|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(b) No one.
(d) Only humans, not other organisms.
2. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(b) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(c) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(d) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
3. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Yes, always.
(c) No, never.
(d) Only when they are genetically engineered.
4. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(b) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
5. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) What their mate thinks of them.
(b) The male knowing if the egg is his.
(c) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(d) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do women prefer to live with men?
2. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
3. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
4. What is the "good genes" theory?
5. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)