|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
(a) Neighbors and fellow humans are always against you.
(b) Humans need greater and greater intelligence to scheme better than their neighbors and rivals.
(c) Humans will never scheme against one another.
(d) Protect yourself at all costs, even if you must kill your neighbor.
2. Our ideas of attractiveness and our sexual inclinations seem to be _________.
(a) Errors in judgement.
(b) Proven wrong by biology.
(c) Widespread and designed by evolution.
3. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
4. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
(a) All of the time.
(d) Only sometimes.
5. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(b) Divorces throughout history.
(c) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(d) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
2. When do women tend to have affairs?
3. What is the development of language?
4. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
5. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
2. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
3. What explanation is given at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What need is human language built around?
5. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
6. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
7. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
8. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
9. What does female physiology support?
10. What do men prefer to be?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)