|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
2. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
3. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
4. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
5. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why else must men be intelligent?
2. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
3. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
4. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
5. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
6. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
7. What do women universally prefer?
8. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
9. What need is human language built around?
10. What do women prefer to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
Essay Topic 2
Although sexual reproduction is very expensive for species that partake in it, explain why asexual reproduction is less successful than sexual reproduction. List out the specific positives of participating in sexual reproduction. List the negative reasons for sexual reproduction.
Essay Topic 3
Since Adam and Eve, women have been depicted as the temptresses. They cunningly lead men away from what is good or right. How much of this statement is actually true? Describe how women have been forced to take on the role of the evil character throughout history.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)