|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister actually steals from Laban?
2. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
3. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
4. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
5. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
2. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
3. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
4. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
5. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
6. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
7. How does Leah trick Jacob?
8. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
9. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
10. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 2
Rachel and Leah are the two most important women in Dinah's life.
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Leah and Rachel.
2. How is their relationship so unique?
3. Does Dinah favor Rachel over her birth mother?
4. How does Rachel's place in Jacob's heart affect the relationship of Leah and Jacob?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)