|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To increase the chance of survival.
(b) To escape the females.
(c) To see his many wives.
(d) To eat all of the stored food.
2. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
3. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
(a) To work together and create better living surroundings.
(b) Survival of the fittest.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) Natural Selection.
4. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
5. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
(d) Natural ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
2. Why do women like taller men?
3. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
4. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
5. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do women universally prefer?
2. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
3. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
4. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
5. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
6. What do women prefer to be?
7. What do men prefer to be?
8. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
9. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
10. What does female physiology support?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)