|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is DInah bothered by Re-nefer?
2. Where does Dinah go to deliver the baby?
3. What happens to Joseph upon Dinah's departure?
4. Who out of Jacob's wives does Rebecca disapprove of?
5. Why is Dinah hopeful at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
2. Who does Dinah become friends with?
3. Why does Dinah call Rebecca's assistants Deborahs?
4. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
5. What does Dinah become in Egypt, Chapter 3?
6. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
7. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
8. What happens to the sisters?
9. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
10. Why is Dinah confused by her feelings for Benia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 2
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 3
Although Dinah claims her story has been forgotten, Gera is an example of how it lives on. Although Gera's version of the truth is a little skewed, how does this represent what happens when history is written in today's time?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)