|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
2. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
3. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
4. What determines whether a child is French or English speaking?
5. How do women prefer to live with men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
2. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
3. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
4. What do women universally prefer?
5. What is different between humans and primates?
6. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
7. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
8. What do men universally prefer in their women?
9. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
10. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, why does Ridley choose not to take a side in the debate of homosexuality and genetics? If a link between genetics and homosexuality is found, how will societies have to change? Do you think this is a positive or negative thing?
Essay Topic 3
Since Adam and Eve, women have been depicted as the temptresses. They cunningly lead men away from what is good or right. How much of this statement is actually true? Describe how women have been forced to take on the role of the evil character throughout history.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)