|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
(a) As a means of survival.
(b) As a means of retaining more knowledge.
(c) As a mechanism to deal with cheater detection.
(d) As a way to work together with other humans.
2. Children who are raised together usually___________.
(a) Have a competitive spirit.
(b) Have an aversion to incest.
(c) Have a .chaotic relationship.
(d) Have a propensity for incest.
3. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(a) The desire to look better than others.
(c) Slow instincts.
(d) Ability to improve themseleves.
4. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
(a) It was never appropriate.
(b) Whenever the parents did not want them to marry.
(c) When large amounts of land were involved.
(d) When the marriage was between unequal partners.
5. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
(b) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
(c) If the group is healthy and functional.
(d) When someone is telling the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
2. What type of success does evolution care about?
3. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
4. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
5. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do women prefer to be?
2. What do men prefer to be?
3. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
4. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
5. What do men universally prefer in their women?
6. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
7. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
8. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
9. What do women universally prefer?
10. What happens if a man thinks his female has been cheating?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)