|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(b) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(c) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(d) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
2. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(b) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
(c) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
(d) It is much less expensive.
3. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Asexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Same-sex Reproduction.
4. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
(c) Female or male.
5. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
(b) In homosexual relationships.
(c) In monogamous relationships.
(d) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The first is that all of human behavior is ______ and hence, biological evolution will have little effect on the next generation."
2. What is sexual selection?
3. What do the females of this same group prefer?
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
5. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)