1. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
(a) Her brothers killed her fiance
(b) Her mother died before Dinah could say goodbye.
(c) Dinah was thrown out of Laban's camp for falling in love with a prince.
(d) Throughout time the stories of women have been forgotten.
2. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Salman Rushdie
(b) Alice Diamant
(c) Anita Shreve
(d) Anita Diamant
3. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
(a) They published a book.
(b) They told thier daughters their stories with the expectation they would pass them down.
(c) They wrote them down in a journal.
(d) Sons who had a close relationship with their mothers passed the stories down.
4. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
(a) A woman's history
5. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
(a) Spirits Book
(b) The Koran
(c) Kebra Negast
(d) The Bible
6. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
(a) Dinah was very beautiful.
(b) Dinah is the sister of Joseph.
(c) DInah became a disciple of Jesus.
(d) It explains Jacob's clan's reason for destroying the city, Shechem.
This section contains 4,564 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)