|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(b) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(c) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(d) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
2. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Biological evolution.
(b) Natural selection.
(c) Survival success.
(d) Sexual rather than survival success.
3. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
(a) A dissertation concerning new ideas.
(b) A discussion between morals.
(c) The potential genetic basis of homosexuality.
(d) A mistaken identity.
4. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(b) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
(c) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
(d) Women from taking on important rules in society.
5. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
2. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
3. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
4. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
5. What age group do men find the most attractive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
2. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
3. From the Red Queen Theory, what do we learn about cheaters?
4. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
5. What is different between humans and primates?
6. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
7. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
8. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
9. What seems to be the best for most women and men and why?
10. When given pictures with landscapes and people, what differences do boys and girls have?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)