|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Rachel take up?
(b) laundry washer
2. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
(a) kicks her in the leg.
(b) pushes her to the ground.
(c) slaps her face.
(d) pulls her hair.
3. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
(a) He gives her jewels and presents
(b) He impregnates her
(c) He sells her into slavery
(d) He beats her up
4. What is Jacob's homeland?
5. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
(c) Yes, if they are married
(d) Yes, If they are under a certain age.
6. What is created by women telling their own stories?
(a) A bond
(d) A legacy
7. Who sends Dinah and Jacob to look for Ruti?
8. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Alice Diamant
(b) Anita Diamant
(c) Anita Shreve
(d) Salman Rushdie
9. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
(a) She gives them a voice by telling Dinah's story
(b) She has the mothers tell their stories
(c) She has discovered the mother's written story
(d) She has the mother's sons tell the story
10. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) Once he is in the Red Tent
(b) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
(c) When he confronts Jacob
(d) Will he fall and embarrass himself
11. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
(a) They told thier daughters their stories with the expectation they would pass them down.
(b) Sons who had a close relationship with their mothers passed the stories down.
(c) They wrote them down in a journal.
(d) They published a book.
12. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
(a) Dreams of his brother, Esau
(b) He dreams of Rachel who cannot have babies
(c) He dreams of his homeland Canaan
(d) Dreams of his beloved mother, Rebecca
13. What do Dinah and Jacob find near the lake?
(a) A bear
(b) A wolf
(c) A wild boar
(d) A fox
14. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
(a) They want another girl to share in chores
(b) They now have someone to pass on their stories.
(c) They know Jacob will be thrilled to have a daughter.
(d) They want a girl to pamper and dress up
15. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
(a) Five months
(b) Seven months
(c) He does not agree to add on any more time
(d) Three months
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jacob's first wife?
2. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
3. How long must the camp stay near the river?
4. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
5. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)