Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
2. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
3. What accusation does the author make against women?
4. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
5. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
Essay Topic 1
How has biology intervened to change our ideas of what is beautiful or attractive? Why are men more attracted to thinner women, while women prefer an attractive man who has high status? Give reasons for your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ridley end the book with the explanation that when the Red Queen Theory proves itself wrong, it also proves itself right? Does this allow the Ridley to advertise that his theories are right no matter what? Do you think that his findings are not being held accountable?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)