|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dinah's writing style?
(b) Happy that we are listening to her story
(d) Angry and sad
2. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
3. Why are the women happy to accept Inna into their camp?
(a) She is a skilled midwife and healer
(b) She is a good babysitter
(c) She is very rich
(d) She is very kind
4. Who is sent to welcome the camp to Rebecca's home?
5. What is Jacob's homeland?
6. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
(a) Sons who had a close relationship with their mothers passed the stories down.
(b) They wrote them down in a journal.
(c) They told thier daughters their stories with the expectation they would pass them down.
(d) They published a book.
7. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
(a) Women want to dress their daughters like them
(b) Because a girl can carry on other women's stories
(c) Women dislike having boy children
(d) Fathers want girl children to sell for their bride price
8. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
9. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They do not approve of Jacob.
(b) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(c) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
(d) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
10. How many children does Zilpah predict Leah will have?
11. How are women's stories told?
(a) They are written down and passed on
(b) They are whispered from woman to woman
(c) Women's husbands write their stories down
(d) Women's sons write their stories down
12. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
13. Who arrives at Jacob's camp to let him know that Esau is coming?
14. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
(a) She has discovered the mother's written story
(b) She gives them a voice by telling Dinah's story
(c) She has the mothers tell their stories
(d) She has the mother's sons tell the story
15. In the book, what mystifies men?
(b) Women's feelings
(d) A woman's menstrual cycle
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
2. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
3. Why does Leah decide to have another baby?
4. What do the sisters take that is important to them?
5. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)