|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
2. What do male primates do to their female's children who are not also their children?
3. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
4. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
5. Why do women need men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
2. What do men prefer to be?
3. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
4. What does female physiology support?
5. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
6. What do women prefer to be?
7. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
8. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
9. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
10. What do men universally prefer in their women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ridley asserts that experiences as well as biological changes have made male and female minds different. Does Ridley view this as a negative? In the past, how has this statement been derogatory towards women? How has it made women be seen as unequal in the eyes of men?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ridley end the book with the explanation that when the Red Queen Theory proves itself wrong, it also proves itself right? Does this allow the Ridley to advertise that his theories are right no matter what? Do you think that his findings are not being held accountable?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)