|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
2. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
3. What age group do men find the most attractive?
4. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
5. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does female physiology support?
2. What do women prefer to be?
3. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What is different between humans and primates?
5. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
6. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
7. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
8. Why else must men be intelligent?
9. What do men prefer to be?
10. Why is male on male violence so detrimental?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ridley end the book with the explanation that when the Red Queen Theory proves itself wrong, it also proves itself right? Does this allow the Ridley to advertise that his theories are right no matter what? Do you think that his findings are not being held accountable?
Essay Topic 2
In your own words, define gene outcrossing. How does sexual reproduction cause gene outcrossing to occur? Why is gene outcrossing a positive thing for many populations?
Essay Topic 3
How, in Ridley's eyes, is polygamy a successful situation for sexual reproduction? Explain. Why do most modern societies oppose polygamy? If a group of people wants to be polygamous, do you think they should be able to do so?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)