|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Government groups.
(b) Pagan groups.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Kings and queens.
2. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(a) Non functional offspring.
(c) Completely different offspring.
(d) Smart offspring.
3. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(b) The ability to keep her safe.
(c) External factors, like male attractiveness.
(d) A male that promises to stay around.
4. Who cannot compete with males?
(a) Masculine females.
(b) Other males.
5. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
(a) Males will always choose the most attractive woman.
(b) Sons will be the most attractive if the two parents are very attractive.
(c) Females will always choose the most attractive man.
(d) Sons are always sexier than daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
2. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
4. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
5. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)