|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Rachel and Jacob's wedding date decided?
(a) After Rachel turns 15.
(b) After Jacob has finished working for Laban for one year.
(c) After Jacob has finished working for Laban for seven years.
(d) After Rachel receives her first period.
2. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
3. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
4. What does Laban allow Jacob to take?
(a) sixty goats and sixty sheep
(b) sixty cows and sixty sheep
(c) sixty goats and sixty cows
5. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
(a) He ignores his brother
(b) He embraces his brother
(c) He shakes hands with his brother
(d) He punches his brother
6. Why do the sisters agree to help Ruti have an abortion?
(a) They do not like Ruti and want her to suffer
(b) They do not want Ruti to bear more sons
(c) They feel sorry for her
(d) The sisters decide not to help Ruti
7. Who is Jacob's first wife?
8. What does Rachel name her son?
9. Why does Zilpah decide never to sleep with Jacob again?
(a) Zilpah does not enjoy intimate acts
(b) She has a hard time giving birth to her children
(c) Zilpah does not wish to sleep with someone who does not love her.
(d) She is disgusted by Jacob
10. What is Rebecca's home called?
11. Where does Dinah spend most of her time before she gets her period?
(b) Hunting with her older brothers
(c) In the Red Tent with her mother
(d) Playing with Jacob outside
12. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
(a) Because his idols were stolen
(b) He would like to apologize to Jacob
(c) He regrets letting Jacob leave
(d) He misses his daughters
13. Why does Bilhah ask if she may have a child for Rachel in Rachel's name?
(a) Bilhah wishes to be cruel to Rachel
(b) Leah asks Bilhah to do so
(c) Bilhah wants to help Rachel through her miscarriages.
(d) Bilhah is in love with Jacob and secretly wanted to have his child.
14. How are women's stories told?
(a) They are whispered from woman to woman
(b) Women's husbands write their stories down
(c) Women's sons write their stories down
(d) They are written down and passed on
15. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
(c) Yes, If they are under a certain age.
(d) Yes, if they are married
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leah decide to have another baby?
2. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
3. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
4. What do Dinah and Jacob find near the lake?
5. What does Dinah realize about her father in this chapter?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)