|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
2. Why does Bilhah ask if she may have a child for Rachel in Rachel's name?
3. How many wives does Jacob now have?
4. How are women's stories told?
5. Why does Laban feel helpless?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
2. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
3. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
4. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
5. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
6. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
7. Why does Dinah decide to move with Meryt?
8. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
9. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
10. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
Essay Topic 1
Dinah's mothers are very excited when Dinah is born. This is because women pass on the history of other women. In your opinion, has this changed at all? Does a women's history make it into our collective histories? Why or why not? If not, how can we improve this in our day and time?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)