|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Creation & Death : Chapter 1, Introductions, Creation & Death..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a kavi?
(a) A snake handler.
(b) A guardian or keeper.
(c) A sacrifical martyr.
(d) A poet or a saint.
2. Which word in the Rig Veda means 'to sprinkle'?
3. Vivavsan is a name for the _____.
4. Max Muller dubs the unknown god _____.
(a) Deus Ignotus.
(b) Deus Ex Machina.
(c) Ixus Dominus.
5. What are the four social classes in Indian civilization called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is often identified with the soul?
2. In later Sanskrit, a wish is a chariot made of _____.
3. What is symbolic of primeval chaotic matter, the seed of the creator, and the sacrificial oblation?
4. What did Martanda's name originally mean in "Aditi and the Birth of the Gods"?
5. How many wheels does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)