|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is a reason that Dinah and her son are kept apart?
2. What happens to Zilpah?
3. What does Dinah begin to take an interest in?
4. What does Dinah's admirer give her?
5. Who is sent to retrieve Rebecca from Dinah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the sisters?
2. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
3. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
4. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
5. Who does Dinah become friends with?
6. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
7. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
8. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
9. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
10. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 2
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 3
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)