|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob hate Laban?
(a) Laban alienates those around him
(b) Laban is lazy and cruel.
(c) Laban abuses Ruti
(d) Laban tried to steal from Jacob
2. What is the red tent?
(a) This is where the sisters go during their menstrual cycle.
(b) Where weddings take place.
(c) This is where women go to shop for food.
(d) A special tent where Jacob sleeps.
3. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
(a) A woman's history
4. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
(a) She attempts to sleep with other men in Jacob's camp
(b) She expertments with her sexuality
(c) She refuses to have sex with Jacob again
(d) She thrusts herself onto Jacob
5. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
2. What does Laban allow Jacob to take?
3. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
4. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
5. In the book, what mystifies men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme is introduced in this chapter, My Mother's Stories?
2. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
3. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
4. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
5. Why are all of the sisters happy that DInah is born?
6. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
7. Why does Jacob choose Rachel to be his wife?
8. Why do the sisters plot to take away Laban's gods?
9. How does the story begin?
10. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)