|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
2. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
4. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
5. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
2. Why is there a ratio of 1:1 in males and females?
3. What is perplexing about sexual reproduction?
4. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
6. From a biologist's point of view, why is sexual reproduction not as successful as asexual?
7. Who developed the Red Queen Theory?
8. How would a pre-Darwin think explain why giraffes have long necks?
9. Why are out law genes interesting?
10. After the Vicar of Bray theory, what did scientists try to prove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
Essay Topic 2
Ridley ends the book by saying that while the Red Queen Theory is useful, it also can be confusing. The theory also proves and disproves itself all the time. Why do you think he ends the book in this way? Is it to save his reputation in case he is wrong? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
How, in Ridley's eyes, is polygamy a successful situation for sexual reproduction? Explain. Why do most modern societies oppose polygamy? If a group of people wants to be polygamous, do you think they should be able to do so?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)