|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinah's admirer give her?
2. Why are Jacob's sons against the match?
3. How long does Dinah stay at Mamre?
4. What is Meryt's profession?
5. What does Dinah name her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
2. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
3. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
4. Why does Dinah take an interest in delivering babies?
5. Who does Dinah become friends with?
6. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
7. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
8. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
9. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
10. What happens to Jacob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 2
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 3
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)