|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
2. Who is Leah's best friend?
3. Why is this chapter important?
4. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
5. How many children does Zilpah predict Leah will have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story begin?
2. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
3. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
4. How does Leah trick Jacob?
5. What is evident about Leah's character from the beginning of the book?
6. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
7. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
8. How does Laban's life change after Jacob arrives at his camp?
9. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
10. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 3
How would you have written the book? Comment on these points:
1. Do you think you would have strayed far from the Bible's telling of DInah's story?
2. Would you have focused on Dinah's mother's stories or lept straight into telling DInah's story?
3. Would you have expanded more on Dinah's adult life with Benia and Meryt?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)