|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Dinah from going back to Shechum?
2. How long does Dinah stay at Mamre?
3. Why is Rebecca furious?
4. What does Dinah dream of after the ritual?
5. What does Dinah name her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
2. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
3. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
4. What happens to the sisters?
5. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
6. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
7. Who does Dinah become friends with?
8. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
9. Why does Dinah take an interest in delivering babies?
10. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
Essay Topic 2
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
Essay Topic 3
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)