|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(b) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(c) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(d) Yes, because cousins are too close.
2. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Religious groups.
(b) Government groups.
(c) Pagan groups.
(d) Kings and queens.
3. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
4. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
(a) Sexual selection.
(b) To work together and create better living surroundings.
(c) Survival of the fittest.
(d) Natural Selection.
5. What is the development of language?
(a) A basic need for survival of the species.
(b) A basic need for human evolution.
(c) A basic need for courtship.
(d) A need for humans to spread gossip about sexual partners.
6. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
(a) Prevent sex and divorce among the upper class.
(b) To make having multiple wives legal.
(c) People were given divorces if they were unhappy.
(d) The people must live with their many wives and support them.
7. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) More land.
(b) Subjects that behave well.
(c) More ability to bring in food.
(d) More women to mate with.
8. When do women tend to have affairs?
(a) When they are sad.
(b) When their mate is unfaithful.
(c) When their mate is gone for a long time.
(d) When they are the most fertile.
9. What is negative about having many females?
(a) It is too time consuming.
(b) They do not get along with each other.
(c) Too many children are born.
(d) It is very expensive.
10. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Culture; country.
(b) Country; culture.
(c) Society; culture.
(d) Culture; society.
11. From this, what seems clear?
(a) Men and women have the same minds.
(b) The minds of women and men are unequal.
(c) Men and women should not think they have equal minds.
(d) Men and women must have different minds.
12. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
(a) Extreme Mormonism.
13. When was polygamy stamped out?
(a) The people demanded it.
(b) Religion decided it wanted exclusive marriage.
(c) As governments solidified the institution of marriage.
(d) When women protested it.
14. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
(a) Romantic and polygamous.
(c) Taller and wittier.
15. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(b) Divorces throughout history.
(c) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(d) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
2. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
3. How do women prefer to live with men?
4. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
5. How did males evolve?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)