|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
(b) They are told that it is evil.
(c) They are punished if they attempt it.
(d) They are not told about incest.
2. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
(a) Humans will never scheme against one another.
(b) Protect yourself at all costs, even if you must kill your neighbor.
(c) Neighbors and fellow humans are always against you.
(d) Humans need greater and greater intelligence to scheme better than their neighbors and rivals.
3. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To eat all of the stored food.
(b) To see his many wives.
(c) To escape the females.
(d) To increase the chance of survival.
4. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
(a) They want to preserve their bloodline.
(b) They always see each other.
(c) They are not raised together.
(d) They miss being close to family.
5. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
2. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
3. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
4. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
5. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is male on male violence so detrimental?
2. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
3. What do men universally prefer in their women?
4. What do men prefer to be?
5. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
6. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
7. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
8. What do women universally prefer?
9. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
10. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)