|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
2. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
3. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
4. How do women prefer to live with men?
5. Which type of women are the most attractive to men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
2. What do women universally prefer?
3. What does female physiology support?
4. What do women prefer to be?
5. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
7. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
8. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
9. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
10. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As cheaters get caught, what happens to their ability to cheat? How does the Red Queen Theory say that cheaters will react to improved cheating detectors? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
How, in Ridley's eyes, is polygamy a successful situation for sexual reproduction? Explain. Why do most modern societies oppose polygamy? If a group of people wants to be polygamous, do you think they should be able to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)