|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laban feel helpless?
(a) When he confronts Jacob
(b) When he confronts all of Jacob's clan
(c) Once he is in the Red Tent
(d) Will he fall and embarrass himself
2. Where do both families agree to meet?
3. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
(a) Spirits Book
(b) Kebra Negast
(c) The Bible
(d) The Koran
4. How many children does Zilpah predict Leah will have?
5. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She is very bossy.
(b) She has two different colored eyes.
(c) She practices witchcraft.
(d) She can see the future.
6. Why do the sisters agree to help Ruti have an abortion?
(a) They do not want Ruti to bear more sons
(b) The sisters decide not to help Ruti
(c) They do not like Ruti and want her to suffer
(d) They feel sorry for her
7. What do the sisters take that is important to them?
(a) Their jewelry
(b) Their crops
(c) Their clothes
(d) Their goddesses
8. Who are the only men to enter into the Red Tent?
(a) First Sons
(c) Sick men
(d) Youngest Sons
9. How does Dinah feel toward Ruti?
(a) Dinah thinks Ruti is pathetic
(b) Dinah does not like Ruti
(c) She wishes Ruti would stand up for herself
(d) DInah feels sorry for Ruti
10. What is Esau's reaction when he finally sees Jacob?
(a) He punches his brother
(b) He embraces his brother
(c) He ignores his brother
(d) He shakes hands with his brother
11. Are women allowed to be a part of men's social circles?
(a) Yes, If they are under a certain age.
(b) Yes, if they are married
12. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
13. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
14. What is Dinah's story like in the Bible?
(a) Her story is extremely long
(b) It is very short and non-descriptive
(c) It is very flowery language
(d) It is informative
15. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Jacob agree to serve Laban in order to marry Rachel?
2. Who arrives at Jacob's camp to let him know that Esau is coming?
3. Who is Jacob's first wife?
4. Who is Dinah's mother?
5. How are women's stories told?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)