|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Silas Lapham in Chapter One?
2. When Irene Lapham receives a newspaper clipping from Texas, who does she think has sent it to her?
(a) Kyle Rohden.
(b) Teddy Lindner.
(c) Tom Corey.
(d) Anna Corey.
3. How many daughters do Silas and Persis Lapham have?
4. What physical ailment has Irene developed in Chapter Six?
(a) A headache.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A cold.
5. In Chapter Three, who do Silas and Persis Lapham run into while visiting the construction site of their new home?
(a) Milton Rogers, Lapham's former partner.
(b) Bromfield Corey.
(c) Persis Lapham's aged mother.
(d) Mr. Sewell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna Corey think Tom's marriage to Irene Lapham would be worse than his joining the Lapham paint business?
2. While conversing with his mother in Chapter Eight, what does Tom Corey tell his mother about Penelope Lapham?
3. Where does Tom Corey visit his mother and sisters in Chapter Six?
4. Which of the following statements accurately describes the financial situation of the Lapham family and the Corey family?
5. What kind of business does Silas Lapham buy before his paint business takes off?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)