|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
2. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
3. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
4. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
5. What age group do men find the most attractive?
Essay Topic 1
Male Australian turkeys build spectacular mounds. They build these mounds to attract females. When a female shares a mound with a turkey, she is saying she will give him offspring. In this case, how have mound building skills changed?
What has now become important about mound building skills?
Essay Topic 2
Why has sexual intercourse become a private matter among many humans? Is this a societal constraint that we have imposed on ourselves? Or, is it something that was biologically programmed into us? How does this aspect make us different from other species?
Essay Topic 3
Ridley ends the book by saying that while the Red Queen Theory is useful, it also can be confusing. The theory also proves and disproves itself all the time. Why do you think he ends the book in this way? Is it to save his reputation in case he is wrong? Explain.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)