|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
2. Who cannot compete with males?
3. What kind of study does evolution become?
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
5. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the book named after the Red Queen?
2. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
3. Who changed the discussions concerning evolution after the 19th century?
4. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
5. What does the sexy sons theory say?
6. How is the theory supported by science?
7. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
8. Why is there a ratio of 1:1 in males and females?
9. What is the tangled bank theory?
10. What does the Martian visitor that observes Earth wonder about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your own words, define gene outcrossing. How does sexual reproduction cause gene outcrossing to occur? Why is gene outcrossing a positive thing for many populations?
Essay Topic 2
How has biology intervened to change our ideas of what is beautiful or attractive? Why are men more attracted to thinner women, while women prefer an attractive man who has high status? Give reasons for your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ridley think that intelligence and language developed between human beings? Does he think that without this prompting, there would be no language?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)