|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the night that all the Shechum men are circumcised?
2. Who does Dinah specifically call out when she returns to her father's people?
3. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
4. Besides being the head of Mamre, what is Rebecca?
5. Why do Egyptians seek out the Cannanite woman named Dinah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
2. Who does Dinah become friends with?
3. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
4. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
5. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
6. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
7. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
8. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
9. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
10. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joseph and Dinah are very important to their parents in different ways. Compare and contrast their differences. Is Joseph's importance to Jacob the same as Dinah's to her mothers?
Essay Topic 2
Although Dinah claims her story has been forgotten, Gera is an example of how it lives on. Although Gera's version of the truth is a little skewed, how does this represent what happens when history is written in today's time?
Essay Topic 3
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)