|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
2. How does Chapter 2 begin?
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
4. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
5. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tangled bank theory?
2. What is perplexing about sexual reproduction?
3. Explain the story of the fisherman.
4. Who changed the discussions concerning evolution after the 19th century?
5. When is it even more important for a female to find a good mate?
6. How does the book begin and why is it important?
7. Why is the history of evolution a never ending arms race?
8. To what is the human genome often compared?
9. What does the sexy sons theory say?
10. Why are out law genes interesting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although sexual reproduction is very expensive for species that partake in it, explain why asexual reproduction is less successful than sexual reproduction. List out the specific positives of participating in sexual reproduction. List the negative reasons for sexual reproduction.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ridley end the book with the explanation that when the Red Queen Theory proves itself wrong, it also proves itself right? Does this allow the Ridley to advertise that his theories are right no matter what? Do you think that his findings are not being held accountable?
Essay Topic 3
Since Adam and Eve, women have been depicted as the temptresses. They cunningly lead men away from what is good or right. How much of this statement is actually true? Describe how women have been forced to take on the role of the evil character throughout history.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)