|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Reuben?
2. Why has Benia tracked down Dinah?
3. What does Meryt become to DInah?
4. Who out of Jacob's wives does Rebecca disapprove of?
5. Besides being the head of Mamre, what is Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
2. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
3. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
4. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
5. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
6. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
7. What happens to Jacob?
8. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
9. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
10. What happens to the sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 2
Dinah's mothers are very excited when Dinah is born. This is because women pass on the history of other women. In your opinion, has this changed at all? Does a women's history make it into our collective histories? Why or why not? If not, how can we improve this in our day and time?
Essay Topic 3
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)