|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dinah learn about her family when she speaks to Joseph?
(a) All of Dinah's mothers have died
(b) Joseph does not know what happened to the family
(c) Jacob is still alive and his clan is still traveling
(d) Joseph wishes to forget the family also
2. What does Dinah begin to take an interest in?
(a) making clothes
(b) nursing babies
(d) being a midwife
3. What does Meryt become to DInah?
(a) A sister
(b) A mother-like figure
(c) A lady's maid
(d) An assistant
4. Why does Re-nefer decide to take Dinah in?
(a) She hopes Dinah is pregnant
(b) She wants Dinah to repay her for her kindness
(c) She wants to torture Dinah for the pain her family has caused
(d) She loves Dinah as a daughter-in-law
5. Why is DInah bothered by Re-nefer?
(a) Re-nefer does not allow Dinah to grieve for Shalem
(b) Dinah feels as though Re-nefer is using her
(c) Dinah cannot deal with Re-nefer's depression
(d) She forces Dinah to work all the time
6. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
(a) They request that a new palace be built for Dinah's family
(b) They demand part of the citizens' tax money
(c) They demand that all the men get circumcised
(d) They request to live in the palace
7. What did Benia do when Dinah originally refused his attentions?
(a) He traveled abroad
(b) He married a young slave girl
(c) Benia focused on his carpentrey
(d) He remained unmarried
8. Why does Re-nefer threaten Dinah?
(a) Dinah attempts to run away with her baby
(b) Because Dinah calls her baby by his birth name
(c) Dinah speaks badly about Re-nefer to Meryt
(d) Dinah defies Re-nefer
9. Why is Rebecca disappointed with herself at the beginning of My Story, Chapter 5?
(a) She has a scrape on her face
(b) She sprains her ankle
(c) She breaks her her
(d) She is wearing an ugly frock
10. What does DInah do before she leaves her mothers, brothers, and fathers forever?
(a) She curses the tribe of Jacob
(b) She forgives her brothers
(c) She cries and hugs her mothers
(d) She hits Levi
11. Why is Dinah's pregnancy difficult?
(a) Dinah falls while pregnant
(b) The baby is turned in the wrong position in the womb
(c) Dinah is severly depressed
(d) She goes into childbirth unexpectedly
12. Why do the mothers break Dinah's hymen?
(a) They do not want DInah to be perceived as a virgin
(b) They believe it should be given to the earth and not a man
(c) They wish to take the pain away from Dinah's first sexual expereince
(d) They do not break her hymen
13. Who does Dinah see at Re-mose's celebration?
14. Who does Dinah meet in the marketplace?
15. What happens to Zilpah?
(a) She leaves the camp to wonder by herself
(b) She becomes a great oracle
(c) She dies in childbirth
(d) She dies of fever
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob take action against his wives?
2. Who out of Jacob's wives does Rebecca disapprove of?
3. What happens to Reuben?
4. Which is a reason that Dinah and her son are kept apart?
5. Who brings Dinah back to Re-nefer?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)