|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Chege tell Waiyaki that he is descended?
(c) Mugo wa Kibiro.
2. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
(a) He killed a white man.
(b) He still makes sacrifices to Murungu.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He drinks in secret.
3. What kind of animal does Waiyaki sit next to in the thingira at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
4. What weapon do the two boys use to fight one another?
(a) Only their fists.
5. How did Waiyaki feel the morning of the ceremony in Chapter Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nyambura quote as saying circumcision is sinful?
2. What does Chege tell Waiyaki the bark of a certain tree is good for?
3. Who is sent out to find Muthoni?
4. Who was the great warrior who killed a lion by himself as a young man?
5. What does Joshua call himself after converting to Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nyambura leave the village at the end of Chapter Eight?
2. What is the source of antagonism between the people of the two ridges?
3. What shocking information does Chege tell Waiyaki?
4. What is Joshua's first response when he discovers Muthoni is missing?
5. What is the significance of Kerinyaga?
6. Why is Nyambura so upset by Muthoni's confession by the river?
7. What do Waiyaki and his father talk about on their walk to the sacred grove?
8. What does Chege tell Waiyaki he will have to do?
9. What is Chege's explanation for why antelope run from men?
10. What are Sundays typically like for Joshua?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)