|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Cows of the Rig Veda : Chapter 2, Sky & Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the instruments for ritual sometimes called?
(a) Storm elements.
(d) Game tools.
2. Who are 'those who eat serpents' most likely to be in "Savitr at Sunset"?
(a) Birds of prey.
(b) Dogs of war.
3. In "The Three Strides of Visnu", the commentator suggests that the ferocious beast is a _____.
4. Which river surrounds heaven and earth in the unknown god myth?
5. The daughter of the sun is the _____ of Soma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sky divided into in "A Spell to Turn Back the Departing Spirit"?
2. The word for heart mind and life-spirit is _____.
3. In later Sanskrit, a wish is a chariot made of _____.
4. What is the name given to the cremation fire?
5. "The Sacrificial Priests" is described as a kind of _____ for priests.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)