|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. High status individuals tend to have __________.
(a) No babies.
(b) Female babies.
(c) Male babies.
(d) Less babies.
2. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To ignore its history.
(b) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(c) To negate human nature.
(d) Study creationists theories.
3. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) Based on having the most food.
(b) Based on ornamentation.
(c) The prettiest beak.
(d) The male with the nicest wing span.
4. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(b) Divorces throughout history.
(c) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(d) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
5. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
2. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
3. What do male primates do to their female's children who are not also their children?
4. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
5. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)