|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
2. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
3. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
4. What is negative about having many females?
5. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
2. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
3. What is different between humans and primates?
4. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
6. What do women prefer to be?
7. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
8. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
9. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
10. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ridley asserts that experiences as well as biological changes have made male and female minds different. Does Ridley view this as a negative? In the past, how has this statement been derogatory towards women? How has it made women be seen as unequal in the eyes of men?
Essay Topic 2
Since Adam and Eve, women have been depicted as the temptresses. They cunningly lead men away from what is good or right. How much of this statement is actually true? Describe how women have been forced to take on the role of the evil character throughout history.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)