|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
2. What is the development of language?
3. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
4. The author believes that biological evolution and our environments _____________.
5. Instead of this aspect, what are men really wanting as they are driven by biology?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
Essay Topic 2
Why has the author chosen to write about the Red Queen Theory and the study of human nature? By studying, what does he eventually hope to learn? Do you think that he is successful in his search for knowledge?
Essay Topic 3
As cheaters get caught, what happens to their ability to cheat? How does the Red Queen Theory say that cheaters will react to improved cheating detectors? Do you agree?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)