Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
2. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
3. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
Short Essay Questions
1. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
2. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
3. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
4. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
5. What do women prefer to be?
6. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
7. To what is the human genome often compared?
8. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
9. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
10. Why do genes exist in the first place?
Essay Topic 1
As cheaters get caught, what happens to their ability to cheat? How does the Red Queen Theory say that cheaters will react to improved cheating detectors? Do you agree?
Essay Topic 2
Why has the author chosen to write about the Red Queen Theory and the study of human nature? By studying, what does he eventually hope to learn? Do you think that he is successful in his search for knowledge?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)