Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
2. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
3. What accusation does the author make against women?
4. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
5. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
Essay Topic 1
How has biology intervened to change our ideas of what is beautiful or attractive? Why are men more attracted to thinner women, while women prefer an attractive man who has high status? Give reasons for your answers.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, why does Ridley choose not to take a side in the debate of homosexuality and genetics? If a link between genetics and homosexuality is found, how will societies have to change? Do you think this is a positive or negative thing?
Essay Topic 3
Ridley asserts that experiences as well as biological changes have made male and female minds different. Does Ridley view this as a negative? In the past, how has this statement been derogatory towards women? How has it made women be seen as unequal in the eyes of men?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)