|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do both families agree to meet?
2. How are women's stories told?
(a) Women's husbands write their stories down
(b) They are whispered from woman to woman
(c) They are written down and passed on
(d) Women's sons write their stories down
3. What is Dinah's writing style?
(a) Happy that we are listening to her story
(c) Angry and sad
4. Who is the father of Leah, Bilhah, Zilphah, and Rachel?
5. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
(a) He sells her into slavery
(b) He beats her up
(c) He impregnates her
(d) He gives her jewels and presents
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Rachel take up?
2. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
3. What does Rachel name her son?
4. How many wives does Jacob now have?
5. Who is Jacob's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is evident about Leah's character from the beginning of the book?
2. Who actually steals the idols?
3. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
4. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
5. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
6. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
7. Which sister is the most excited to leave?
8. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
9. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
10. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)