|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Egyptians seek out the Cannanite woman named Dinah?
(a) They know she is the reason Shechum was destroyed
(b) They hear of her midwife expertise
(c) Dinah is very beautiful
(d) They learn she is the mother of Re-mose
2. Why does Dinah hate Egypt?
(a) Because it is foreign to her
(b) Re-nefer brought her there without her consent.
(c) Because she wants to stay in Shechum
(d) Egyptian people are very rude to her
3. What does Dinah dream of after the ritual?
(a) a big black animal in water
(b) a cat
(c) a boar
(d) a fish
4. Why does Re-nefer threaten Dinah?
(a) Dinah speaks badly about Re-nefer to Meryt
(b) Dinah defies Re-nefer
(c) Dinah attempts to run away with her baby
(d) Because Dinah calls her baby by his birth name
5. Who is Rebecca furious with?
6. Why does Dinah accompany Rachel to Shechum?
(a) She is assisting with the delivery of a baby
(b) Dinah wants to buy a new dress
(c) Jacob insists Dinah
(d) Dinah needs to get a present for Leah
7. Where does Dinah move to at the beginning of the chapter?
(d) Valley of the Kings
8. Why does DInah continue to feel distant from her son?
(a) Re-nefer has forced them apart by telling Re-mose bad things about his mother
(b) She feels ashamed to be his mother
(c) He pretends that he does not know her
(d) He has gone away to school
9. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
(a) They request that a new palace be built for Dinah's family
(b) They request to live in the palace
(c) They demand that all the men get circumcised
(d) They demand part of the citizens' tax money
10. Who is sent to retrieve Rebecca from Dinah?
11. Who does DInah call the women who work for Rebecca?
(a) The Elizabeths
(b) The Werenros
(c) The Deborahs
(d) The Rebeccas
12. How does Shalem make Dinah his bride?
(a) He sleeps with her
(b) He asks her father for her hand in marriage
(c) He proposed marriage to her
(d) He carries her to the altar against her will
13. What does Meryt become to DInah?
(a) An assistant
(b) A sister
(c) A lady's maid
(d) A mother-like figure
14. What happens to Joseph upon Dinah's departure?
(a) Jospeh dies
(b) Joseph runs away
(c) Joseph betrays Jacob
(d) Levi and Simon sell Joseph into slavery
15. Who is responsible for Shalem and Dinah uniting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon her return to her father's camp, who is Dinah angry with?
2. Why does Dinah go back to the palace after the baby is delivered?
3. What has changed about Issac since Jacob last saw him?
4. What does this chapter reveal about Re-mose?
5. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)