|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From this, what seems clear?
(a) Men and women must have different minds.
(b) Men and women have the same minds.
(c) Men and women should not think they have equal minds.
(d) The minds of women and men are unequal.
2. Our ideas of attractiveness and our sexual inclinations seem to be _________.
(a) Widespread and designed by evolution.
(b) Proven wrong by biology.
(c) Errors in judgement.
3. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
(a) Nurture is more influential than nature.
(b) The two compete.
(c) Nature is more influential than nurture.
(d) Instead of being competitive, the two are complementary to each other.
4. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
5. The author believes that biological evolution and our environments _____________.
(a) Are in constant competition.
(b) Are not compareable.
(c) Cannot possibly ever work together.
(d) Work together to change us.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do women fantasize about?
2. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
3. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
4. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
5. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
3. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
4. What is a good explanation of why male and female brains are different?
5. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
6. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
7. What do men prefer to be?
8. Why else must men be intelligent?
9. When given pictures with landscapes and people, what differences do boys and girls have?
10. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)