|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
2. Upon her return to her father's camp, who is Dinah angry with?
3. Why is Dinah hopeful at the end of the chapter?
4. Who allows DInah to live with them after Re-nefer dies?
5. What is Dinah instructed to do by Leah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
2. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
3. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
4. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
5. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
6. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
7. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
8. What happens to the sisters?
9. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
10. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 3
Power and independence are important themes in the novel. How do these apply to different women?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)