|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
2. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
3. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
4. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
5. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
2. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
3. What do men universally prefer in their women?
4. What do women prefer to be?
5. What does female physiology support?
6. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
7. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
8. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
9. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
10. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As cheaters get caught, what happens to their ability to cheat? How does the Red Queen Theory say that cheaters will react to improved cheating detectors? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
Ridley insists that while women prefer monogamy, they like to also have affairs on the side. How could Ridley's research be twisted or misconstrued to blame only women for being unfaithful? How could this possibly give men too much power?
Essay Topic 3
How has biology intervened to change our ideas of what is beautiful or attractive? Why are men more attracted to thinner women, while women prefer an attractive man who has high status? Give reasons for your answers.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)