|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
2. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
3. What is bride price?
4. What important theme was introduced/further discussed in this chapter?
5. Who is Rebecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
2. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
3. What is evident about Leah's character from the beginning of the book?
4. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
5. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
6. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
7. How does Leah trick Jacob?
8. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
9. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
10. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dinah's bond with Re-mose is not the typical mother-son bond that many people have. She attempts to create a relationship with her son but is torn from him. Do you think the situation would have been different if Re-mose would have been born a girl? Would he have been important to Re-nefer?
Essay Topic 2
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 3
1. Do you think it was difficult for Rachel and Leah to define their relationship have competing wives for their husband? How is this awkward? How is it helpful? Were Rachel and Leah ever close before they both wed Jacob?
2. How do you think Jacob defines his relationships with his wives? Do you think he compares them or appreciates them as individuals?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)