Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
2. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
3. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
Short Essay Questions
1. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
2. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
3. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
4. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
5. What do women prefer to be?
6. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
7. To what is the human genome often compared?
8. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
9. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
10. Why do genes exist in the first place?
Essay Topic 1
Who developed the Red Queen Theory and what does the theory say? How does the Red Queen Theory assert itself throughout the history of animals? Give an example of how the Red Queen Theory works.
Essay Topic 2
Ridley asserts that experiences as well as biological changes have made male and female minds different. Does Ridley view this as a negative? In the past, how has this statement been derogatory towards women? How has it made women be seen as unequal in the eyes of men?
Essay Topic 3
Why has the author chosen to write about the Red Queen Theory and the study of human nature? By studying, what does he eventually hope to learn? Do you think that he is successful in his search for knowledge?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)