|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Rachel take up?
(d) laundry washer
2. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
(a) She does not want to leave the place where her son was born
(b) She feels she cannot complete the journey
(c) She is afraid something will happen to Jacob
(d) She will miss her father
3. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
(b) Once he is in the Red Tent
(c) Will he fall and embarrass himself
(d) When he confronts Jacob
4. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
(a) Three days
(b) Two weeks
(c) Seven days
(d) Ten days
5. Why must Jacob's clan wait to follow Esau?
(a) Esau does not wish to be embarassed by his brother
(b) Rachel is sick so they wait until she has recovered
(c) They do not wish to overwhelm Rebecca with too many visitors
(d) Esau's great wealth will make Jacob look bad
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
2. How are Esau's wives different from Jacob's?
3. What god does Rachel pray to?
4. How are women's stories told?
5. What else is Jacob allowed to take with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
2. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
3. How does Laban's life change after Jacob arrives at his camp?
4. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
5. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
6. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
7. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
8. Why is Jacob happy when Rachel births Joseph?
9. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
10. How does the story begin?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)