|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVI, XVII and XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Laphams is happiest about the Coreys' dinner invitation?
2. What do Irene Lapham and Tom Corey talk about all evening when Tom visits the Lapham home in Chapter Eleven?
(b) Getting married.
(d) Mineral paints.
3. In Chapter Four, with whom does Silas Lapham sit in the frame of a bay window at the construction site of the family's new Beacon Street house?
(a) Bromfield Corey.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His wife.
(d) Mr. Sewell.
4. On what street is the Lapham family's Boston home located?
(a) Nankeen Square.
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) Rodeo Drive.
(d) Main Street.
5. In their determination not to be the first guests to arrive at the Coreys' dinner party, what do the Laphams end up being?
(a) The last guests to arrive.
(b) The second guests to arrive.
(c) Too anxious and fretful to enjoy themselves at the party.
(d) Half an hour late.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lapham apologizes to Tom Corey at the office after the Coreys' dinner party for his behavior at the party, what does Tom blame for the incident?
2. In Chapter Nine, who suggests inviting the Laphams to dinner?
3. What subject does Persis urgently need to discuss with Silas in Chapter Eighteen?
4. Why does Silas Lapham stay home the day after Bromfield Corey's visit in Chapter Eleven?
5. How many daughters do Silas and Persis Lapham have?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)