|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dinah's writing style?
2. Who is the father of Leah, Bilhah, Zilphah, and Rachel?
3. Why does Laban feel helpless?
4. How do Rachel and Leah begin to define their relationship at the end of Chapter 2?
5. In the book, what mystifies men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
2. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
3. How long does Re-mose stay with Dinah?
4. What happens to Werenro at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What happens to the sisters?
6. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
7. What theme is prevalent in this section?
8. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
9. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
10. Who actually steals the idols?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, women are allowed to assert their own sexual agency, thus allowing this to become a main theme in the book. Cite three examples of this in the book. Explain how and why the women of the Red Tent are allowed to explore and assert their own sexual agency.
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)