|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do women tend to have affairs?
(a) When they are sad.
(b) When their mate is unfaithful.
(c) When their mate is gone for a long time.
(d) When they are the most fertile.
2. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
(a) As a mechanism to deal with cheater detection.
(b) As a means of retaining more knowledge.
(c) As a way to work together with other humans.
(d) As a means of survival.
3. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
(a) He is homosexual.
(b) He is more feminine.
(c) He is too masculine.
(d) He is bisexual.
4. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Culture; society.
(b) Culture; country.
(c) Society; culture.
(d) Country; culture.
5. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are punished if they attempt it.
(b) They are told that it is evil.
(c) They are not told about incest.
(d) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
2. Why do women need men?
3. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
4. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
5. What type of success does evolution care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do men prefer to be?
2. What do women prefer to be?
3. Unfortunately, what is very common in many primate groups?
4. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
5. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
6. What need is human language built around?
7. When Ridley says that male and female brains are different, what type of tone does he have?
8. Why does the author think that humans developed intelligence?
9. What does female physiology support?
10. Who is the most likely to participate in incest?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)