|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does DInah continue to feel distant from her son?
2. Why does Re-mose return to Dinah?
3. Why are Jacob's sons against the match?
4. Why does Re-nefer threaten Dinah?
5. What does Meryt become to DInah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
Essay Topic 3
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)