Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(b) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(c) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(d) The clone population will be wiped out.
2. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) A male that promises to stay around.
(c) The ability to keep her safe.
(d) External factors, like male attractiveness.
3. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Same-sex Reproduction.
(b) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
2. Who cannot compete with males?
3. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
4. What do the females of this same group prefer?
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What biological incentives are passed down to many males?
2. What does the Red Queen Theory state?
3. What did Freud believe concerning incest?
4. Why are societies no longer polygamous?
5. What do women prefer to be?
6. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
7. To what is the human genome often compared?
8. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
9. Over the milennia, how have men and women evolved?
10. Why do genes exist in the first place?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)