|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rebecca furious?
2. Why does Jacob take action against his wives?
3. What does Dinah dream of after the ritual?
4. How long does Dinah stay at Mamre?
5. What is happening physically and mentally to Dinah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
2. Why does Dinah call Rebecca's assistants Deborahs?
3. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
4. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
5. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
6. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
7. What happens to the sisters?
8. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
9. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
10. Why does Dinah take an interest in delivering babies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dinah's mothers are very excited when Dinah is born. This is because women pass on the history of other women. In your opinion, has this changed at all? Does a women's history make it into our collective histories? Why or why not? If not, how can we improve this in our day and time?
Essay Topic 2
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
Essay Topic 3
How would you have written the book? Comment on these points:
1. Do you think you would have strayed far from the Bible's telling of DInah's story?
2. Would you have focused on Dinah's mother's stories or lept straight into telling DInah's story?
3. Would you have expanded more on Dinah's adult life with Benia and Meryt?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)