|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) It is much less expensive.
(b) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(c) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
(d) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
2. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(b) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
3. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) A slow process.
(b) How organisms become better over generations.
(c) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(d) Competition between friends.
4. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Intelligent males.
(b) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(c) Males that will take care of them.
(d) Males who are attractive.
5. What have anthropologists found to be a universal characteristic of humans across different cultures?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do women tend to have affairs?
2. What is the lottery theory?
3. What genders are not always needed?
4. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
5. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)