|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
(c) Extreme Mormonism.
2. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
(b) If the group is healthy and functional.
(c) When someone is telling the truth.
(d) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
3. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
(a) Cosmides and Tooby.
(c) No one.
4. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(a) Sex drives.
5. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(a) The desire to look better than others.
(b) Ability to improve themseleves.
(d) Slow instincts.
6. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(b) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(c) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(d) No, because cousins are not closely related.
7. What do women fantasize about?
(a) A smaller number of men.
(b) Being alone.
(c) A large number of men.
(d) Having children.
8. Children who are raised together usually___________.
(a) Have a propensity for incest.
(b) Have an aversion to incest.
(c) Have a .chaotic relationship.
(d) Have a competitive spirit.
9. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
(a) They enjoy sex.
(b) They want to have many father options.
(c) Males will not know which child is his, so he will protect all of them.
(d) It is part of choosing the most ideal mate.
10. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
(b) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
(c) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(d) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
11. Most modern societies are _________.
12. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
(a) Only sometimes.
(c) All of the time.
13. Our ideas of attractiveness and our sexual inclinations seem to be _________.
(a) Proven wrong by biology.
(b) Widespread and designed by evolution.
(c) Errors in judgement.
14. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) Subjects that behave well.
(b) More women to mate with.
(c) More ability to bring in food.
(d) More land.
15. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Women from taking on important rules in society.
(b) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(c) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
(d) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
2. How do males fantasize?
3. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
4. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
5. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)