|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was polygamy stamped out?
(a) The people demanded it.
(b) As governments solidified the institution of marriage.
(c) When women protested it.
(d) Religion decided it wanted exclusive marriage.
2. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
(b) They are punished if they attempt it.
(c) They are not told about incest.
(d) They are told that it is evil.
3. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
(a) The potential genetic basis of homosexuality.
(b) A mistaken identity.
(c) A dissertation concerning new ideas.
(d) A discussion between morals.
4. What do women fantasize about?
(a) A large number of men.
(b) A smaller number of men.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Having children.
5. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
(a) Taller and wittier.
(b) Romantic and polygamous.
6. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
7. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) The female's superiority.
(b) The male's superiority.
(c) Natural selection
(d) Sexual selection.
8. What accusation does the author make against women?
(a) They hate seeing men happy.
(b) They wish to spend all of a man's money.
(c) They like making men's lives difficult.
(d) They enjoy adulterous affairs.
9. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
(a) Only sometimes.
(b) All of the time.
10. What combination do people find mostly attractive?
(a) Facial symmetry.
(d) Youth, fertility, and facial symmetry.
11. Are there strong taboos against cousin marriage?
(a) No, because cousins are not closely related.
(b) Yes, but it depends on the culture.
(c) Less harsh taboos because cousins are not raised together.
(d) Yes, because cousins are too close.
12. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
(b) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(c) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
(d) It is much less expensive.
13. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
14. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Biological evolution.
(b) Sexual rather than survival success.
(c) Survival success.
(d) Natural selection.
15. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Culture; society.
(b) Culture; country.
(c) Society; culture.
(d) Country; culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
2. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
3. According to Freud, a human's tendency is toward _________.
4. Most modern societies are _________.
5. What age group do men find the most attractive?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)