|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what sin of his wife's does Joshua beg God's forgiveness?
(a) Her lack of authority with the people of Makuyu.
(b) Her circumcision.
(c) Her disobedience.
(d) Her failure to give birth to a son.
2. Where does the relative Muthoni thinks will help her live?
(a) In their village.
(b) Kameno ridge.
3. What kind of tree grows near the edge of the sacred hill?
4. Who has Waiyaki tried to talk to but been unable to voice his thoughts?
(b) His mother.
5. What does Waiyaki wish he could hold close to him?
(a) The river.
(b) His sister's spirit.
(c) The moon.
(d) The memory of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Waiyaki feel the morning of the ceremony in Chapter Three?
2. What is Waiyaki called by the people?
3. What is the season of long rains called?
4. Who wishes s/he had been told of Muthoni's illness earlier?
5. What do many Gikuyu people see as a sign of a good teacher?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)