|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of success does evolution care about?
2. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
3. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
4. What determines whether a child is French or English speaking?
5. Which type of women are the most attractive to men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
2. Why else must men be intelligent?
3. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
4. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
5. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
6. Why is male on male violence so detrimental?
7. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
8. What is different between humans and primates?
9. What do women universally prefer?
10. What need is human language built around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Male Australian turkeys build spectacular mounds. They build these mounds to attract females. When a female shares a mound with a turkey, she is saying she will give him offspring. In this case, how have mound building skills changed?
What has now become important about mound building skills?
Essay Topic 2
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
Essay Topic 3
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)