|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why Does Zilpah agree to have sex with Jacob?
(a) She secretly loves Jacob
(b) Leah forces her to
(c) She wants to make Rachel jealous
(d) She wants to have a child
2. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
3. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
(a) Three days
(b) Two weeks
(c) Ten days
(d) Seven days
4. Who is Leah's best friend?
5. Who saves Ruti?
6. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
(a) They both enjoy singing
(b) They both enjoying annoying their brothers
(c) They are near the same age
(d) They both enjoy dancing
7. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
(a) Jacon insulted Laban
(b) Jacob stole from Laban
(c) Because Jacob's clan has become very prosperous
(d) Jacob has married all of his daughters
8. What is Jacob's homeland?
9. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Jacob's aunt
(b) Jacob's mother
(c) Jacob's grandmother
(d) Jacob's sister
10. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She is very bossy.
(b) She practices witchcraft.
(c) She has two different colored eyes.
(d) She can see the future.
11. Why does Zilpah decide never to sleep with Jacob again?
(a) She has a hard time giving birth to her children
(b) Zilpah does not wish to sleep with someone who does not love her.
(c) Zilpah does not enjoy intimate acts
(d) She is disgusted by Jacob
12. How are women's stories told?
(a) Women's husbands write their stories down
(b) They are whispered from woman to woman
(c) Women's sons write their stories down
(d) They are written down and passed on
13. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
14. Why does Bilhah ask if she may have a child for Rachel in Rachel's name?
(a) Leah asks Bilhah to do so
(b) Bilhah wishes to be cruel to Rachel
(c) Bilhah is in love with Jacob and secretly wanted to have his child.
(d) Bilhah wants to help Rachel through her miscarriages.
15. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Anita Diamant
(b) Alice Diamant
(c) Salman Rushdie
(d) Anita Shreve
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
2. What does Laban allow Jacob to take?
3. Who finds Jacob beaten and naked by the water?
4. Who is the father of Leah, Bilhah, Zilphah, and Rachel?
5. What do Dinah and Jacob find near the lake?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)