|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
(a) When the marriage was between unequal partners.
(b) When large amounts of land were involved.
(c) Whenever the parents did not want them to marry.
(d) It was never appropriate.
2. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To see his many wives.
(b) To eat all of the stored food.
(c) To increase the chance of survival.
(d) To escape the females.
3. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(b) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(c) Yes, because cousins are too close.
(d) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
4. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
(a) Providing for their mates.
5. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
(a) If the group is healthy and functional.
(b) When one group member is cheating or breaking the rules
(c) When someone is telling the truth.
(d) If someone has ill feelings toward someone else.
6. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
(a) Cosmides and Tooby.
(d) No one.
7. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Sexual rather than survival success.
(c) Survival success.
(d) Biological evolution.
8. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
9. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Women from taking on important rules in society.
(b) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(c) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
(d) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
10. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
(b) Taller and wittier.
(d) Romantic and polygamous.
11. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
(a) Humans will never scheme against one another.
(b) Neighbors and fellow humans are always against you.
(c) Humans need greater and greater intelligence to scheme better than their neighbors and rivals.
(d) Protect yourself at all costs, even if you must kill your neighbor.
12. When do women tend to have affairs?
(a) When they are the most fertile.
(b) When they are sad.
(c) When their mate is unfaithful.
(d) When their mate is gone for a long time.
13. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
(a) Pick out cheaters in a social context.
(b) Pick out faithful people.
(c) Perform the same logical task in a non-social context.
(d) Gossip about friends and neighbors.
14. What do women fantasize about?
(a) Having children.
(b) Being alone.
(c) A large number of men.
(d) A smaller number of men.
15. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
2. Why do women need men?
3. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
4. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
5. How do women prefer to live with men?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)