|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dinah excited to meet Tabea?
(a) Tabea is very kind
(b) She is very beautiful
(c) Tabea is her only female cousin
(d) She promises to teach Dinah how to read
2. Which is not a son of Leah?
3. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
4. Why does Jacob hate Laban?
(a) Laban alienates those around him
(b) Laban abuses Ruti
(c) Laban tried to steal from Jacob
(d) Laban is lazy and cruel.
5. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
(a) Sons who had a close relationship with their mothers passed the stories down.
(b) They wrote them down in a journal.
(c) They told thier daughters their stories with the expectation they would pass them down.
(d) They published a book.
6. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
(b) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
(c) She wears a veil over her face
(d) She disguises her face.
7. How do the children find Ruti?
8. Where does Dinah spend most of her time before she gets her period?
(b) In the Red Tent with her mother
(c) Hunting with her older brothers
(d) Playing with Jacob outside
9. Who sends Dinah and Jacob to look for Ruti?
10. What does Dinah realize about her father in this chapter?
(a) She notices her father as a man
(b) He is a noble, kind-hearted person
(c) He is not kind to his wives
(d) He is not kind to her
11. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
(a) slaps her face.
(b) pulls her hair.
(c) kicks her in the leg.
(d) pushes her to the ground.
12. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
(a) They both enjoying annoying their brothers
(b) They both enjoy dancing
(c) They are near the same age
(d) They both enjoy singing
13. How are women's stories told?
(a) Women's sons write their stories down
(b) They are written down and passed on
(c) They are whispered from woman to woman
(d) Women's husbands write their stories down
14. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She has two different colored eyes.
(b) She practices witchcraft.
(c) She can see the future.
(d) She is very bossy.
15. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
2. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
3. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
4. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
5. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)