|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Sexual rather than survival success.
(b) Biological evolution.
(c) Natural selection.
(d) Survival success.
2. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
3. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) The female's superiority.
(b) Natural selection
(c) The male's superiority.
(d) Sexual selection.
4. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
(a) Ideal husband for reproduction and reproductive partners on the sly.
(b) They want an ideal husband.
(c) Females do not want to have babies.
(d) Women only want many partners to make the best babies.
5. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
(a) Physical activity.
(c) Verbal tasks.
6. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
7. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
8. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
(a) The people must live with their many wives and support them.
(b) People were given divorces if they were unhappy.
(c) To make having multiple wives legal.
(d) Prevent sex and divorce among the upper class.
9. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(b) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
(c) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(d) Divorces throughout history.
10. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
(a) Female pornography.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Telling stories about their sexual lives.
11. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(b) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(c) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(d) No, because cousins are not closely related.
12. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Society; culture.
(b) Culture; society.
(c) Culture; country.
(d) Country; culture.
13. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
(a) The ability to see certain objects as whole.
(b) The ability to distinguish easily between objects.
(c) The ability to distinguish easily between objects and to see certain objects as whole.
(d) The ability to see whole objects distinctly.
14. How do males fantasize?
(a) They concentrate on the sexual act itself.
(b) They only think about one woman.
(c) They think of several women.
(d) They do not fantasize.
15. What do male primates do to their female's children who are not also their children?
(a) Take care of all the children.
(b) Kill the female for having children from another mate.
(c) Kill the children that are not their own.
(d) Ignore the children who are not their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do women tend to have affairs?
2. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
3. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
4. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
5. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)