|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
2. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
3. Why is this chapter important?
4. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
5. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
2. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
3. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
4. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
5. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
6. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
7. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
8. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
9. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
10. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
Essay Topic 2
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 3
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)