|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children find Ruti?
2. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
(a) She does not want to leave the place where her son was born
(b) She feels she cannot complete the journey
(c) She is afraid something will happen to Jacob
(d) She will miss her father
3. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
(a) They both enjoy dancing
(b) They both enjoy singing
(c) They are near the same age
(d) They both enjoying annoying their brothers
4. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
(a) Spirits Book
(b) The Bible
(c) Kebra Negast
(d) The Koran
5. What is Dinah's story like in the Bible?
(a) Her story is extremely long
(b) It is informative
(c) It is very flowery language
(d) It is very short and non-descriptive
6. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
(a) He misses his daughters
(b) Because his idols were stolen
(c) He regrets letting Jacob leave
(d) He would like to apologize to Jacob
7. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(b) They do not approve of Jacob.
(c) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(d) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
8. Who is sent to welcome the camp to Rebecca's home?
9. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
10. How are Esau's wives different from Jacob's?
(a) They do not celebrate in the Red Tent
(b) Their way of dressing exposes skin
(c) They cook their food differently
(d) They wear their hair differently
11. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
(a) They both agree not to visit Canaan
(b) They set a boundary between the two camps
(c) They set a boundary with water
(d) They both agree not to go to Eygpt
12. How long must the camp stay near the river?
(a) Two years
(b) Two days
(c) Two months
(d) Two weeks
13. What is a midwife?
(a) A woman who helps in the delivery of a baby
(b) A female healer
(c) A surrogate mother
(d) A female nurse
14. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
(a) Joseph would rather spend time with Jacob
(b) Jacob has the most influence over the family
(c) She sees how much Leah loves him
(d) She sees how all the women fawn over him
15. What is Jacob bothered by during their journey?
(a) He dreams of Rachel who cannot have babies
(b) Dreams of his beloved mother, Rebecca
(c) He dreams of his homeland Canaan
(d) Dreams of his brother, Esau
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a son of Leah?
2. Which sister does Jacob wish to marry?
3. Why does Jacob hate Laban?
4. What does Rachel name her son?
5. Why does Rebecca hate Esau's wives?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)