|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children find Ruti?
2. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
3. Why does Laban feel helpless?
4. Which is not a son of Leah?
5. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
2. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
3. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
4. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
5. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
6. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
7. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
8. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
9. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
10. How does the story begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)