|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
2. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
3. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
4. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
5. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does female physiology support?
2. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
3. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
4. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
5. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
6. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
7. What need is human language built around?
8. What do men universally prefer in their women?
9. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
10. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As cheaters get caught, what happens to their ability to cheat? How does the Red Queen Theory say that cheaters will react to improved cheating detectors? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
Ridley asserts that experiences as well as biological changes have made male and female minds different. Does Ridley view this as a negative? In the past, how has this statement been derogatory towards women? How has it made women be seen as unequal in the eyes of men?
Essay Topic 3
How has biology intervened to change our ideas of what is beautiful or attractive? Why are men more attracted to thinner women, while women prefer an attractive man who has high status? Give reasons for your answers.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)