|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
2. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
3. What type of success does evolution care about?
4. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
5. Why do women need men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
2. What do women universally prefer?
3. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
4. What do men universally prefer in their women?
5. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
6. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
8. Why is male on male violence so detrimental?
9. What do women prefer to be?
10. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ridley asserts that experiences as well as biological changes have made male and female minds different. Does Ridley view this as a negative? In the past, how has this statement been derogatory towards women? How has it made women be seen as unequal in the eyes of men?
Essay Topic 2
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 3
How did Charles Darwin's findings change the science world as we know it? Please consider the following:
- When did Charles Darwin publicize his theories on evolution?
- What did pre-Darwinian audiences think about evolution?
- Were Darwin's ideas readily accepted at first?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)