|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Sexual rather than survival success.
(b) Survival success.
(c) Biological evolution.
(d) Natural selection.
2. Why do women need men?
(a) To educate their children.
(b) To continue making children.
(c) To help raise and provide for their children.
(d) To be lifetime partners.
3. What is the development of language?
(a) A basic need for human evolution.
(b) A basic need for survival of the species.
(c) A need for humans to spread gossip about sexual partners.
(d) A basic need for courtship.
4. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Homosexual; Homosexual.
(b) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(c) Heterosexual; homosexual.
(d) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
5. Most modern societies are _________.
6. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
7. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
(a) The two compete.
(b) Nature is more influential than nurture.
(c) Nurture is more influential than nature.
(d) Instead of being competitive, the two are complementary to each other.
8. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) If the group is healthy and functional.
(b) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
(c) When someone is telling the truth.
(d) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
9. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
10. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) More women to mate with.
(b) More land.
(c) More ability to bring in food.
(d) Subjects that behave well.
11. What determines whether a child is French or English speaking?
(a) Their free will.
(b) Their experiences (nature).
(c) Their mother.
(d) The geographical location of their birth.
12. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
13. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
14. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
(d) Natural ability.
15. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
(b) They are not told about incest.
(c) They are told that it is evil.
(d) They are punished if they attempt it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
2. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
3. How do women prefer to live with men?
4. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
5. What age group do men find the most attractive?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)