|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dinah's pregnancy difficult?
2. Besides being the head of Mamre, what is Rebecca?
3. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
4. What has changed about Issac since Jacob last saw him?
5. What does Jacob do that causes much drama to occur in his camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
2. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
3. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
4. What happens to Jacob?
5. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
6. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
7. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
8. Who does Dinah become friends with?
9. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
10. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Dinah claims her story has been forgotten, Gera is an example of how it lives on. Although Gera's version of the truth is a little skewed, how does this represent what happens when history is written in today's time?
Essay Topic 2
Power and independence are important themes in the novel. How do these apply to different women?
Essay Topic 3
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)