|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Joseph upon Dinah's departure?
(a) Joseph runs away
(b) Levi and Simon sell Joseph into slavery
(c) Joseph betrays Jacob
(d) Jospeh dies
2. What does this chapter reveal about Re-mose?
(a) He actually loves his mother
(b) He is very self centered
(c) He is envious of Zafenat Paneh-ah
(d) He wishes to avenge his father
3. In this chapter, how does DInah defy her mothers?
(a) She does not come to their aid when they are sick
(b) She curses the ways of Mamre
(c) She refuses to pass on the ways of Mamre
(d) She cuts off all contact with them
4. Why is Rebecca disappointed with Dinah?
(a) Dinah is not the heir to Mamra
(b) Dinah is foolish
(c) Dinah constantly enbarasses Rebecca
(d) Dinah judges other too easliy
5. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
(a) They demand that all the men get circumcised
(b) They request to live in the palace
(c) They demand part of the citizens' tax money
(d) They request that a new palace be built for Dinah's family
6. Why has Benia tracked down Dinah?
(a) He needs a good midwife to help with the delivery of a baby
(b) He wants her to become his wife
(c) She owes him money
(d) Benia wishes to kill DInah
7. Who is happy with the match?
8. Who discovers DInah's connection to Zafenat Paneh-ah?
9. Who's predictions are fulfilled in this chapter?
10. Why do Egyptians seek out the Cannanite woman named Dinah?
(a) They know she is the reason Shechum was destroyed
(b) Dinah is very beautiful
(c) They hear of her midwife expertise
(d) They learn she is the mother of Re-mose
11. Who is responsible for Shalem and Dinah uniting?
12. What happens while DInah is on her honeymoon?
(a) Jacob visits the King and is treated poorly
(b) Levi visits the King and is treated poorly
(c) Jacob visits the King and is treated grandly
(d) Levi visits the King and is treated grandly
13. What did Benia do when Dinah originally refused his attentions?
(a) He traveled abroad
(b) He married a young slave girl
(c) Benia focused on his carpentrey
(d) He remained unmarried
14. What does DInah do before she leaves her mothers, brothers, and fathers forever?
(a) She hits Levi
(b) She cries and hugs her mothers
(c) She curses the tribe of Jacob
(d) She forgives her brothers
15. Who does Dinah specifically call out when she returns to her father's people?
(a) Simon and Levi
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
2. Why does Dinah accompany Rachel to Shechum?
3. Why is Dinah's pregnancy difficult?
4. Why does Re-nefer threaten Dinah?
5. Why does Re-mose threaten Zafenat Paneh-ah?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)