|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Reuben?
2. Why has Benia tracked down Dinah?
3. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
4. What does DInah do before she leaves her mothers, brothers, and fathers forever?
5. What theme is important to this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
Essay Topic 2
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 3
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)