|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
3. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
4. What is lekking?
5. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
2. What do women prefer to be?
3. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. Why else must men be intelligent?
5. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
6. After the Vicar of Bray theory, what did scientists try to prove?
7. Explain the story of the fisherman.
8. What does the sexy sons theory say?
9. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
10. To what is the human genome often compared?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, why does Ridley choose not to take a side in the debate of homosexuality and genetics? If a link between genetics and homosexuality is found, how will societies have to change? Do you think this is a positive or negative thing?
Essay Topic 3
Why does natural selection take a back seat to sexual selection in Ridley's opinion? How do natural selection traits actually become sexual selection traits?
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)