|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
2. How does Zilpah assert her own sexual power?
(a) She thrusts herself onto Jacob
(b) She refuses to have sex with Jacob again
(c) She attempts to sleep with other men in Jacob's camp
(d) She expertments with her sexuality
3. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
(b) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
(c) She disguises her face.
(d) She wears a veil over her face
4. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
(a) She has discovered the mother's written story
(b) She has the mother's sons tell the story
(c) She has the mothers tell their stories
(d) She gives them a voice by telling Dinah's story
5. How many years of service must Jacob give Laban before he can marry Rachel?
6. Who is Dinah's mother?
7. Why is Bilhah reluctant to leave?
(a) She does not want to leave the place where her son was born
(b) She is afraid something will happen to Jacob
(c) She feels she cannot complete the journey
(d) She will miss her father
8. Why are the women happy to accept Inna into their camp?
(a) She is very kind
(b) She is very rich
(c) She is a good babysitter
(d) She is a skilled midwife and healer
9. What does Rachel name her son?
10. What is the red tent?
(a) This is where women go to shop for food.
(b) Where weddings take place.
(c) A special tent where Jacob sleeps.
(d) This is where the sisters go during their menstrual cycle.
11. What is Jacob's homeland?
12. What is a midwife?
(a) A surrogate mother
(b) A woman who helps in the delivery of a baby
(c) A female healer
(d) A female nurse
13. What do the sisters decide to steal from Laban?
(d) Household gods
14. In My Mother's Stories, Chapter 3, How many sons does Jacob now have?
15. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dinah excited to meet Tabea?
2. Why does Dinah become jealous of her father?
3. How long must the camp stay near the river?
4. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
5. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)