|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
(a) Survival of the fittest.
(b) Natural Selection.
(c) Sexual selection.
(d) To work together and create better living surroundings.
2. Why do women need men?
(a) To educate their children.
(b) To help raise and provide for their children.
(c) To continue making children.
(d) To be lifetime partners.
3. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Uncles and nieces.
(b) Brothers and sisters.
(c) Mothers and sons.
(d) Fathers and daughters.
4. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(b) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(c) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(d) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
5. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
6. Young girls show a propensity for _________.
(c) Verbal tasks.
(d) Physical activity.
7. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
(a) No one.
(c) Cosmides and Tooby.
8. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
(a) Nature is more influential than nurture.
(b) Instead of being competitive, the two are complementary to each other.
(c) Nurture is more influential than nature.
(d) The two compete.
9. Instead of this aspect, what are men really wanting as they are driven by biology?
(a) Waist to hip ratio of a women.
(b) Broader shoulders.
(c) Larger breasts.
(d) Larger feet.
10. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
11. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
(a) Romance novels.
(b) Female pornography.
(d) Telling stories about their sexual lives.
12. What is the development of language?
(a) A basic need for human evolution.
(b) A need for humans to spread gossip about sexual partners.
(c) A basic need for courtship.
(d) A basic need for survival of the species.
13. What do women fantasize about?
(a) A large number of men.
(b) Being alone.
(c) A smaller number of men.
(d) Having children.
14. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(b) Biological selection.
(c) Natural selection.
15. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
2. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
3. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
4. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
5. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)