|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(b) Doctors and scientists.
2. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(a) Completely different offspring.
(b) Smart offspring.
(d) Non functional offspring.
3. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
4. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(c) To be upgraded.
5. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(b) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(c) Only humans, not other organisms.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
2. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
3. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
5. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
2. What is the lottery theory?
3. What does the sexy sons theory say?
4. Why is the book named after the Red Queen?
5. How does the book begin and why is it important?
6. How do sperm sometimes kill the egg?
7. After the Vicar of Bray theory, what did scientists try to prove?
8. Why do males want to be with many females?
9. What does the Martian visitor that observes Earth wonder about?
10. Explain the story of the fisherman.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)