|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
2. What does Dinah learn about her family when she speaks to Joseph?
3. What does Jacob do that causes much drama to occur in his camp?
4. How long does Dinah stay at Mamre?
5. Who does Dinah see at Re-mose's celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
2. Why does Dinah take an interest in delivering babies?
3. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
4. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
5. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
6. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
7. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
8. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
9. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
10. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Power and independence are important themes in the novel. How do these apply to different women?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)