|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Egyptians seek out the Cannanite woman named Dinah?
(a) They hear of her midwife expertise
(b) Dinah is very beautiful
(c) They learn she is the mother of Re-mose
(d) They know she is the reason Shechum was destroyed
2. Who out of Jacob's wives does Rebecca disapprove of?
3. In this chapter, how does DInah defy her mothers?
(a) She does not come to their aid when they are sick
(b) She cuts off all contact with them
(c) She refuses to pass on the ways of Mamre
(d) She curses the ways of Mamre
4. What becomes of Bilhah?
(a) She dies in childbirth
(b) She disappears
(c) She falls in love with Simon
(d) She stays with Jacob until he dies
5. Why does Dinah accompany Rachel to Shechum?
(a) She is assisting with the delivery of a baby
(b) Jacob insists Dinah
(c) Dinah wants to buy a new dress
(d) Dinah needs to get a present for Leah
6. What did Benia do when Dinah originally refused his attentions?
(a) He married a young slave girl
(b) He traveled abroad
(c) Benia focused on his carpentrey
(d) He remained unmarried
7. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
(a) Sexual agency
(c) Young love
8. Where does Re-mose go to school?
9. Who's predictions are fulfilled in this chapter?
10. Why does Re-mose threaten Zafenat Paneh-ah?
(a) Zafenat Paneh-ah has offended Re-mose's mother
(b) He is angry that Zafenat Paneh-ah's family took away his future
(c) Re-mose does not get a promotion he was promised.
(d) Zafenat Paneh-ah punishes Re-mose for defying him
11. Who is happy with the match?
12. Where does Dinah go to deliver the baby?
13. What happens to Joseph upon Dinah's departure?
(a) Jospeh dies
(b) Joseph runs away
(c) Levi and Simon sell Joseph into slavery
(d) Joseph betrays Jacob
14. What happens when Dinah gets her period?
(a) She is taken out into seclusion
(b) Dinah gets married
(c) She is taken to the Red Tent
(d) Her mothers are sad their daughter is growing up
15. What does Meryt become to DInah?
(a) A sister
(b) An assistant
(c) A lady's maid
(d) A mother-like figure
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Re-mose return to Dinah?
2. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
3. What does DInah do before she leaves her mothers, brothers, and fathers forever?
4. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
5. Why is Dinah hopeful at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)