|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak and strong genes.
(b) Weak genes.
(c) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(d) Genes too similar to their parents.
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(b) Males and Females.
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
(a) Number, percentage.
(b) Quality, number.
(c) Percentage, number.
(d) Number, quality.
4. High status individuals tend to have __________.
(a) Female babies.
(b) Male babies.
(c) Less babies.
(d) No babies.
5. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(b) Males that will take care of them.
(c) Intelligent males.
(d) Males who are attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
2. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
3. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
5. What is lekking?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Vicar of Bray theory, what did scientists try to prove?
2. From a biologist's point of view, why is sexual reproduction not as successful as asexual?
3. When is it even more important for a female to find a good mate?
4. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
5. How would a pre-Darwin think explain why giraffes have long necks?
6. Explain the story of the fisherman.
7. To what is the human genome often compared?
8. What would lead a woman to pick a man based on looks?
9. How do sperm sometimes kill the egg?
10. Why is the history of evolution a never ending arms race?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)