|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
2. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
3. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
4. How long must the camp stay near the river?
5. Who is the only son of Jacob that does not marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leah trick Jacob?
2. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
3. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
4. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
5. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
6. What theme is prevalent in this section?
7. How does Laban's life change after Jacob arrives at his camp?
8. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
9. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
10. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 2
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
Essay Topic 3
How would you have written the book? Comment on these points:
1. Do you think you would have strayed far from the Bible's telling of DInah's story?
2. Would you have focused on Dinah's mother's stories or lept straight into telling DInah's story?
3. Would you have expanded more on Dinah's adult life with Benia and Meryt?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)