|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
2. Why is this chapter important?
(a) The red tent burns
(b) Dinah begins her story
(c) Sexuality is further discussed
(d) The sisters show mercy to Ruti
3. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
(a) She thrusts herself onto Jacob
(b) She expertments with her sexuality
(c) She refuses to have sex with Jacob again
(d) She attempts to sleep with other men in Jacob's camp
4. Who saves Ruti?
5. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
(b) They do not approve of Jacob.
(c) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(d) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
2. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
3. Why does Leah decide to have another baby?
4. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
5. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
2. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
3. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
4. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
5. Why is Leah sad in My Mother's Stories, Chapter 2?
6. How does the story begin?
7. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
8. What theme is prevalent in this section?
9. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
10. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)