|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
(a) It is part of choosing the most ideal mate.
(b) They want to have many father options.
(c) Males will not know which child is his, so he will protect all of them.
(d) They enjoy sex.
2. What tends to stay private between humans?
3. What is the male to female ratio?
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Killing genes that are not yours.
(b) Outcrossing genes.
(c) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(d) Combining all genes.
5. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
(b) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
(c) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(d) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
4. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)