|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
(a) Fathers want girl children to sell for their bride price
(b) Women want to dress their daughters like them
(c) Because a girl can carry on other women's stories
(d) Women dislike having boy children
2. What is Dinah's writing style?
(c) Happy that we are listening to her story
(d) Angry and sad
3. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
(a) They fish in the local pond
(b) They play card games.
(c) They tell each other stories of their mothers and father
(d) They annoy their older brothers
4. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Salman Rushdie
(b) Alice Diamant
(c) Anita Shreve
(d) Anita Diamant
5. Which is not a son of Leah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
2. Why is this chapter important?
3. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
4. What is bride price?
5. What does Inna declare Dinah to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
2. Why does Zilpah convince Rachel to not marry Jacob?
3. What theme is prevalent in this section?
4. What do Dinah and Joseph see at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
5. Is there violence when Esau and Jacob meet again?
6. Why is Dinah so excited to meet Tabea?
7. Why is DInah taken with Werenro?
8. Who does Dinah spend a lot of time with in her childhood?
9. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
10. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)