|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
2. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
3. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
4. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
5. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
2. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
3. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
4. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
5. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
6. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
7. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
8. What is different between humans and primates?
9. What do men prefer to be?
10. What need is human language built around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has sexual intercourse become a private matter among many humans? Is this a societal constraint that we have imposed on ourselves? Or, is it something that was biologically programmed into us? How does this aspect make us different from other species?
Essay Topic 2
Male Australian turkeys build spectacular mounds. They build these mounds to attract females. When a female shares a mound with a turkey, she is saying she will give him offspring. In this case, how have mound building skills changed?
What has now become important about mound building skills?
Essay Topic 3
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)