|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
(b) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(c) They do not approve of Jacob.
(d) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
2. What is Dinah's writing style?
(a) Angry and sad
(c) Happy that we are listening to her story
3. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
4. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
(a) It explains Jacob's clan's reason for destroying the city, Shechem.
(b) DInah became a disciple of Jesus.
(c) Dinah is the sister of Joseph.
(d) Dinah was very beautiful.
5. What important theme was introduced/further discussed in this chapter?
(d) goddess worship
6. How do the children find Ruti?
7. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
8. How are women's stories told?
(a) Women's husbands write their stories down
(b) They are written down and passed on
(c) Women's sons write their stories down
(d) They are whispered from woman to woman
9. What occupation does Rachel take up?
(d) laundry washer
10. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
(a) Jacon insulted Laban
(b) Jacob stole from Laban
(c) Jacob has married all of his daughters
(d) Because Jacob's clan has become very prosperous
11. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
(b) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
(c) She disguises her face.
(d) She wears a veil over her face
12. How long must the camp stay near the river?
(a) Two years
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) Two days
13. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
(a) She refuses to have sex with Jacob again
(b) She thrusts herself onto Jacob
(c) She attempts to sleep with other men in Jacob's camp
(d) She expertments with her sexuality
14. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
(a) She has discovered the mother's written story
(b) She has the mothers tell their stories
(c) She gives them a voice by telling Dinah's story
(d) She has the mother's sons tell the story
15. What do Dinah and Jacob find near the lake?
(a) A bear
(b) A wild boar
(c) A fox
(d) A wolf
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
2. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
3. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
4. Where does Dinah spend most of her time before she gets her period?
5. What is Rebecca's home called?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)