|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Dinah and Jacob to look for Ruti?
2. Why does Jacob want to leave Laban's land?
3. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
4. What is Rebecca's home called?
5. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
2. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
3. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
4. What theme is prevalent in this section?
5. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
6. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
7. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
8. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
9. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
10. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Give three examples of how the women of the Red Tent exert their own sexual agency. Explain how they exert it in the book.
2. Give two examples of how women are stopped from exerting their own sexual agency.
Essay Topic 2
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
Essay Topic 3
If you could be a character in the story, how would you intervene or change the course of events? Which section would you choose and why?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)