|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sometimes helps Joshua with the Sunday service?
2. What is the name of the river between the ridges?
3. On what does Kinuthia intimate the Gikuyu will have to pay taxes?
(a) Their livestock.
(b) Their land.
(c) Their huts.
(d) Their crops.
4. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
(a) He killed a white man.
(b) He drinks in secret.
(c) He still makes sacrifices to Murungu.
(d) He is very ill.
5. From where did the ancient seer whisper to his son that salvation would come?
(a) Across the ocean.
(b) The hills.
(d) White man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the majority of the houses in the village look like?
2. To what relative does Nyambura suggest Muthoni go to for help?
3. Where is Muthoni taken at the end of Chapter Ten?
4. What event in Joshua's life brought him peace?
5. Who leads the first split within the ridge people?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)