|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Impregnating as many women as possible.
(b) Being faithful to one female.
(c) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(d) Being a good father.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(b) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(c) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(d) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
3. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
4. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
(a) Number, quality.
(b) Quality, number.
(c) Percentage, number.
(d) Number, percentage.
5. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(d) Asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
2. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
3. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
4. When do women tend to have affairs?
5. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)