|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do women prefer more intelligent men?
2. What tends to stay private between humans?
3. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
4. Which type of women are the most attractive to men?
5. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
2. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
3. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
4. When given pictures with landscapes and people, what differences do boys and girls have?
5. What do men universally prefer in their women?
6. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
7. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
8. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
10. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does natural selection take a back seat to sexual selection in Ridley's opinion? How do natural selection traits actually become sexual selection traits?
Essay Topic 2
Ridley insists that while women prefer monogamy, they like to also have affairs on the side. How could Ridley's research be twisted or misconstrued to blame only women for being unfaithful? How could this possibly give men too much power?
Essay Topic 3
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)