|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jacob's first wife?
2. Why must Jacob's clan wait to follow Esau?
(a) Esau does not wish to be embarassed by his brother
(b) Rachel is sick so they wait until she has recovered
(c) Esau's great wealth will make Jacob look bad
(d) They do not wish to overwhelm Rebecca with too many visitors
3. Who is sent to welcome the camp to Rebecca's home?
4. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
(a) Dinah was thrown out of Laban's camp for falling in love with a prince.
(b) Her brothers killed her fiance
(c) Throughout time the stories of women have been forgotten.
(d) Her mother died before Dinah could say goodbye.
5. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
(a) She refuses to have sex with Jacob again
(b) She expertments with her sexuality
(c) She thrusts herself onto Jacob
(d) She attempts to sleep with other men in Jacob's camp
6. How do the children find Ruti?
7. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She disguises her face.
(b) She wears a veil over her face
(c) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
(d) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
8. Who arrives at Jacob's camp to let him know that Esau is coming?
9. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
10. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
(a) They tell each other stories of their mothers and father
(b) They annoy their older brothers
(c) They play card games.
(d) They fish in the local pond
11. Who is Dinah's mother?
12. Why Does Zilpah agree to have sex with Jacob?
(a) Leah forces her to
(b) She wants to have a child
(c) She wants to make Rachel jealous
(d) She secretly loves Jacob
13. Who nurses Jacob for Rachel?
14. Who saves Ruti?
15. What is created by women telling their own stories?
(a) A bond
(b) A legacy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
2. Why is this chapter important?
3. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
4. How long must the camp stay near the river?
5. What is a midwife?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)