|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this chapter important?
2. What important theme was introduced/further discussed in this chapter?
3. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
4. Who are the only men to enter into the Red Tent?
5. What do the sisters decide to steal from Laban?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
2. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
3. Who actually steals the idols?
4. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
5. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
6. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
7. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
8. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
9. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
10. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
Essay Topic 2
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 3
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)