|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long must the camp stay near the river?
2. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
3. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
4. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
5. Who are the only men to enter into the Red Tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
2. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
3. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
4. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
5. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
6. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
7. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
8. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
9. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
10. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
Essay Topic 2
Although Dinah claims her story has been forgotten, Gera is an example of how it lives on. Although Gera's version of the truth is a little skewed, how does this represent what happens when history is written in today's time?
Essay Topic 3
Joseph and Dinah are very important to their parents in different ways. Compare and contrast their differences. Is Joseph's importance to Jacob the same as Dinah's to her mothers?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)