|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
2. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
3. What accusation does the author make against women?
4. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
5. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
Essay Topic 1
Male Australian turkeys build spectacular mounds. They build these mounds to attract females. When a female shares a mound with a turkey, she is saying she will give him offspring. In this case, how have mound building skills changed?
What has now become important about mound building skills?
Essay Topic 2
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
Essay Topic 3
Although sexual reproduction is very expensive for species that partake in it, explain why asexual reproduction is less successful than sexual reproduction. List out the specific positives of participating in sexual reproduction. List the negative reasons for sexual reproduction.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)