|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
(a) The Bible
(b) Spirits Book
(c) Kebra Negast
(d) The Koran
2. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
3. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
(a) He dreams of his homeland Canaan
(b) Dreams of his brother, Esau
(c) Dreams of his beloved mother, Rebecca
(d) He dreams of Rachel who cannot have babies
4. How are women's stories told?
(a) They are whispered from woman to woman
(b) Women's husbands write their stories down
(c) Women's sons write their stories down
(d) They are written down and passed on
5. What else is Jacob allowed to take with him?
(a) All of Leah and Rachel's possessions
(b) All of Jacob's sons' belongings
(c) Zilpah and Bilhah's clothing and jewelry
(d) All of the above
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the women happy to accept Inna into their camp?
2. In the book, what mystifies men?
3. What important theme was introduced/further discussed in this chapter?
4. What does Dinah realize about her father in this chapter?
5. Why is this chapter important?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
2. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
3. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
4. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
5. Why does Rachel have to wait to marry Jacob?
6. Who actually steals the idols?
7. How does the story begin?
8. Is the story of Dinah very long? How was she mentioned?
9. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
10. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)