Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
2. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
3. Who is Leah's best friend?
4. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
5. What god does Rachel pray to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
2. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
3. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
4. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
5. How does Benia react when he learns about Dinah's past?
6. Who interests Dinah on her visit to Joseph?
7. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
8. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
9. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
10. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
Essay Topic 1
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
Essay Topic 2
How would you have written the book? Comment on these points:
1. Do you think you would have strayed far from the Bible's telling of DInah's story?
2. Would you have focused on Dinah's mother's stories or lept straight into telling DInah's story?
3. Would you have expanded more on Dinah's adult life with Benia and Meryt?
Essay Topic 3
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)