|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do males harm themselves?
(a) Status games.
(c) Uneasy violence and status games.
(d) Uneasy violence.
2. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
(a) Females will always choose the most attractive man.
(b) Sons will be the most attractive if the two parents are very attractive.
(c) Males will always choose the most attractive woman.
(d) Sons are always sexier than daughters.
3. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(c) Asexual reproduction.
4. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
5. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Red Queen Theory.
(b) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(c) The Blue Book Theory.
(d) The King's Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
2. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
3. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
5. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is perplexing about sexual reproduction?
2. What is interesting about the mating skills of the Australian bush turkeys?
3. Why is there a ratio of 1:1 in males and females?
4. Who developed the Red Queen Theory?
5. Why do males want to be with many females?
6. Why is the history of evolution a never ending arms race?
7. To what is the human genome often compared?
8. What is the lottery theory?
9. What does the Martian visitor that observes Earth wonder about?
10. What is the tangled bank theory?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)