|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a son of Leah?
2. How many wives does Jacob now have?
3. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
4. Who is Dinah's mother?
5. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
2. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
3. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
4. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
5. How does the story begin?
6. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
7. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
8. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
9. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
10. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
Essay Topic 2
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)