|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinah name her baby?
2. Upon her return to her father's camp, who is Dinah angry with?
3. What does Meryt become to DInah?
4. What does Dinah's admirer give her?
5. Why is Rebecca disappointed with Dinah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
2. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
3. Why does Dinah call Rebecca's assistants Deborahs?
4. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
5. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
6. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
7. What happens to the sisters?
8. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
9. Who does Dinah become friends with?
10. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 3
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)