|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides being the head of Mamre, what is Rebecca?
2. In this chapter, how does DInah defy her mothers?
3. What happens to Zilpah?
4. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
5. Who stops Dinah from going back to Shechum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
2. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
3. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
4. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
5. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
6. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
7. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
8. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
9. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
10. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
Essay Topic 3
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)