|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jacob's first wife?
2. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
(a) Dreams of his beloved mother, Rebecca
(b) He dreams of Rachel who cannot have babies
(c) Dreams of his brother, Esau
(d) He dreams of his homeland Canaan
3. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
(a) Because Jacob's clan has become very prosperous
(b) Jacob stole from Laban
(c) Jacon insulted Laban
(d) Jacob has married all of his daughters
4. Who sends Dinah and Jacob to look for Ruti?
5. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She practices witchcraft.
(b) She is very bossy.
(c) She has two different colored eyes.
(d) She can see the future.
6. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
(a) He ignores his brother
(b) He punches his brother
(c) He shakes hands with his brother
(d) He embraces his brother
7. What does Laban allow Jacob to take?
(b) sixty cows and sixty sheep
(c) sixty goats and sixty sheep
(d) sixty goats and sixty cows
8. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
(a) Joseph would rather spend time with Jacob
(b) She sees how much Leah loves him
(c) Jacob has the most influence over the family
(d) She sees how all the women fawn over him
9. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
(a) pushes her to the ground.
(b) slaps her face.
(c) kicks her in the leg.
(d) pulls her hair.
10. Which sister is the most excited to leave Laban?
11. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
(a) Three days
(b) Ten days
(c) Two weeks
(d) Seven days
12. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
(a) She will miss her father
(b) She is afraid something will happen to Jacob
(c) She does not want to leave the place where her son was born
(d) She feels she cannot complete the journey
13. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
(a) They wrote them down in a journal.
(b) They published a book.
(c) They told thier daughters their stories with the expectation they would pass them down.
(d) Sons who had a close relationship with their mothers passed the stories down.
14. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
15. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
(a) Three months
(b) He does not agree to add on any more time
(c) Five months
(d) Seven months
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
2. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
3. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
4. Who is sent to welcome the camp to Rebecca's home?
5. Why does Bilhah ask if she may have a child for Rachel in Rachel's name?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)