|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
2. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
3. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
4. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
5. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has the author chosen to write about the Red Queen Theory and the study of human nature? By studying, what does he eventually hope to learn? Do you think that he is successful in his search for knowledge?
Essay Topic 2
Ridley ends the book by saying that while the Red Queen Theory is useful, it also can be confusing. The theory also proves and disproves itself all the time. Why do you think he ends the book in this way? Is it to save his reputation in case he is wrong? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)