|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Jacob's aunt
(b) Jacob's sister
(c) Jacob's grandmother
(d) Jacob's mother
2. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
(a) He punches his brother
(b) He shakes hands with his brother
(c) He ignores his brother
(d) He embraces his brother
3. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
(a) They tell each other stories of their mothers and father
(b) They annoy their older brothers
(c) They fish in the local pond
(d) They play card games.
4. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
(a) Ten days
(b) Seven days
(c) Three days
(d) Two weeks
5. What is Dinah's story like in the Bible?
(a) It is very flowery language
(b) Her story is extremely long
(c) It is informative
(d) It is very short and non-descriptive
6. What is Dinah's writing style?
(a) Angry and sad
(d) Happy that we are listening to her story
7. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
(a) She wishes Ruti would stand up for herself
(b) Dinah thinks Ruti is pathetic
(c) DInah feels sorry for Ruti
(d) Dinah does not like Ruti
8. What does Laban allow Jacob to take?
(a) sixty goats and sixty sheep
(b) sixty goats and sixty cows
(d) sixty cows and sixty sheep
9. Why do the sisters agree to help Ruti have an abortion?
(a) They do not like Ruti and want her to suffer
(b) They feel sorry for her
(c) They do not want Ruti to bear more sons
(d) The sisters decide not to help Ruti
10. Who saves Ruti?
11. Who is the only son of Jacob that does not marry?
12. Why does Jacob want to leave Laban's land?
(a) Laban's land has dried up
(b) His wives are insisting they leave
(c) His children wish to leave
(d) He is having dreams about returning to his homeland.
13. Who is Leah's best friend?
14. What does Inna declare Dinah to be?
(a) The most beautiful child she has ever seen
(b) A very spoiled brat
(c) A child of the water
(d) A child of the earth
15. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
2. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
3. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
4. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
5. What do the sisters take that is important to them?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)