|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
(a) They demand part of the citizens' tax money
(b) They demand that all the men get circumcised
(c) They request that a new palace be built for Dinah's family
(d) They request to live in the palace
2. Why is Rebecca disappointed with Dinah?
(a) Dinah is not the heir to Mamra
(b) Dinah is foolish
(c) Dinah judges other too easliy
(d) Dinah constantly enbarasses Rebecca
3. Why is Rebecca disappointed with herself at the beginning of My Story, Chapter 5?
(a) She sprains her ankle
(b) She has a scrape on her face
(c) She is wearing an ugly frock
(d) She breaks her her
4. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
(a) She hopes Dinah is pregnant
(b) She loves Dinah as a daughter-in-law
(c) She wants Dinah to repay her for her kindness
(d) She wants to torture Dinah for the pain her family has caused
5. What does this chapter reveal about Re-mose?
(a) He is envious of Zafenat Paneh-ah
(b) He wishes to avenge his father
(c) He is very self centered
(d) He actually loves his mother
6. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
(a) Sexual agency
(b) Young love
7. Which is a reason that Dinah and her son are kept apart?
(a) She is a lowly midwife and he is an educated prince
(b) Dinah moves away while he is a baby
(c) Dinah's son does not know who his birth mother is
(d) Re-nefer refuses to let them spend any time together
8. Who is happy with the match?
9. What does Dinah learn about her family when she speaks to Joseph?
(a) Joseph does not know what happened to the family
(b) Joseph wishes to forget the family also
(c) All of Dinah's mothers have died
(d) Jacob is still alive and his clan is still traveling
10. What is happening physically and mentally to Dinah?
(a) She feels very emotional
(b) She is acting childish
(c) She is angered by everyone around her
(d) She is becoming a woman
11. Who is Rebecca furious with?
12. Why does Dinah accompany Rachel to Shechum?
(a) Dinah wants to buy a new dress
(b) Jacob insists Dinah
(c) She is assisting with the delivery of a baby
(d) Dinah needs to get a present for Leah
13. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
(a) They do not want DInah to be perceived as a virgin
(b) They wish to take the pain away from Dinah's first sexual expereince
(c) They do not break her hymen
(d) They believe it should be given to the earth and not a man
14. Why do Egyptians seek out the Cannanite woman named Dinah?
(a) They learn she is the mother of Re-mose
(b) They know she is the reason Shechum was destroyed
(c) They hear of her midwife expertise
(d) Dinah is very beautiful
15. Why is Dinah unhappy after the birth of her baby?
(a) The child is disfigured
(b) She is told she is no longer the mother of her child
(c) She has postpartum depression
(d) She wishes Shalem was there
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Leah angry with Shalem?
2. What does Dinah name her baby?
3. Who allows DInah to live with them after Re-nefer dies?
4. Why is Dinah's pregnancy difficult?
5. Who does DInah call the women who work for Rebecca?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)