|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
(a) They request to live in the palace
(b) They demand that all the men get circumcised
(c) They request that a new palace be built for Dinah's family
(d) They demand part of the citizens' tax money
2. Who does Dinah specifically call out when she returns to her father's people?
(d) Simon and Levi
3. How long does Dinah stay at Mamre?
(a) Three days
(b) Three months
(c) Three weeks
(d) Three years
4. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
(a) She loves Dinah as a daughter-in-law
(b) She wants to torture Dinah for the pain her family has caused
(c) She wants Dinah to repay her for her kindness
(d) She hopes Dinah is pregnant
5. What theme is important to this chapter?
(a) Women's changing bodies
(b) Young developing love
(d) Women expressing sexual agency
6. Why is Dinah's pregnancy difficult?
(a) The baby is turned in the wrong position in the womb
(b) Dinah falls while pregnant
(c) Dinah is severly depressed
(d) She goes into childbirth unexpectedly
7. Which is a reason that Dinah and her son are kept apart?
(a) She is a lowly midwife and he is an educated prince
(b) Dinah's son does not know who his birth mother is
(c) Re-nefer refuses to let them spend any time together
(d) Dinah moves away while he is a baby
8. What does Jacob do that causes much drama to occur in his camp?
(a) He smashes his wives' idols
(b) Jacob falls in love with one of Esau's wives
(c) He beats Leah and Rachel
(d) Jacob beats Dinah and Joseph
9. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
10. Why does Jacob take action against his wives?
(a) He wants his wives to devote more time to him.
(b) His sons insist that action be taken
(c) He wants to exert his power over his wives
(d) He wishes for his wives and Esau's wives to be close
11. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
(a) They do not want DInah to be perceived as a virgin
(b) They wish to take the pain away from Dinah's first sexual expereince
(c) They believe it should be given to the earth and not a man
(d) They do not break her hymen
12. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
(b) Sexual agency
(d) Young love
13. What happens to Zilpah?
(a) She dies in childbirth
(b) She dies of fever
(c) She becomes a great oracle
(d) She leaves the camp to wonder by herself
14. Why is Dinah unhappy after the birth of her baby?
(a) The child is disfigured
(b) She is told she is no longer the mother of her child
(c) She has postpartum depression
(d) She wishes Shalem was there
15. Who is Rebecca furious with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dinah hopeful at the end of the chapter?
2. How long does it take for Dinah and Benia to be reunited?
3. Why is Jacob mad in My Story, Chapter 6?
4. Why does Dinah go back to the palace after the baby is delivered?
5. Why has Benia tracked down Dinah?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)