|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
4. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
2. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
4. Why are out law genes interesting?
5. What would lead a woman to pick a man based on looks?
6. Explain the story of the fisherman.
7. What does the sexy sons theory say?
8. Why is there a ratio of 1:1 in males and females?
9. What is interesting about the mating skills of the Australian bush turkeys?
10. Why is the history of evolution a never ending arms race?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 2
Most of the time, society dictates the way that women look and behave. How has sexual selection shaped the way women wish to look? How has biology shaped society and cultures? Is biology to blame for the extreme ways that women have shifted themselves to please men as mates?
Essay Topic 3
Male Australian turkeys build spectacular mounds. They build these mounds to attract females. When a female shares a mound with a turkey, she is saying she will give him offspring. In this case, how have mound building skills changed?
What has now become important about mound building skills?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)