|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinah's admirer give her?
2. What does Dinah begin to take an interest in?
3. Why does Dinah hate Rebecca?
4. What happens to Reuben?
5. What becomes of Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
2. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
3. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
4. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
5. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
6. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
7. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
8. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
9. What happens to the sisters?
10. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
Essay Topic 2
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)