|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lower class individuals tend to have _________.
(a) Male babies.
(b) Less babies.
(c) More babies.
(d) Female babies.
2. What genders are not always needed?
3. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) An inefficient means.
(b) Not an easy way.
(c) An attempt.
(d) Not able.
4. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
(a) Excessive amounts of sperm.
(b) Infidelity in the relationship.
(c) Good genes.
(d) The ability to support her and future children.
5. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
(a) Producing offspring is the goal of all mammals.
(b) How male support continues the species.
(c) Ideal mating conditions are rare.
(d) An example of sexual, rather than natural selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
2. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
4. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secondary quality do men look for in women?
2. What is the tangled bank theory?
3. What does the Martian visitor that observes Earth wonder about?
4. Explain the story of the fisherman.
5. Why is there a ratio of 1:1 in males and females?
6. What is perplexing about sexual reproduction?
7. What would lead a woman to pick a man based on looks?
8. Why are out law genes interesting?
9. Why is the history of evolution a never ending arms race?
10. How do sperm sometimes kill the egg?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)