|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who out of Jacob's wives does Rebecca disapprove of?
2. What theme is important to this chapter?
3. Why do Egyptians seek out the Cannanite woman named Dinah?
4. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
5. What does Jacob do that causes much drama to occur in his camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
2. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
3. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
4. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
5. What happens to the sisters?
6. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
7. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
8. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
9. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
10. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 2
Joseph and Dinah are very important to their parents in different ways. Compare and contrast their differences. Is Joseph's importance to Jacob the same as Dinah's to her mothers?
Essay Topic 3
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)