|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
2. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
3. How long must the camp stay near the river?
4. Who is Jacob's first wife?
5. How are women's stories told?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
2. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
3. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
4. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
5. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
6. What theme is prevalent in this section?
7. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
8. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
9. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
10. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joseph and Dinah are very important to their parents in different ways. Compare and contrast their differences. Is Joseph's importance to Jacob the same as Dinah's to her mothers?
Essay Topic 2
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 3
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)