|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Re-nefer threaten Dinah?
2. What did Benia do when Dinah originally refused his attentions?
3. What happens when Dinah gets her period?
4. How does Shalem make Dinah his bride?
5. Who allows DInah to live with them after Re-nefer dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
2. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
3. What happens to the sisters?
4. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
5. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
6. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
7. Why does Dinah take an interest in delivering babies?
8. Who does Dinah become friends with?
9. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
10. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 2
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)