|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Mothers' Stories, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
(a) Throughout time the stories of women have been forgotten.
(b) Her brothers killed her fiance
(c) Dinah was thrown out of Laban's camp for falling in love with a prince.
(d) Her mother died before Dinah could say goodbye.
2. When is Rachel and Jacob's wedding date decided?
(a) After Rachel turns 15.
(b) After Rachel receives her first period.
(c) After Jacob has finished working for Laban for one year.
(d) After Jacob has finished working for Laban for seven years.
3. Who is Leah's best friend?
4. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They do not approve of Jacob.
(b) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(c) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
(d) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
5. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Anita Diamant
(b) Anita Shreve
(c) Salman Rushdie
(d) Alice Diamant
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rachel and Leah begin to define their relationship at the end of Chapter 2?
2. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
3. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
4. What is Dinah's story like in the Bible?
5. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)