|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Creation & Death : Chapter 1, Introductions, Creation & Death..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vivavsan is a name for the _____.
2. What is the path of death referred to, as in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
(a) The evil way.
(b) The lonely road.
(c) The water trail.
(d) The golden road.
3. What work does the author think the "The Boy and the Chariot" might be the kernel of?
(b) The Bhagavad Gita.
(d) The Pancatantra.
4. How many corners does the earth have in "A Spell to Turn Back the Departing Spirit"?
5. What did Martanda's name originally mean in "Aditi and the Birth of the Gods"?
(a) Keeper of the sun.
(b) Eye of the sky.
(d) Born of an egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hymn "Yama and the Fathers", who is being told to go away from the burning-ground where they live?
2. What is the sky divided into in "A Spell to Turn Back the Departing Spirit"?
3. Which word in the Rig Veda means 'to sprinkle'?
4. What is the inner membrane of the embryo called?
5. Who is a kavi?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)