|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon her return to her father's camp, who is Dinah angry with?
2. Why does Re-mose return to Dinah?
3. Who is Rebecca furious with?
4. Why does Dinah hate Egypt?
5. Who is sent to retrieve Rebecca from Dinah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
2. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
3. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
4. What happens to Jacob?
5. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
6. What happens to the sisters?
7. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
8. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
9. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
10. Who does Dinah become friends with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
Essay Topic 2
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
Essay Topic 3
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)