|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Indra, Agni & Soma : Chapter 2, More Agni & Soma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarasvati is the goddess of _____.
2. How many people slaughter the horse of Tvastr during sacrifice?
3. What animal joins the horse in sacrifice?
(a) A goat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A dog.
4. What is the female element in the oblation ritual called?
(a) The sky maker.
(b) The boneless one.
(c) The air taker.
(d) The fourth element.
5. Vena is the seer identified with the _____.
(a) Planet Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Invoker is what type of priest in "The Sacrifice of the Horse"?
2. The Maruts are referred to as _____ in "The Cows in the Cave".
3. Who are Agni's sons?
4. What is the male element of the newborn sun or fire?
5. What did Martanda's name originally mean in "Aditi and the Birth of the Gods"?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)