|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Asexual reproduction is easier.
3. Why do genes exist?
(a) They are the descendants of previous genes.
(b) They pass viruses down.
(c) They insure that the species survives.
(d) They are used to carry DNA mappings.
4. High status individuals tend to have __________.
(a) Less babies.
(b) Male babies.
(c) Female babies.
(d) No babies.
5. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
(a) The kangeroo story.
(b) The story of the fisherman.
(c) The story of the salesman.
(d) The story of the gazelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
2. Who created the tangled bank theory?
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
4. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
5. What are out law genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the history of evolution a never ending arms race?
2. Explain the story of the fisherman.
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
4. Why are out law genes interesting?
5. What is perplexing about sexual reproduction?
6. What does sexual reproduction mostly consist of?
7. Why do males want to be with many females?
8. Why is there a ratio of 1:1 in males and females?
9. How do sperm sometimes kill the egg?
10. What is interesting about the creator of the Vicar of Bray creator?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)