|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
2. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
3. How did males evolve?
4. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
5. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
2. What do women prefer to be?
3. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
4. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
5. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
6. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
7. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
8. What do women universally prefer?
9. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
10. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Charles Darwin's findings change the science world as we know it? Please consider the following:
- When did Charles Darwin publicize his theories on evolution?
- What did pre-Darwinian audiences think about evolution?
- Were Darwin's ideas readily accepted at first?
Essay Topic 2
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 3
Why does natural selection take a back seat to sexual selection in Ridley's opinion? How do natural selection traits actually become sexual selection traits?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)