|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(b) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(c) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(d) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
2. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(a) Smart offspring.
(c) Non functional offspring.
(d) Completely different offspring.
3. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Leigh Van Valen.
4. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
(b) Divorces throughout history.
(c) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(d) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
5. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) The prettiest beak.
(b) The male with the nicest wing span.
(c) Based on ornamentation.
(d) Based on having the most food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
2. How does the Red Queen begin?
3. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
4. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
5. What is the development of language?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)