|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laban feel helpless?
2. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
3. What is the red tent?
4. Where does Dinah spend most of her time before she gets her period?
5. What is Rebecca's home called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
2. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
3. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
4. What does Jacob do once he has learned about the ceremony?
5. What theme is prevalent in this section?
6. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
7. How does Benia react when he learns about Dinah's past?
8. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
9. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
10. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
Essay Topic 2
Which theme did you think was the most important in the book? Explain why this theme remained prevalent as you read the book.
Essay Topic 3
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)