|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the night that all the Shechum men are circumcised?
2. Who is Rebecca furious with?
3. What does Dinah learn about her family when she speaks to Joseph?
4. Why is Rebecca furious?
5. Who's predictions are fulfilled in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
2. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
3. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
4. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
5. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
6. Why does Dinah call Rebecca's assistants Deborahs?
7. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
8. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
9. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
10. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
Essay Topic 2
Joseph and Dinah are very important to their parents in different ways. Compare and contrast their differences. Is Joseph's importance to Jacob the same as Dinah's to her mothers?
Essay Topic 3
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)