|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
(a) It was never appropriate.
(b) When large amounts of land were involved.
(c) When the marriage was between unequal partners.
(d) Whenever the parents did not want them to marry.
2. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
3. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
(b) Extreme Mormonism.
4. Why do women prefer more intelligent men?
(a) They can be funny.
(b) They are less boring.
(c) They make more money.
(d) They are less intimidating.
5. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In monogamy.
(b) In adultery .
(c) In polygamy.
(d) In celibacy.
6. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
(b) They are not told about incest.
(c) They are told that it is evil.
(d) They are punished if they attempt it.
7. What would the author like us to believe concerning nature versus nurture?
(a) Nature is more influential than nurture.
(b) The two compete.
(c) Nurture is more influential than nature.
(d) Instead of being competitive, the two are complementary to each other.
8. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
(a) Abstractly; generalities.
(b) Abstractly; particulars.
(c) Particulars; the abstract.
(d) Generalities; particulars.
9. Our notions of beauty do not seem to be _________.
10. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
(a) The ability to distinguish easily between objects and to see certain objects as whole.
(b) The ability to distinguish easily between objects.
(c) The ability to see whole objects distinctly.
(d) The ability to see certain objects as whole.
11. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
12. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) Subjects that behave well.
(b) More ability to bring in food.
(c) More women to mate with.
(d) More land.
13. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
(a) Telling stories about their sexual lives.
(b) Female pornography.
(c) Romance novels.
14. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(b) Sex drives.
15. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
(a) Female physiology.
(b) Female thoughts.
(c) Female actions.
(d) Studies that prove that women are unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
2. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
3. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
4. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
5. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)