|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Mothers' Stories, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is created by women telling their own stories?
(b) A bond
(c) A legacy
2. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
(a) The Koran
(b) Kebra Negast
(c) The Bible
(d) Spirits Book
3. Why is Laban jealous of Jacob?
(a) Jacob stole from Laban
(b) Jacon insulted Laban
(c) Jacob has married all of his daughters
(d) Because Jacob's clan has become very prosperous
4. How does Leah hide her identity from Jacob?
(a) She makes herself up to look like Rachel
(b) She wears a veil over her face
(c) She disguises her face.
(d) She does not face Jacob during the ceremony, so he never sees her face.
5. Why does Rachel's family protest the marriage?
(a) They believe that Jacob is a liar and thief.
(b) They do not approve of Jacob.
(c) Laban does not wish to give up his most beautiful daughter.
(d) They believe she is too young to marry Jacob.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diamant give a voice to Dinah's mothers?
2. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
3. Why do the sisters agree to help Ruti have an abortion?
4. Why does Zilpah decide never to sleep with Jacob again?
5. What does Jacob ask for as a part of Rachel's dowry?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)