|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for Shalem and Dinah uniting?
2. Why does Dinah go back to the palace after the baby is delivered?
(a) She wishes to see Shalem again
(b) She is asked to become Ashnan's lady's maid
(c) Dinah wants to request an audience with Re-nefer
(d) Rachel left her tools and needs Dinah to fetch them
3. What is Meryt's profession?
(a) lady's maid
(c) clothes washer
4. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
(a) They wish to take the pain away from Dinah's first sexual expereince
(b) They do not want DInah to be perceived as a virgin
(c) They do not break her hymen
(d) They believe it should be given to the earth and not a man
5. What does this chapter reveal about Re-mose?
(a) He wishes to avenge his father
(b) He actually loves his mother
(c) He is envious of Zafenat Paneh-ah
(d) He is very self centered
6. What does Dinah learn about her family when she speaks to Joseph?
(a) All of Dinah's mothers have died
(b) Joseph does not know what happened to the family
(c) Jacob is still alive and his clan is still traveling
(d) Joseph wishes to forget the family also
7. Why does Dinah hate Egypt?
(a) Because she wants to stay in Shechum
(b) Egyptian people are very rude to her
(c) Because it is foreign to her
(d) Re-nefer brought her there without her consent.
8. Why is Rebecca furious?
(a) Tabea did not spend time in the Red Tent during her period.
(b) Bilhah cries all the time
(c) Jacob has spent too much time away from his mother.
(d) Rachel is very vain.
9. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
(a) She hopes Dinah is pregnant
(b) She wants to torture Dinah for the pain her family has caused
(c) She wants Dinah to repay her for her kindness
(d) She loves Dinah as a daughter-in-law
10. What does Dinah dream of after the ritual?
(a) a cat
(b) a boar
(c) a fish
(d) a big black animal in water
11. Who stops Dinah from going back to Shechum?
(a) Joseph begs Dinah to stay
(b) Dinah's mothers
(c) Levi and Simon threaten to kill her if she leaves
(d) Her father forbids her to return
12. Who is murdered in My Story, Chapter 5?
13. What theme is important to this chapter?
(a) Young developing love
(b) Women's changing bodies
(d) Women expressing sexual agency
14. What happens to Zilpah?
(a) She dies in childbirth
(b) She dies of fever
(c) She leaves the camp to wonder by herself
(d) She becomes a great oracle
15. Besides being the head of Mamre, what is Rebecca?
(a) a mastermind
(b) a midwife
(c) a seer
(d) a healer and oracle
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rebecca disappointed with Dinah?
2. What happens the night that all the Shechum men are circumcised?
3. What happens to Joseph upon Dinah's departure?
4. Why is Leah angry with Shalem?
5. What is happening physically and mentally to Dinah?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)