|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Rachel?
2. Where does Dinah move to at the beginning of the chapter?
3. How long does it take for Dinah and Benia to be reunited?
4. What happens the night that all the Shechum men are circumcised?
5. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
2. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
3. Why does Dinah call Rebecca's assistants Deborahs?
4. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
5. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
6. What happens to the sisters?
7. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
8. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
9. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
10. What happens to Jacob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Dinah claims her story has been forgotten, Gera is an example of how it lives on. Although Gera's version of the truth is a little skewed, how does this represent what happens when history is written in today's time?
Essay Topic 2
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 3
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)