|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation does the author make against women?
(a) They wish to spend all of a man's money.
(b) They hate seeing men happy.
(c) They enjoy adulterous affairs.
(d) They like making men's lives difficult.
2. What is clear about what women want in a mate?
(a) High status men that have the ability to rise in the status hierarchy.
(b) Middle class men.
(c) Men who are smart but have no chance of rising in status.
(d) Men who are thin.
3. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
4. Why do women need men?
(a) To educate their children.
(b) To help raise and provide for their children.
(c) To continue making children.
(d) To be lifetime partners.
5. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
(a) No one.
(b) Cosmides and Tooby.
6. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Biological evolution.
(b) Survival success.
(c) Sexual rather than survival success.
(d) Natural selection.
7. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
(a) All of the time.
(b) Only sometimes.
8. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
(a) Dismissing infidelity.
(b) Their family's acceptance.
(c) Maintaining fidelity.
(d) Incest between family members.
9. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(b) Sexual attraction.
(d) Individual thoughts.
10. Children who are raised together usually___________.
(a) Have a .chaotic relationship.
(b) Have a propensity for incest.
(c) Have a competitive spirit.
(d) Have an aversion to incest.
11. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) Three fourths.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) Two thirds.
12. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(b) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(c) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(d) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
13. What combination do people find mostly attractive?
(b) Youth, fertility, and facial symmetry.
(c) Facial symmetry.
14. What determines whether a child is French or English speaking?
(a) The geographical location of their birth.
(b) Their experiences (nature).
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their free will.
15. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
2. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
3. What age group do men find the most attractive?
4. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
5. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)