|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Creation & Death : Chapter 1, Introductions, Creation & Death..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wheels does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
2. What word is often identified with the soul?
3. What is the name of the sacrificial drink pressed from a plant?
4. How many shafts does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
5. Who is "Destruction" in the "Burial Hymn"?
(a) Indra's sister.
(b) The female personification of disorder.
(c) The male personification of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____ are seers as well as poets.
2. What is the path of death referred to, as in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
3. What is the name given to the cremation fire?
4. Which word in the Rig Veda means 'to sprinkle'?
5. What are the four social classes in Indian civilization called?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)