|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(b) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(c) They do not approve of Jacob.
(d) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
2. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
(a) Dinah was thrown out of Laban's camp for falling in love with a prince.
(b) Her brothers killed her fiance
(c) Throughout time the stories of women have been forgotten.
(d) Her mother died before Dinah could say goodbye.
3. Who tricks Rachel out of wanting to marry Jacob?
4. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She practices witchcraft.
(b) She has two different colored eyes.
(c) She is very bossy.
(d) She can see the future.
5. Who is Leah's best friend?
6. What do Jacob and Laban do to ensure they never see each other again?
(a) They set a boundary between the two camps
(b) They both agree not to go to Eygpt
(c) They set a boundary with water
(d) They both agree not to visit Canaan
7. Who are the only men to enter into the Red Tent?
(a) First Sons
(b) Youngest Sons
(d) Sick men
8. What does Inna declare Dinah to be?
(a) A child of the water
(b) The most beautiful child she has ever seen
(c) A very spoiled brat
(d) A child of the earth
9. Why is this chapter important?
(a) The red tent burns
(b) Dinah begins her story
(c) Sexuality is further discussed
(d) The sisters show mercy to Ruti
10. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
(b) A woman's history
11. Why are the women happy to accept Inna into their camp?
(a) She is a skilled midwife and healer
(b) She is very rich
(c) She is very kind
(d) She is a good babysitter
12. How many wives does Jacob now have?
13. What is Dinah's story like in the Bible?
(a) It is very flowery language
(b) Her story is extremely long
(c) It is very short and non-descriptive
(d) It is informative
14. What is a midwife?
(a) A female healer
(b) A female nurse
(c) A woman who helps in the delivery of a baby
(d) A surrogate mother
15. Who does Ruti thank for saving her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laban seek out Jacob's camp?
2. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
3. What is Rebecca's home called?
4. Why must Jacob's clan wait to follow Esau?
5. Who does Reuben spend most of his time with?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)