|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon her return to her father's camp, who is Dinah angry with?
2. Who is responsible for Shalem and Dinah uniting?
3. Who is murdered in My Story, Chapter 5?
4. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
(a) She hopes Dinah is pregnant
(b) She wants to torture Dinah for the pain her family has caused
(c) She loves Dinah as a daughter-in-law
(d) She wants Dinah to repay her for her kindness
5. Why does Re-mose return to Dinah?
(a) Re-mose wants to know who his father is
(b) His mentor, Zafenat Paneh-ah, wants her to deliver his wife's babies
(c) He is grieving over Re-nefer
(d) He wishes to get to know his mother
6. Where does Dinah move to at the beginning of the chapter?
(d) Valley of the Kings
7. Which is a reason that Dinah and her son are kept apart?
(a) Re-nefer refuses to let them spend any time together
(b) Dinah's son does not know who his birth mother is
(c) Dinah moves away while he is a baby
(d) She is a lowly midwife and he is an educated prince
8. Why does Jacob take action against his wives?
(a) He wishes for his wives and Esau's wives to be close
(b) His sons insist that action be taken
(c) He wants to exert his power over his wives
(d) He wants his wives to devote more time to him.
9. Why is Dinah unhappy after the birth of her baby?
(a) The child is disfigured
(b) She wishes Shalem was there
(c) She is told she is no longer the mother of her child
(d) She has postpartum depression
10. Why is Rebecca disappointed with Dinah?
(a) Dinah constantly enbarasses Rebecca
(b) Dinah is not the heir to Mamra
(c) Dinah is foolish
(d) Dinah judges other too easliy
11. What is happening physically and mentally to Dinah?
(a) She is angered by everyone around her
(b) She is becoming a woman
(c) She is acting childish
(d) She feels very emotional
12. Why is Jacob mad in My Story, Chapter 6?
(a) His wives disobey him
(b) Joesph ran away
(c) He has heard about their Red Tent rituals and disapproves
(d) Dinah yells at her father and disrespects him
13. What has changed about Issac since Jacob last saw him?
(a) He is dying
(b) Issac has lost a leg
(c) Issac is now blind
(d) He has lost all of his hair
14. What does Dinah dream of after the ritual?
(a) a cat
(b) a fish
(c) a boar
(d) a big black animal in water
15. What happens when Dinah gets her period?
(a) She is taken out into seclusion
(b) Her mothers are sad their daughter is growing up
(c) Dinah gets married
(d) She is taken to the Red Tent
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
2. What does Dinah learn about her family when she speaks to Joseph?
3. Where does Dinah go to deliver the baby?
4. Why is DInah bothered by Re-nefer?
5. What becomes of Rachel?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)