|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
2. What determines whether a child is French or English speaking?
3. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
4. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
5. When was polygamy stamped out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
2. What need is human language built around?
3. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
4. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
5. Why is male on male violence so detrimental?
6. What do men prefer to be?
7. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
8. What does female physiology support?
9. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
10. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
Essay Topic 2
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 3
Why has the author chosen to write about the Red Queen Theory and the study of human nature? By studying, what does he eventually hope to learn? Do you think that he is successful in his search for knowledge?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)