Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
2. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
3. Who is Leah's best friend?
4. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
5. What god does Rachel pray to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
2. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
3. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
4. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
5. How does Benia react when he learns about Dinah's past?
6. Who interests Dinah on her visit to Joseph?
7. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
8. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
9. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
10. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
Essay Topic 1
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 2
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)