|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dinah meet in the marketplace?
2. In this chapter, how does DInah defy her mothers?
3. What happens when Dinah gets her period?
4. What is Dinah instructed to do by Leah?
5. Why is Dinah unhappy after the birth of her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
2. Why does Dinah take an interest in delivering babies?
3. Who does Dinah become friends with?
4. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
5. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
6. What happens to Jacob?
7. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
8. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
9. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
10. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
Essay Topic 2
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 3
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)