|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, with whom does Silas Lapham sit in the frame of a bay window at the construction site of the family's new Beacon Street house?
(a) Mr. Sewell.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His wife.
(d) Bromfield Corey.
2. What business does Persis Lapham tell her husband she thinks Tom Corey will never go into?
(c) Real estate.
(d) The mineral paint business.
3. While conversing with his mother in Chapter Eight, what does Tom Corey tell his mother about Penelope Lapham?
(a) That she's pretty.
(b) That she's smart.
(c) That she's fashionable.
(d) That she's humorous.
4. When Irene Lapham receives a newspaper clipping from Texas, who does she think has sent it to her?
(a) Tom Corey.
(b) Teddy Lindner.
(c) Anna Corey.
(d) Kyle Rohden.
5. What is Anna Corey's reaction when her husband Bromfield tells her their son has decided to join Silas Lapham's paint business?
(a) She faints.
(b) She demands that Tom leave Lapham's employ at once.
(c) She is elated Tom will be doing honest work.
(d) She insists Bromfield should have stopped the boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Irene refuses to join Tom Corey and her family for tea in Chapter Six, what is her mother's reaction?
2. Which relative has Tom Corey consulted in addition to his father about the merits of joining Lapham's mineral paint business?
3. On what street is the Lapham family's Boston home located?
4. Which member of the Corey family is ill when they first meet the Laphams?
5. What kind of business does Silas Lapham buy before his paint business takes off?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)