|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jacob's first wife?
2. What god does Rachel pray to?
3. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
(a) Her mother died before Dinah could say goodbye.
(b) Her brothers killed her fiance
(c) Throughout time the stories of women have been forgotten.
(d) Dinah was thrown out of Laban's camp for falling in love with a prince.
4. Who arrives at Jacob's camp to let him know that Esau is coming?
5. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) Once he is in the Red Tent
(b) When he confronts Jacob
(c) Will he fall and embarrass himself
(d) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
6. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
(a) DInah became a disciple of Jesus.
(b) It explains Jacob's clan's reason for destroying the city, Shechem.
(c) Dinah was very beautiful.
(d) Dinah is the sister of Joseph.
7. How are women's stories told?
(a) They are whispered from woman to woman
(b) Women's husbands write their stories down
(c) They are written down and passed on
(d) Women's sons write their stories down
8. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
(a) Jacob has the most influence over the family
(b) She sees how all the women fawn over him
(c) She sees how much Leah loves him
(d) Joseph would rather spend time with Jacob
9. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She wears a veil over her face
(b) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
(c) She disguises her face.
(d) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
10. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(b) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(c) They do not approve of Jacob.
(d) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
11. What does Dinah realize about her father in this chapter?
(a) He is not kind to her
(b) She notices her father as a man
(c) He is a noble, kind-hearted person
(d) He is not kind to his wives
12. How do Rachel and Leah begin to define their relationship at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) By who is better at doing chores.
(b) Their relationship is now defined by being Jacob's first and second wife.
(c) Who can give Jacob more children.
(d) Who is the leader of the household.
13. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
(a) Dinah thinks Ruti is pathetic
(b) DInah feels sorry for Ruti
(c) She wishes Ruti would stand up for herself
(d) Dinah does not like Ruti
14. What does Rachel name her son?
15. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
(a) Yes, if they are married
(c) Yes, If they are under a certain age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister does Jacob wish to marry?
2. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
3. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
4. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
5. Rachel is angry with Leah and ________________.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)