|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "kihii"?
(a) A ceremonial pipe.
(b) An uncircumcised boy.
(c) A sacrificial goat.
(d) A traditional instrument.
2. What animal was slaughtered for the ceremony?
(a) A cow.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A pig.
(d) A goat.
3. Who was the great witch whose magic won him great fame?
(d) Mugo wa Kibiro.
4. What does Joshua call himself after converting to Christianity?
(a) A child of God.
(b) A reborn man.
(c) Pure and clean.
(d) A new creature.
5. For how long has Nyambura noticed a moodiness about Muthoni in Chapter Six?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal makes Waiyaki want to touch their bodies?
2. What event in Joshua's life brought him peace?
3. What kind of tree grows near the edge of the sacred hill?
4. Which of these is not something Muthoni tells Waiyaki she wants?
5. Who reveals Muthoni's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Waiyaki feel on the morning of his second birth ceremony?
2. Describe the sacred place.
3. What are Sundays typically like for Joshua?
4. Describe the festivities of initiation eve.
5. What is Chege's explanation for why antelope run from men?
6. What is the second birth ceremony?
7. What is Muthoni's argument to Nyambura about her desire to be circumcised?
8. Why is Nyambura so upset by Muthoni's confession by the river?
9. What do Waiyaki and his father talk about on their walk to the sacred grove?
10. What does Chege tell Waiyaki he will have to do?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)