|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
(a) The people must live with their many wives and support them.
(b) To make having multiple wives legal.
(c) Prevent sex and divorce among the upper class.
(d) People were given divorces if they were unhappy.
2. Which type of women are the most attractive to men?
(a) Kinder women.
(b) Fatter women.
(c) Taller women.
(d) Thinner women.
3. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
(b) Physical activity.
(c) Verbal tasks.
(d) Being Angry.
4. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
(b) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
(c) Women from taking on important rules in society.
(d) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
5. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(b) The desire to look better than others.
(c) Ability to improve themseleves.
(d) Slow instincts.
6. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(b) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(c) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(d) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
7. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
8. What age group do men find the most attractive?
(a) Women in their late teens.
(b) Women in their Thirties.
(c) Women in their forties.
(d) Women in their twenties.
9. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) If the group is healthy and functional.
(b) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
(c) When someone is telling the truth.
(d) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
10. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
(a) Yes, but only if you have money, too.
(b) No, because only money matters.
(c) Yes, but only if you have a formal education.
(d) Yes, because it is what women want.
11. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) Natural selection
(b) The female's superiority.
(c) The male's superiority.
(d) Sexual selection.
12. What do genes provide?
(a) The basis for the limits and the capabilities of humans.
(b) A holding tank for DNA.
(c) Positive traits to pass down.
(d) The survival of a species.
13. When do women tend to have affairs?
(a) When they are sad.
(b) When they are the most fertile.
(c) When their mate is gone for a long time.
(d) When their mate is unfaithful.
14. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
(a) Women only want many partners to make the best babies.
(b) They want an ideal husband.
(c) Females do not want to have babies.
(d) Ideal husband for reproduction and reproductive partners on the sly.
15. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
(b) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(c) Divorces throughout history.
(d) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Children who are raised together usually___________.
2. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
3. Why do women need men?
4. What is negative about having many females?
5. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)