|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Zilpah predict Leah will have?
2. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
3. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
4. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
5. Who is Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
2. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
3. How does the story begin?
4. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
5. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
6. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
7. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
8. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
9. What theme is prevalent in this section?
10. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 2
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)