|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To see his many wives.
(b) To increase the chance of survival.
(c) To eat all of the stored food.
(d) To escape the females.
2. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
3. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
4. Humans tend to be natural _________ who are able to predict and read the intentions of other people fairly easily.
5. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
(a) Whenever the parents did not want them to marry.
(b) When large amounts of land were involved.
(c) It was never appropriate.
(d) When the marriage was between unequal partners.
6. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In polygamy.
(b) In adultery .
(c) In celibacy.
(d) In monogamy.
7. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
8. What is a common suggestion for why people need intelligence?
(a) Slow instincts.
(c) Ability to improve themseleves.
(d) The desire to look better than others.
9. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(a) Biological selection.
(c) Natural selection.
10. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
(b) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
(c) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(d) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
11. What type of male do women find the most attractive?
(b) Taller and wittier.
(d) Romantic and polygamous.
12. What do genes provide?
(a) The survival of a species.
(b) The basis for the limits and the capabilities of humans.
(c) A holding tank for DNA.
(d) Positive traits to pass down.
13. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) More land.
(b) More women to mate with.
(c) Subjects that behave well.
(d) More ability to bring in food.
14. How did males evolve?
(a) Waiting for females.
(c) Simultaneously with females.
(d) With much difficulty.
15. Male and female brains are different because of __________.
(a) The male's superiority.
(b) Natural selection
(c) The female's superiority.
(d) Sexual selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
2. Young boys show a propensity for __________.
3. What combination do people find mostly attractive?
4. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
5. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)