|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leah decide to have another baby?
(a) Jacob insists that she have more children
(b) Because Rachel foresees Leah having a girl
(c) Rachel pressures her to have a baby
(d) She desperately wants another boy
2. Who are the only men to enter into the Red Tent?
(a) Sick men
(b) First Sons
(d) Youngest Sons
3. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
(a) Jacon insulted Laban
(b) Jacob stole from Laban
(c) Jacob has married all of his daughters
(d) Because Jacob's clan has become very prosperous
4. Why do the sisters agree to help Ruti have an abortion?
(a) They feel sorry for her
(b) They do not like Ruti and want her to suffer
(c) The sisters decide not to help Ruti
(d) They do not want Ruti to bear more sons
5. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She wears a veil over her face
(b) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
(c) She disguises her face.
(d) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
6. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
(a) They both agree not to visit Canaan
(b) They both agree not to go to Eygpt
(c) They set a boundary between the two camps
(d) They set a boundary with water
7. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
(a) He dreams of Rachel who cannot have babies
(b) He dreams of his homeland Canaan
(c) Dreams of his brother, Esau
(d) Dreams of his beloved mother, Rebecca
8. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
(a) Women want to dress their daughters like them
(b) Because a girl can carry on other women's stories
(c) Women dislike having boy children
(d) Fathers want girl children to sell for their bride price
9. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
(a) He shakes hands with his brother
(b) He embraces his brother
(c) He ignores his brother
(d) He punches his brother
10. Which sister actually steals from Laban?
11. What is Dinah's writing style?
(a) Angry and sad
(c) Happy that we are listening to her story
12. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
(a) Because his idols were stolen
(b) He regrets letting Jacob leave
(c) He misses his daughters
(d) He would like to apologize to Jacob
13. Who is the local midwife?
14. Why must Jacob's clan wait to follow Esau?
(a) Esau's great wealth will make Jacob look bad
(b) They do not wish to overwhelm Rebecca with too many visitors
(c) Rachel is sick so they wait until she has recovered
(d) Esau does not wish to be embarassed by his brother
15. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dinah's mother?
2. How are women's stories told?
3. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
4. When is Rachel and Jacob's wedding date decided?
5. Why does Jacob want to leave Laban's land?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)