|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
2. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
3. Why are many people scared of Leah?
4. Why is Dinah excited to meet Tabea?
5. Why does Bilhah ask if she may have a child for Rachel in Rachel's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
2. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
3. What is evident about Leah's character from the beginning of the book?
4. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
5. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
6. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
7. How does Leah trick Jacob?
8. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
9. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
10. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 2
Power and independence are important themes in the novel. How do these apply to different women?
Essay Topic 3
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)