|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Zilpah predict Leah will have?
2. Why does Zilpah decide never to sleep with Jacob again?
(a) Zilpah does not enjoy intimate acts
(b) Zilpah does not wish to sleep with someone who does not love her.
(c) She has a hard time giving birth to her children
(d) She is disgusted by Jacob
3. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
(a) She has discovered the mother's written story
(b) She gives them a voice by telling Dinah's story
(c) She has the mothers tell their stories
(d) She has the mother's sons tell the story
4. Why must Jacob's clan wait to follow Esau?
(a) Rachel is sick so they wait until she has recovered
(b) They do not wish to overwhelm Rebecca with too many visitors
(c) Esau's great wealth will make Jacob look bad
(d) Esau does not wish to be embarassed by his brother
5. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) Will he fall and embarrass himself
(b) Once he is in the Red Tent
(c) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
(d) When he confronts Jacob
Short Answer Questions
1. How are women's stories told?
2. Why are the women happy to accept Inna into their camp?
3. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
4. Which sister actually steals from Laban?
5. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another reason for Dinah's anger?
2. Why does DInah become jealous of her own father?
3. Why can't Esau and Jacob travel together?
4. What theme is prevalent in this section?
5. Rachel is mad that she is not Jacob's wife, but why else is she mad?
6. What happens to Jacob at the end of My Story, Chapter 3?
7. What happens after Laban enters the Red Tent?
8. Why do the sisters decide to help Ruti?
9. How do Laban and Jacob mark out their territories?
10. What happens to Ruti in My Story, Chapter 1?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)