|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
2. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
3. Who is Leah's best friend?
4. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
5. What god does Rachel pray to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
2. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
3. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
4. Why does Re-mose become so angry?
5. How does Benia react when he learns about Dinah's past?
6. Who interests Dinah on her visit to Joseph?
7. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
8. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
9. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
10. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
Essay Topic 1
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
Essay Topic 2
How would you have written the book? Comment on these points:
1. Do you think you would have strayed far from the Bible's telling of DInah's story?
2. Would you have focused on Dinah's mother's stories or lept straight into telling DInah's story?
3. Would you have expanded more on Dinah's adult life with Benia and Meryt?
Essay Topic 3
Pick out a character you can relate to in the book except for Dinah. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if he/she was in your situation? If you were in his/hers?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)