|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Jacob beaten and naked by the water?
2. Who is the author of the book?
3. Where do both families agree to meet?
4. Which sister is the most excited to leave Laban?
5. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
2. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
3. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
4. What is evident about Leah's character from the beginning of the book?
5. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
6. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
7. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
8. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
9. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
10. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 2
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)