|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
(a) He embraces his brother
(b) He punches his brother
(c) He shakes hands with his brother
(d) He ignores his brother
2. Why does Jacob hate Laban?
(a) Laban alienates those around him
(b) Laban abuses Ruti
(c) Laban tried to steal from Jacob
(d) Laban is lazy and cruel.
3. Why are the women happy to accept Inna into their camp?
(a) She is very rich
(b) She is a good babysitter
(c) She is very kind
(d) She is a skilled midwife and healer
4. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
5. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
(a) He would like to apologize to Jacob
(b) He misses his daughters
(c) Because his idols were stolen
(d) He regrets letting Jacob leave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only son of Jacob that does not marry?
2. What do the sisters decide to steal from Laban?
3. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
4. How do Rachel and Leah begin to define their relationship at the end of Chapter 2?
5. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
2. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
3. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
4. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
5. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
6. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
7. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
8. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
9. Who actually steals the idols?
10. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)