|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
(a) Evolution's success.
(b) Natural selection.
(c) Survival success.
(d) Sexual selection.
2. What is the development of language?
(a) A need for humans to spread gossip about sexual partners.
(b) A basic need for courtship.
(c) A basic need for human evolution.
(d) A basic need for survival of the species.
3. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In celibacy.
(b) In adultery .
(c) In polygamy.
(d) In monogamy.
4. From this, what seems clear?
(a) Men and women should not think they have equal minds.
(b) The minds of women and men are unequal.
(c) Men and women must have different minds.
(d) Men and women have the same minds.
5. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
(a) Pick out faithful people.
(b) Perform the same logical task in a non-social context.
(c) Pick out cheaters in a social context.
(d) Gossip about friends and neighbors.
6. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
(a) The people must live with their many wives and support them.
(b) To make having multiple wives legal.
(c) People were given divorces if they were unhappy.
(d) Prevent sex and divorce among the upper class.
7. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
(a) Yes, because it is what women want.
(b) No, because only money matters.
(c) Yes, but only if you have money, too.
(d) Yes, but only if you have a formal education.
8. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
(b) Natural ability.
9. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(b) Natural selection.
(d) Biological selection.
10. What tends to stay private between humans?
11. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) More women to mate with.
(b) More land.
(c) More ability to bring in food.
(d) Subjects that behave well.
12. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(b) Individual thoughts.
(d) Sexual attraction.
13. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) Two thirds.
(b) One half.
(c) Three fourths.
(d) One third.
14. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
(a) Telling stories about their sexual lives.
(c) Romance novels.
(d) Female pornography.
15. The author believes that biological evolution and our environments _____________.
(a) Cannot possibly ever work together.
(b) Work together to change us.
(c) Are not compareable.
(d) Are in constant competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
2. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
3. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
4. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
5. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)