|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children find Ruti?
2. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
3. Why are many people scared of Leah?
4. Who is Leah's best friend?
5. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
2. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
3. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
4. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
5. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
6. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
7. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
8. How does Leah trick Jacob?
9. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
10. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 2
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 3
How would you have written the book? Comment on these points:
1. Do you think you would have strayed far from the Bible's telling of DInah's story?
2. Would you have focused on Dinah's mother's stories or lept straight into telling DInah's story?
3. Would you have expanded more on Dinah's adult life with Benia and Meryt?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)