|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Jacob beaten and naked by the water?
2. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
3. Who saves Ruti?
4. What is Jacob's homeland?
5. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
2. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
3. What theme is prevalent in this section?
4. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
5. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
6. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
7. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
8. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
9. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
10. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 3
Dinah's mothers are very excited when Dinah is born. This is because women pass on the history of other women. In your opinion, has this changed at all? Does a women's history make it into our collective histories? Why or why not? If not, how can we improve this in our day and time?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)