|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
2. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
3. What accusation does the author make against women?
4. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
5. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
2. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
3. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
4. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
5. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
6. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
7. What do men prefer to be?
8. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
10. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
Essay Topic 2
How, in Ridley's eyes, is polygamy a successful situation for sexual reproduction? Explain. Why do most modern societies oppose polygamy? If a group of people wants to be polygamous, do you think they should be able to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)