|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Mothers' Stories, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it special to have a girl baby?
(a) Because a girl can carry on other women's stories
(b) Fathers want girl children to sell for their bride price
(c) Women dislike having boy children
(d) Women want to dress their daughters like them
2. Why are many people scared of Leah?
(a) She has two different colored eyes.
(b) She is very bossy.
(c) She can see the future.
(d) She practices witchcraft.
3. Why are the sisters excited that Dinah has been born?
(a) They want a girl to pamper and dress up
(b) They know Jacob will be thrilled to have a daughter.
(c) They want another girl to share in chores
(d) They now have someone to pass on their stories.
4. What is the red tent?
(a) Where weddings take place.
(b) This is where the sisters go during their menstrual cycle.
(c) This is where women go to shop for food.
(d) A special tent where Jacob sleeps.
5. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Dinah is the sister of Joseph.
(b) It explains Jacob's clan's reason for destroying the city, Shechem.
(c) Dinah was very beautiful.
(d) DInah became a disciple of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are women's stories told?
2. Who is thought to be the most beautiful daughter of Laban?
3. What occupation does Rachel take up?
4. How do Rachel and Leah begin to define their relationship at the end of Chapter 2?
5. How long is Jacob and Leah's honeymoon?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)