|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(b) Sex drives.
2. How do males fantasize?
(a) They only think about one woman.
(b) They concentrate on the sexual act itself.
(c) They think of several women.
(d) They do not fantasize.
3. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
(a) Survival of the fittest.
(b) Sexual selection.
(c) To work together and create better living surroundings.
(d) Natural Selection.
4. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Kings and queens.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Pagan groups.
(d) Government groups.
5. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Uncles and nieces.
(b) Mothers and sons.
(c) Fathers and daughters.
(d) Brothers and sisters.
6. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
7. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
(b) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
(c) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(d) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
8. Our ideas of attractiveness and our sexual inclinations seem to be _________.
(b) Widespread and designed by evolution.
(c) Proven wrong by biology.
(d) Errors in judgement.
9. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
(b) If the group is healthy and functional.
(c) When someone is telling the truth.
(d) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
10. What is the development of language?
(a) A need for humans to spread gossip about sexual partners.
(b) A basic need for human evolution.
(c) A basic need for courtship.
(d) A basic need for survival of the species.
11. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
(a) He is bisexual.
(b) He is homosexual.
(c) He is too masculine.
(d) He is more feminine.
12. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Women from taking on important rules in society.
(b) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
(c) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(d) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
13. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
(c) Cosmides and Tooby.
(d) No one.
14. What is clear about what women want in a mate?
(a) Men who are thin.
(b) Middle class men.
(c) Men who are smart but have no chance of rising in status.
(d) High status men that have the ability to rise in the status hierarchy.
15. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
2. Why do women like taller men?
3. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
4. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
5. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)