|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
(a) They both agree not to visit Canaan
(b) They both agree not to go to Eygpt
(c) They set a boundary between the two camps
(d) They set a boundary with water
2. In My Stories, Chapter 1, what does Laban do to Ruti?
(a) He sells her into slavery
(b) He impregnates her
(c) He beats her up
(d) He gives her jewels and presents
3. How are Esau's wives different from Jacob's?
(a) They cook their food differently
(b) They wear their hair differently
(c) Their way of dressing exposes skin
(d) They do not celebrate in the Red Tent
4. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Dinah was very beautiful.
(b) Dinah is the sister of Joseph.
(c) DInah became a disciple of Jesus.
(d) It explains Jacob's clan's reason for destroying the city, Shechem.
5. Who saves Ruti?
6. How many children does Zilpah predict Leah will have?
7. What is Dinah's writing style?
(b) Happy that we are listening to her story
(d) Angry and sad
8. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
9. How do Joseph and Dinah spend their time together?
(a) They tell each other stories of their mothers and father
(b) They fish in the local pond
(c) They play card games.
(d) They annoy their older brothers
10. What important theme was introduced/further discussed in this chapter?
(b) goddess worship
11. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
(a) Three months
(b) He does not agree to add on any more time
(c) Seven months
(d) Five months
12. Why do Dinah and Joseph grow close?
(a) They both enjoy singing
(b) They are near the same age
(c) They both enjoy dancing
(d) They both enjoying annoying their brothers
13. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
(a) A woman's history
14. Why must Jacob's clan wait to follow Esau?
(a) They do not wish to overwhelm Rebecca with too many visitors
(b) Rachel is sick so they wait until she has recovered
(c) Esau does not wish to be embarassed by his brother
(d) Esau's great wealth will make Jacob look bad
15. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
(a) Jacob has married all of his daughters
(b) Because Jacob's clan has become very prosperous
(c) Jacon insulted Laban
(d) Jacob stole from Laban
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sisters take that is important to them?
2. What does Rachel name her son?
3. What god does Rachel pray to?
4. How do the children find Ruti?
5. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)