|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
2. What happens when Dinah gets her period?
3. What has changed about Issac since Jacob last saw him?
4. Why does Dinah accompany Rachel to Shechum?
5. Why does Dinah now hate the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
2. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
3. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
4. Who does Dinah become friends with?
5. What happens to Jacob?
6. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
7. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
8. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
9. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
10. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 2
Although Dinah claims her story has been forgotten, Gera is an example of how it lives on. Although Gera's version of the truth is a little skewed, how does this represent what happens when history is written in today's time?
Essay Topic 3
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)