|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(b) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
(c) Heterosexual; homosexual.
(d) Homosexual; Homosexual.
2. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
3. How do males fantasize?
(a) They do not fantasize.
(b) They only think about one woman.
(c) They think of several women.
(d) They concentrate on the sexual act itself.
4. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
(a) Providing for their mates.
5. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
(a) To work together and create better living surroundings.
(b) Sexual selection.
(c) Natural Selection.
(d) Survival of the fittest.
6. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
7. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In polygamy.
(b) In celibacy.
(c) In monogamy.
(d) In adultery .
8. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Fathers and daughters.
(b) Brothers and sisters.
(c) Mothers and sons.
(d) Uncles and nieces.
9. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
(a) The ability to see whole objects distinctly.
(b) The ability to distinguish easily between objects and to see certain objects as whole.
(c) The ability to see certain objects as whole.
(d) The ability to distinguish easily between objects.
10. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
(a) All of the time.
(b) Only sometimes.
11. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
(a) Being Angry.
(b) Physical activity.
(c) Verbal tasks.
12. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) When someone is telling the truth.
(b) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
(c) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
(d) If the group is healthy and functional.
13. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(b) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
(c) Divorces throughout history.
(d) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
14. What accusation does the author make against women?
(a) They like making men's lives difficult.
(b) They enjoy adulterous affairs.
(c) They hate seeing men happy.
(d) They wish to spend all of a man's money.
15. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
(b) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(c) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
(d) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
2. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
3. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
4. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
5. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)