|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
2. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
(a) Particulars; the abstract.
(b) Abstractly; particulars.
(c) Generalities; particulars.
(d) Abstractly; generalities.
3. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
(d) Extreme Mormonism.
4. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Heterosexual; homosexual.
(b) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
(c) Homosexual; Homosexual.
(d) Homosexual; heterosexual.
5. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
6. What tends to stay private between humans?
7. What do genes provide?
(a) The basis for the limits and the capabilities of humans.
(b) The survival of a species.
(c) A holding tank for DNA.
(d) Positive traits to pass down.
8. When do women tend to have affairs?
(a) When they are the most fertile.
(b) When they are sad.
(c) When their mate is unfaithful.
(d) When their mate is gone for a long time.
9. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
(b) It is much less expensive.
(c) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
(d) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
10. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To escape the females.
(b) To eat all of the stored food.
(c) To see his many wives.
(d) To increase the chance of survival.
11. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
(a) Studies that prove that women are unfaithful.
(b) Female thoughts.
(c) Female physiology.
(d) Female actions.
12. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
(a) Verbal tasks.
(c) Physical activity.
13. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(b) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(c) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(d) No, because cousins are not closely related.
14. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
15. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
2. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
3. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
4. What is the development of language?
5. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)