|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
(a) Think their wives have been unfaithful.
(b) Have been threatened by another male's attractiveness.
(c) Suspect unfaithfullness in their wives or the wives have been gone for a while.
(d) Their wives have been absent for a long time.
2. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(c) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(d) Asexual reproduction is easier.
3. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(b) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
4. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(c) Asexual reproduction.
5. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Males who are attractive.
(b) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(c) Males that will take care of them.
(d) Intelligent males.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
2. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
3. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
4. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
5. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)