|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) It is able to always kill its prey.
(b) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(c) The gazelle gets caught.
(d) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
2. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
(b) Extreme Mormonism.
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With the story of a fisherman.
(b) With an explanation of courtship.
(c) With mating behavior of Australian brush turkeys.
(d) With observations about pine moles.
4. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
5. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) Sexual reproduction.
(b) With their brains.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Splitting cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
2. What is the "good genes" theory?
3. What genders are not always needed?
4. High status individuals tend to have __________.
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)