|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) No one can catch up.
(b) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(c) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(d) World War II.
2. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) There will be more births overall.
(b) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
(c) There will be less births overall.
(d) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
3. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
(a) To make having multiple wives legal.
(b) People were given divorces if they were unhappy.
(c) Prevent sex and divorce among the upper class.
(d) The people must live with their many wives and support them.
4. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(a) Smart offspring.
(c) Non functional offspring.
(d) Completely different offspring.
5. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
(b) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(c) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
3. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
4. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)