|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a story of Martians.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
2. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
(a) They want to have many father options.
(b) Males will not know which child is his, so he will protect all of them.
(c) They enjoy sex.
(d) It is part of choosing the most ideal mate.
3. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
4. What accusation does the author make against women?
(a) They wish to spend all of a man's money.
(b) They enjoy adulterous affairs.
(c) They hate seeing men happy.
(d) They like making men's lives difficult.
5. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(b) Sex drives.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was polygamy stamped out?
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
3. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
4. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
5. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)