|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
(a) The potential genetic basis of homosexuality.
(b) A dissertation concerning new ideas.
(c) A discussion between morals.
(d) A mistaken identity.
2. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(b) Sex drives.
3. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Heterosexual; homosexual.
(b) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(c) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
(d) Homosexual; Homosexual.
4. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
5. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(b) Individual thoughts.
(c) Sexual attraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
2. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
3. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
4. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
5. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the author ends the book, what do we begin to understand about the Red Queen Theory?
2. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
3. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
4. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
5. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
6. What do men prefer to be?
7. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
8. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
9. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
10. What happens to children that do not learn language early?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)