|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
2. How do males fantasize?
3. Children who are raised together usually___________.
4. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
5. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
2. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
3. What do women universally prefer?
4. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
5. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
6. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
7. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
8. What do women prefer to be?
9. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
10. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ridley end the book with the explanation that when the Red Queen Theory proves itself wrong, it also proves itself right? Does this allow the Ridley to advertise that his theories are right no matter what? Do you think that his findings are not being held accountable?
Essay Topic 2
How has biology intervened to change our ideas of what is beautiful or attractive? Why are men more attracted to thinner women, while women prefer an attractive man who has high status? Give reasons for your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How, in Ridley's eyes, is polygamy a successful situation for sexual reproduction? Explain. Why do most modern societies oppose polygamy? If a group of people wants to be polygamous, do you think they should be able to do so?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)