|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
2. What age group do men find the most attractive?
3. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
4. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
5. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
2. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
3. What does female physiology support?
4. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
5. What do men prefer to be?
6. Why else must men be intelligent?
7. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
8. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
9. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
10. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ridley end the book with the explanation that when the Red Queen Theory proves itself wrong, it also proves itself right? Does this allow the Ridley to advertise that his theories are right no matter what? Do you think that his findings are not being held accountable?
Essay Topic 2
Male Australian turkeys build spectacular mounds. They build these mounds to attract females. When a female shares a mound with a turkey, she is saying she will give him offspring. In this case, how have mound building skills changed?
What has now become important about mound building skills?
Essay Topic 3
Ridley ends the book by saying that while the Red Queen Theory is useful, it also can be confusing. The theory also proves and disproves itself all the time. Why do you think he ends the book in this way? Is it to save his reputation in case he is wrong? Explain.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)