|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is created by women telling their own stories?
2. Who is the local midwife?
3. How are women's stories told?
4. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
5. Which sister does Jacob wish to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
2. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
3. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
4. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
5. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
6. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
7. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
8. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
9. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
10. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)