|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
2. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
3. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
4. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
5. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about the mating skills of the Australian bush turkeys?
2. What is the lottery theory?
3. To what is the human genome often compared?
4. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
5. Explain the story of the fisherman.
6. What secondary quality do men look for in women?
7. What is perplexing about sexual reproduction?
8. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
9. How does the book begin and why is it important?
10. Why is the book named after the Red Queen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 2
Why has sexual intercourse become a private matter among many humans? Is this a societal constraint that we have imposed on ourselves? Or, is it something that was biologically programmed into us? How does this aspect make us different from other species?
Essay Topic 3
Since Adam and Eve, women have been depicted as the temptresses. They cunningly lead men away from what is good or right. How much of this statement is actually true? Describe how women have been forced to take on the role of the evil character throughout history.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)