did Orwell see a surprising abundance of in the coal mine?
4. What is a snap can?
(a) A lunch can that is strapped onto a belt.
(b) A can of sardines strapped onto a belt for lunch.
(c) A cold can of iced tea.
(d) A can with medical supplies.
5. How many people shared the bedroom in which Orwell slept at the Brookers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was offered a very few of the miners in the better built mines?
2. How did D. H. Lawrence come to Orwell's mind as he rode the train?
3. How did Orwell come to understand the discrepancies in pay for miners?
4. To what man did Orwell compare the coal miner?
5. In a year, how many minors are killed at work?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)