|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
2. Why do women like taller men?
3. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
4. What is the development of language?
5. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
2. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
3. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
4. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
5. What need is human language built around?
6. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
7. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
8. Why else must men be intelligent?
9. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
10. When given pictures with landscapes and people, what differences do boys and girls have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does natural selection take a back seat to sexual selection in Ridley's opinion? How do natural selection traits actually become sexual selection traits?
Essay Topic 2
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 3
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)