|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 1, Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are 'those who eat serpents' most likely to be in "Savitr at Sunset"?
(c) Birds of prey.
(d) Dogs of war.
2. In the Atharva Vedic ritual, the Great Naked Woman is treated as a _____.
(a) Cup of Soma.
3. Who invokes the Asvins to help her find her husband?
4. In the hymn, "In Praise of Generosity", fortune is described as _____.
5. Who is said to have found the lost sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mother of the Maruts?
2. The family of sages who praise Dawn in "Dawn and the Asvins" are called _____.
3. The _____ in "Indra and the Monkey" is regarded as the indigenous inhabitant, regarded as demonic.
4. How many of the horse's thirty-six ribs are distributed to the universe in ritual sacrifice?
5. The red streaks in "The Gale Wind" may be the redness in the sky during rain, or the _____ of the wind.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)