|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
2. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
3. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
4. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
5. What type of success does evolution care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
2. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
3. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
4. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
5. What do women universally prefer?
6. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
7. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
8. Why else must men be intelligent?
9. What need is human language built around?
10. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
Essay Topic 2
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 3
Although sexual reproduction is very expensive for species that partake in it, explain why asexual reproduction is less successful than sexual reproduction. List out the specific positives of participating in sexual reproduction. List the negative reasons for sexual reproduction.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)