|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
(a) They want to preserve their bloodline.
(b) They miss being close to family.
(c) They are not raised together.
(d) They always see each other.
2. Which type of women are the most attractive to men?
(a) Taller women.
(b) Fatter women.
(c) Thinner women.
(d) Kinder women.
3. From this, what seems clear?
(a) Men and women should not think they have equal minds.
(b) The minds of women and men are unequal.
(c) Men and women have the same minds.
(d) Men and women must have different minds.
4. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Fathers and daughters.
(b) Uncles and nieces.
(c) Mothers and sons.
(d) Brothers and sisters.
5. Why do women like taller men?
(a) Taller men can better protect them.
(b) Taller men enhance the woman's femininity.
(c) Taller men are stronger.
(d) Taller men are more athletic.
6. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
(a) Humans will never scheme against one another.
(b) Neighbors and fellow humans are always against you.
(c) Protect yourself at all costs, even if you must kill your neighbor.
(d) Humans need greater and greater intelligence to scheme better than their neighbors and rivals.
7. Most modern societies are _________.
8. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) Natural selection
(b) The female's superiority.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) The male's superiority.
9. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
(c) A dose of testosterone.
(d) A dose of progesterone.
10. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
(a) A mistaken identity.
(b) The potential genetic basis of homosexuality.
(c) A discussion between morals.
(d) A dissertation concerning new ideas.
11. What do genes provide?
(a) A holding tank for DNA.
(b) The survival of a species.
(c) The basis for the limits and the capabilities of humans.
(d) Positive traits to pass down.
12. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To see his many wives.
(b) To increase the chance of survival.
(c) To eat all of the stored food.
(d) To escape the females.
13. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
(a) Studies that prove that women are unfaithful.
(b) Female thoughts.
(c) Female physiology.
(d) Female actions.
14. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(c) Biological selection.
(d) Natural selection.
15. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
2. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
3. How do males fantasize?
4. What type of success does evolution care about?
5. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)