|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else is Jacob allowed to take with him?
2. Who saves Ruti?
3. What does Inna declare Dinah to be?
4. What do Dinah and Jacob find near the lake?
5. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
2. How does Laban's life change after Jacob arrives at his camp?
3. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
4. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
5. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
6. How does Leah trick Jacob?
7. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
8. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
9. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
10. How does the story begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 3
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)