|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
2. Who is sent to welcome the camp to Rebecca's home?
3. Who is the local midwife?
4. What is bride price?
5. How many wives does Jacob now have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
2. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
3. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
4. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
5. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
6. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
7. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
8. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
9. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
10. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the book would have been different if it were written by Gera, Dinah's younger relative? How would the point of view change? Would Dinah's story still be as truthful? Would Gera's relationship to Dinah need to be explained?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 3
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)