|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
2. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
3. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
4. What is sexual selection?
5. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would a pre-Darwin think explain why giraffes have long necks?
2. How does the book begin and why is it important?
3. What is the lottery theory?
4. Who changed the discussions concerning evolution after the 19th century?
5. Explain the story of the fisherman.
6. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
7. Why do males want to be with many females?
8. Why are hermaphrodites unstable?
9. Why is the book named after the Red Queen?
10. What is a bdelloid rotifer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does natural selection take a back seat to sexual selection in Ridley's opinion? How do natural selection traits actually become sexual selection traits?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
Essay Topic 3
As cheaters get caught, what happens to their ability to cheat? How does the Red Queen Theory say that cheaters will react to improved cheating detectors? Do you agree?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)