|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(a) Ability to improve themseleves.
(b) The desire to look better than others.
(d) Slow instincts.
2. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
(a) Romantic and polygamous.
(c) Taller and wittier.
3. Why do women like taller men?
(a) Taller men are more athletic.
(b) Taller men enhance the woman's femininity.
(c) Taller men are stronger.
(d) Taller men can better protect them.
4. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
(a) The ability to distinguish easily between objects and to see certain objects as whole.
(b) The ability to see whole objects distinctly.
(c) The ability to see certain objects as whole.
(d) The ability to distinguish easily between objects.
5. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
(a) Perform the same logical task in a non-social context.
(b) Pick out faithful people.
(c) Pick out cheaters in a social context.
(d) Gossip about friends and neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
2. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
3. Our ideas of attractiveness and our sexual inclinations seem to be _________.
4. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
5. Why do women prefer more intelligent men?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what societies and religions did polygamy flourish long ago?
2. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
3. What does the author think about the debates against nature versus nurture?
4. What do studies on the pine mole show about the differences between male and female pine mole minds?
5. What also seems to work with evolution to create changes in men and women?
6. What is different between humans and primates?
7. When does sexual aversion to one's family occur?
8. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
9. What do women prefer to be?
10. What do men prefer to be?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)