|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benia do when Dinah originally refused his attentions?
2. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
3. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
4. Who does DInah call the women who work for Rebecca?
5. What happens to Joseph upon Dinah's departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
2. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
3. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
4. What happens to the sisters?
5. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
6. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
7. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
8. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
9. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
10. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)