|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Leah, Bilhah, Zilphah, and Rachel?
2. Who is the local midwife?
3. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
4. Why is this chapter important?
5. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
2. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
3. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
4. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
5. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
6. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
7. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
8. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
9. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
10. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
Essay Topic 2
Joseph and Dinah are very important to their parents in different ways. Compare and contrast their differences. Is Joseph's importance to Jacob the same as Dinah's to her mothers?
Essay Topic 3
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)