|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are out law genes?
2. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
4. What do males want in sexual partners?
5. Who cannot compete with males?
Short Essay Questions
1. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
2. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
3. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
4. Why else must men be intelligent?
5. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
6. Why do genes exist in the first place?
7. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
8. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
9. How do sperm sometimes kill the egg?
10. What do men universally prefer in their women?
Essay Topic 1
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different tones that Ridley uses throughout the novel. Point out specific tones in different sections. Then describe why the tone works best for that section.
Essay Topic 3
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)