|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the local midwife?
2. Who is sent to welcome the camp to Rebecca's home?
3. What is Jacob's homeland?
4. In the book, what mystifies men?
5. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
2. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
3. How does Leah trick Jacob?
4. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
5. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
6. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
7. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
8. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
9. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
10. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
Essay Topic 3
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)