|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Cows of the Rig Veda : Chapter 2, Sky & Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Destruction" in the "Burial Hymn"?
(a) The female personification of disorder.
(b) Indra's sister.
(d) The male personification of evil.
2. Who are the sky and earth parents of?
(a) The stars.
(b) The bull.
(c) The sun.
(d) The maruts.
3. Varuna is called the _____ in the "Deeds of Varuna".
(b) Lord of Soma.
(d) Master of Horse.
4. Indra wages battle with _____ as well as weapons.
5. In the hymn, "In Praise of Generosity", fortune is described as _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mother of the Maruts?
2. What did Martanda's name originally mean in "Aditi and the Birth of the Gods"?
3. Who is a kavi?
4. The word for heart mind and life-spirit is _____.
5. The author calls the unknown god the _____.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)