|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is DInah bothered by Re-nefer?
2. What happens the night that all the Shechum men are circumcised?
3. What theme is important to this chapter?
4. Who is murdered in My Story, Chapter 5?
5. Why does Dinah hate Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
2. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
3. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
4. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
5. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
6. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
7. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
8. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
9. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
10. What happens to the sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 2
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 3
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)