|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is created by women telling their own stories?
2. How do the children find Ruti?
3. What is the red tent?
4. Which sister does Jacob wish to marry?
5. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
2. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
3. What theme is prevalent in this section?
4. Who actually steals the idols?
5. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
6. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
7. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
8. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
9. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
10. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)