|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Dinah from going back to Shechum?
2. Who is responsible for Shalem and Dinah uniting?
3. Who's predictions are fulfilled in this chapter?
4. What does Dinah begin to take an interest in?
5. What does Meryt become to DInah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
2. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
3. What happens to the sisters?
4. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
5. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
6. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
7. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
8. What happens to Jacob?
9. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
10. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)