|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Leah, Bilhah, Zilphah, and Rachel?
2. What important theme was introduced/further discussed in this chapter?
(c) goddess worship
3. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) Once he is in the Red Tent
(b) Will he fall and embarrass himself
(c) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
(d) When he confronts Jacob
4. What is the red tent?
(a) This is where women go to shop for food.
(b) A special tent where Jacob sleeps.
(c) This is where the sisters go during their menstrual cycle.
(d) Where weddings take place.
5. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
(a) They know Jacob will be thrilled to have a daughter.
(b) They want another girl to share in chores
(c) They now have someone to pass on their stories.
(d) They want a girl to pamper and dress up
6. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Anita Shreve
(b) Salman Rushdie
(c) Alice Diamant
(d) Anita Diamant
7. Who is the local midwife?
8. Who are the only men to enter into the Red Tent?
(a) Sick men
(c) Youngest Sons
(d) First Sons
9. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
10. What is Jacob's homeland?
11. Which sister actually steals from Laban?
12. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
(a) They tell each other stories of their mothers and father
(b) They play card games.
(c) They annoy their older brothers
(d) They fish in the local pond
13. What does Rachel name her son?
14. Why is this chapter important?
(a) The sisters show mercy to Ruti
(b) The red tent burns
(c) Sexuality is further discussed
(d) Dinah begins her story
15. Why is Dinah excited to meet Tabea?
(a) Tabea is her only female cousin
(b) She is very beautiful
(c) She promises to teach Dinah how to read
(d) Tabea is very kind
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
2. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
3. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
4. Why Does Zilpah agree to have sex with Jacob?
5. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)