|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children find Ruti?
2. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They do not approve of Jacob.
(b) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(c) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(d) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
3. Who saves Ruti?
4. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
(a) They want another girl to share in chores
(b) They want a girl to pamper and dress up
(c) They now have someone to pass on their stories.
(d) They know Jacob will be thrilled to have a daughter.
5. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
2. What does Rachel name her son?
3. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
4. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
5. What is the red tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
2. How does Dinah feel when she sees Ruti's dead body?
3. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
4. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
5. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
6. What is evident about Leah's character from the beginning of the book?
7. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
8. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
9. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
10. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)