|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why Does Zilpah agree to have sex with Jacob?
(a) She wants to make Rachel jealous
(b) Leah forces her to
(c) She wants to have a child
(d) She secretly loves Jacob
2. Which sister does Jacob wish to marry?
3. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Alice Diamant
(b) Anita Shreve
(c) Anita Diamant
(d) Salman Rushdie
4. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
(a) Dinah does not like Ruti
(b) She wishes Ruti would stand up for herself
(c) Dinah thinks Ruti is pathetic
(d) DInah feels sorry for Ruti
5. What is bride price?
(a) The price Laban must pay Jacob for marrying a daughter.
(b) Money they bride must pay her husband for marrying her.
(c) Jacob's way of paying for his bride.
(d) A gift Jacob must give to his bride.
6. What is Dinah's writing style?
(b) Angry and sad
(c) Happy that we are listening to her story
7. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
8. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) Once he is in the Red Tent
(b) Will he fall and embarrass himself
(c) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
(d) When he confronts Jacob
9. When is Rachel and Jacob's wedding date decided?
(a) After Jacob has finished working for Laban for one year.
(b) After Rachel receives her first period.
(c) After Rachel turns 15.
(d) After Jacob has finished working for Laban for seven years.
10. Why does Leah decide to have another baby?
(a) Rachel pressures her to have a baby
(b) She desperately wants another boy
(c) Because Rachel foresees Leah having a girl
(d) Jacob insists that she have more children
11. Who is Leah's best friend?
12. What else is Jacob allowed to take with him?
(a) Zilpah and Bilhah's clothing and jewelry
(b) All of Jacob's sons' belongings
(c) All of Leah and Rachel's possessions
(d) All of the above
13. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
(a) They know Jacob will be thrilled to have a daughter.
(b) They want a girl to pamper and dress up
(c) They want another girl to share in chores
(d) They now have someone to pass on their stories.
14. Who is the only son of Jacob that does not marry?
15. What do the sisters decide to steal from Laban?
(b) Household gods
Short Answer Questions
1. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
2. Why does Bilhah ask if she may have a child for Rachel in Rachel's name?
3. Who finds Jacob beaten and naked by the water?
4. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
5. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)