1. Why is Dinah angry with the reader?
(a) Her brothers killed her fiance
(b) Throughout time the stories of women have been forgotten.
(c) Her mother died before Dinah could say goodbye.
(d) Dinah was thrown out of Laban's camp for falling in love with a prince.
2. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Anita Diamant
(b) Anita Shreve
(c) Salman Rushdie
(d) Alice Diamant
3. How did women of Dinah's time keep a log of their stories?
(a) Sons who had a close relationship with their mothers passed the stories down.
(b) They wrote them down in a journal.
(c) They told thier daughters their stories with the expectation they would pass them down.
(d) They published a book.
4. What theme is introduced in the Prologue?
(a) A woman's history
5. Where can the story of Dinah be found?
(a) The Bible
(b) The Koran
(c) Spirits Book
(d) Kebra Negast
6. Why is Dinah's story mentioned in the Bible?
(a) DInah became a disciple of Jesus.
(b) It explains Jacob's clan's reason for destroying the city, Shechem.
(c) Dinah was very beautiful.
(d) Dinah is the sister of Joseph.
This section contains 4,564 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)