|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this chapter important?
2. Why are many people scared of Leah?
3. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
4. What does Rachel name her son?
5. Why does Jacob hate Laban?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
2. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
3. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
4. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
5. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
6. Who comes to collect Dinah from Rebecca?
7. What happens to Jacob?
8. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
9. Why does Leah decide to have her final baby?
10. Who does Dinah become friends with?
Essay Topic 1
Imagine that you are Dinah. How would you have reacted to the slaughter of Shalem and the other men of Shechem? Would you have reacted more violently towards your family?
Essay Topic 2
How do the relationships of the sisters affect Dinah's interactions with other women? Does Dinah ever wish she had a sister or someone her own age to share her stories with?
Essay Topic 3
The Red Tent is not only the title of the book, but a special place to Dinah and her mothers.
1. What makes the Red Tent so special?
2. What does the Red Tent symbolize?
3. Why are men never allowed in the Red Tent? Is their hesitation voluntary or mandatory?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)