|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
(c) Taller and wittier.
(d) Romantic and polygamous.
2. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
3. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Biological evolution.
(b) Natural selection.
(c) Sexual rather than survival success.
(d) Survival success.
4. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
(b) A dose of testosterone.
(d) A dose of progesterone.
5. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
6. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(a) Sexual attraction.
(c) Individual thoughts.
7. Children who are raised together usually___________.
(a) Have a competitive spirit.
(b) Have an aversion to incest.
(c) Have a propensity for incest.
(d) Have a .chaotic relationship.
8. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
9. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
10. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Pagan groups.
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Government groups.
11. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
12. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To increase the chance of survival.
(b) To see his many wives.
(c) To eat all of the stored food.
(d) To escape the females.
13. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(b) Sex drives.
14. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(b) Homosexual; Homosexual.
(c) Heterosexual; homosexual.
(d) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
15. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are punished if they attempt it.
(b) They are not told about incest.
(c) They are told that it is evil.
(d) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
2. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
3. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
4. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
5. How do women prefer to live with men?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)