|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
(a) She sees how much Leah loves him
(b) She sees how all the women fawn over him
(c) Joseph would rather spend time with Jacob
(d) Jacob has the most influence over the family
2. What is Rebecca's home called?
3. Why does Zilpah decide never to sleep with Jacob again?
(a) She has a hard time giving birth to her children
(b) Zilpah does not enjoy intimate acts
(c) She is disgusted by Jacob
(d) Zilpah does not wish to sleep with someone who does not love her.
4. What does Inna declare Dinah to be?
(a) A child of the earth
(b) The most beautiful child she has ever seen
(c) A very spoiled brat
(d) A child of the water
5. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She is very bossy.
(b) She can see the future.
(c) She practices witchcraft.
(d) She has two different colored eyes.
6. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Jacob's grandmother
(b) Jacob's sister
(c) Jacob's aunt
(d) Jacob's mother
7. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
(a) Yes, If they are under a certain age.
(b) Yes, if they are married
8. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
(a) She feels she cannot complete the journey
(b) She is afraid something will happen to Jacob
(c) She does not want to leave the place where her son was born
(d) She will miss her father
9. Why do the sisters agree to help Ruti have an abortion?
(a) They do not like Ruti and want her to suffer
(b) They feel sorry for her
(c) The sisters decide not to help Ruti
(d) They do not want Ruti to bear more sons
10. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
11. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
(a) She gives them a voice by telling Dinah's story
(b) She has the mother's sons tell the story
(c) She has discovered the mother's written story
(d) She has the mothers tell their stories
12. How many wives does Jacob now have?
13. How are women's stories told?
(a) They are written down and passed on
(b) They are whispered from woman to woman
(c) Women's sons write their stories down
(d) Women's husbands write their stories down
14. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
(a) They both enjoy dancing
(b) They are near the same age
(c) They both enjoying annoying their brothers
(d) They both enjoy singing
15. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
(a) She thrusts herself onto Jacob
(b) She expertments with her sexuality
(c) She refuses to have sex with Jacob again
(d) She attempts to sleep with other men in Jacob's camp
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dinah spend most of her time before she gets her period?
2. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
3. How do Rachel and Leah begin to define their relationship at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
5. Who is the local midwife?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)