|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are transposons?
(c) Out law genes.
(d) Weaker genes.
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(c) Males and Females.
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak and strong genes.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(d) Weak genes.
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(b) Only humans, not other organisms.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(d) No one.
5. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
(c) Chinese and Indian.
6. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(b) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(c) The organism decided to self replicate.
(d) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
7. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Being faithful to one female.
(b) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(c) Impregnating as many women as possible.
(d) Being a good father.
8. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(c) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(d) Doctors and scientists.
9. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) How they got to be the way they are.
(b) Where humans live.
(c) Why humans are the way they are.
(d) A way to study humans without them knowing.
10. What do males want in sexual partners?
(a) A very young female.
(b) A spontaneous female.
(c) An attractive female.
(d) A good mother.
11. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(a) Non functional offspring.
(c) Completely different offspring.
(d) Smart offspring.
12. What is the male to female ratio?
13. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(b) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
14. How does evolution work?
(a) Without competition between organisms.
(b) Change is continuous.
(c) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(d) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
15. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Leigh Van Valen.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Graham Bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
2. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
3. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
4. What is the main focus of the novel?
5. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)