|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
2. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) Natural selection
(b) Sexual selection.
(c) The female's superiority.
(d) The male's superiority.
3. Why do women like taller men?
(a) Taller men can better protect them.
(b) Taller men are more athletic.
(c) Taller men enhance the woman's femininity.
(d) Taller men are stronger.
4. Our ideas of attractiveness and our sexual inclinations seem to be _________.
(a) Widespread and designed by evolution.
(c) Proven wrong by biology.
(d) Errors in judgement.
5. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
6. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are not told about incest.
(b) They are told that it is evil.
(c) They are punished if they attempt it.
(d) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
7. Why do women need men?
(a) To continue making children.
(b) To be lifetime partners.
(c) To help raise and provide for their children.
(d) To educate their children.
8. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
(a) When the marriage was between unequal partners.
(b) Whenever the parents did not want them to marry.
(c) When large amounts of land were involved.
(d) It was never appropriate.
9. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(d) Sex drives.
10. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
(a) The people must live with their many wives and support them.
(b) To make having multiple wives legal.
(c) People were given divorces if they were unhappy.
(d) Prevent sex and divorce among the upper class.
11. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(b) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(c) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(d) No, because cousins are not closely related.
12. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Mothers and sons.
(b) Fathers and daughters.
(c) Brothers and sisters.
(d) Uncles and nieces.
13. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
(a) The ability to distinguish easily between objects.
(b) The ability to distinguish easily between objects and to see certain objects as whole.
(c) The ability to see certain objects as whole.
(d) The ability to see whole objects distinctly.
14. Children who are raised together usually___________.
(a) Have a .chaotic relationship.
(b) Have a propensity for incest.
(c) Have a competitive spirit.
(d) Have an aversion to incest.
15. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Government groups.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Pagan groups.
(d) Kings and queens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
2. What is clear about what women want in a mate?
3. New evidence suggests that much of human learning is developed through __________.
4. What combination do people find mostly attractive?
5. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)