|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
(a) Female actions.
(b) Studies that prove that women are unfaithful.
(c) Female physiology.
(d) Female thoughts.
2. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
(a) To work together and create better living surroundings.
(b) Survival of the fittest.
(c) Natural Selection.
(d) Sexual selection.
3. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(b) Ability to improve themseleves.
(c) Slow instincts.
(d) The desire to look better than others.
4. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
5. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
(a) As a means of survival.
(b) As a mechanism to deal with cheater detection.
(c) As a means of retaining more knowledge.
(d) As a way to work together with other humans.
6. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
7. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
(a) The ability to see certain objects as whole.
(b) The ability to see whole objects distinctly.
(c) The ability to distinguish easily between objects.
(d) The ability to distinguish easily between objects and to see certain objects as whole.
8. When do women tend to have affairs?
(a) When their mate is unfaithful.
(b) When they are the most fertile.
(c) When their mate is gone for a long time.
(d) When they are sad.
9. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
(c) Providing for their mates.
10. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
11. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Kings and queens.
(b) Government groups.
(c) Pagan groups.
(d) Religious groups.
12. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Fathers and daughters.
(b) Brothers and sisters.
(c) Uncles and nieces.
(d) Mothers and sons.
13. Does it pay to be intelligent and witty?
(a) No, because only money matters.
(b) Yes, because it is what women want.
(c) Yes, but only if you have money, too.
(d) Yes, but only if you have a formal education.
14. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
(c) Natural ability.
15. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
(b) Being Angry.
(c) Verbal tasks.
(d) Physical activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
2. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
3. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
4. The author believes that biological evolution and our environments _____________.
5. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)