|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book?
2. How many wives does Jacob now have?
3. Who is the father of Leah, Bilhah, Zilphah, and Rachel?
4. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
5. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Re-mose decide to visit his mother?
2. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
3. Who interests Dinah on her visit to Joseph?
4. Why do Shalem and his father agree to have the men of Shechem circumcised?
5. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
6. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
7. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
8. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
9. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
10. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
Essay Topic 1
DInah's life without her mothers drastically changes. How do you think your life might change if your mother was not present. What if you had never had contact with your mother and suddenly she was present?
Essay Topic 2
The men of the book are mentioned as ways forces that shape the women of the book's lives. They are definitely secondary characters. How do the men shape and carve out a story for Dinah and her mothers? Explain how the following men affect the women:
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between Dinah's relationship with Benia and her relationship with Shalem? What you label these two relationships? Why?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)