Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
(a) Individual thoughts.
(b) Sexual attraction.
2. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
(a) Humans will never scheme against one another.
(b) Neighbors and fellow humans are always against you.
(c) Humans need greater and greater intelligence to scheme better than their neighbors and rivals.
(d) Protect yourself at all costs, even if you must kill your neighbor.
3. What accusation does the author make against women?
(a) They like making men's lives difficult.
(b) They enjoy adulterous affairs.
(c) They hate seeing men happy.
(d) They wish to spend all of a man's money.
4. In a landscape what will girls pick out as being important?
5. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(b) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
(c) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
(d) It is much less expensive.
6. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(c) Sex drives.
7. Incest is most prevalent between___________.
(a) Brothers and sisters.
(b) Uncles and nieces.
(c) Mothers and sons.
(d) Fathers and daughters.
8. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(b) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(c) Divorces throughout history.
(d) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
9. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
10. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(b) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
(c) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
(d) Women from taking on important rules in society.
11. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
(b) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(c) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
(d) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
12. From this, what seems clear?
(a) The minds of women and men are unequal.
(b) Men and women must have different minds.
(c) Men and women should not think they have equal minds.
(d) Men and women have the same minds.
13. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
(a) Telling stories about their sexual lives.
(b) Female pornography.
(d) Romance novels.
14. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To escape the females.
(b) To eat all of the stored food.
(c) To increase the chance of survival.
(d) To see his many wives.
15. Why do women need men?
(a) To educate their children.
(b) To be lifetime partners.
(c) To help raise and provide for their children.
(d) To continue making children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
2. When do women tend to have affairs?
3. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
4. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
5. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)