|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the development of language?
(a) A basic need for courtship.
(b) A basic need for survival of the species.
(c) A basic need for human evolution.
(d) A need for humans to spread gossip about sexual partners.
2. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) Two thirds.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) Three fourths.
3. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
(d) Providing for their mates.
4. When was polygamy stamped out?
(a) Religion decided it wanted exclusive marriage.
(b) When women protested it.
(c) As governments solidified the institution of marriage.
(d) The people demanded it.
5. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
6. Most modern societies are _________.
7. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
(a) As a means of retaining more knowledge.
(b) As a means of survival.
(c) As a way to work together with other humans.
(d) As a mechanism to deal with cheater detection.
8. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In polygamy.
(b) In celibacy.
(c) In monogamy.
(d) In adultery .
9. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(b) It is much less expensive.
(c) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
(d) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
10. Why do women need men?
(a) To be lifetime partners.
(b) To help raise and provide for their children.
(c) To continue making children.
(d) To educate their children.
11. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(b) The desire to look better than others.
(c) Slow instincts.
(d) Ability to improve themseleves.
12. Why do women prefer more intelligent men?
(a) They make more money.
(b) They are less boring.
(c) They are less intimidating.
(d) They can be funny.
13. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
14. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
(c) A dose of progesterone.
(d) A dose of testosterone.
15. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
(a) The two compete.
(b) Nature is more influential than nurture.
(c) Nurture is more influential than nature.
(d) Instead of being competitive, the two are complementary to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
2. What accusation does the author make against women?
3. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
4. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
5. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)