|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(a) Ability to improve themseleves.
(b) The desire to look better than others.
(c) Slow instincts.
2. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
3. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) If the group is healthy and functional.
(b) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
(c) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
(d) When someone is telling the truth.
4. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
(a) As a means of survival.
(b) As a way to work together with other humans.
(c) As a mechanism to deal with cheater detection.
(d) As a means of retaining more knowledge.
5. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 40 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
6. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
(a) Female physiology.
(b) Studies that prove that women are unfaithful.
(c) Female thoughts.
(d) Female actions.
7. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
8. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In celibacy.
(b) In monogamy.
(c) In polygamy.
(d) In adultery .
9. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
(a) Their family's acceptance.
(b) Maintaining fidelity.
(c) Incest between family members.
(d) Dismissing infidelity.
10. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To see his many wives.
(b) To eat all of the stored food.
(c) To increase the chance of survival.
(d) To escape the females.
11. What is negative about having many females?
(a) Too many children are born.
(b) It is too time consuming.
(c) They do not get along with each other.
(d) It is very expensive.
12. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(c) Sex drives.
13. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Evolution's success.
(c) Survival success.
(d) Sexual selection.
14. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
15. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are not told about incest.
(b) They are told that it is evil.
(c) They are punished if they attempt it.
(d) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age group do men find the most attractive?
2. What type of success does evolution care about?
3. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
4. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
5. Instead of this aspect, what are men really wanting as they are driven by biology?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)