|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(b) Makes stronger genes.
(c) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(d) Increases randomness of the genome.
2. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
3. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(c) Only humans, not other organisms.
(d) No one.
4. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(b) Death and destruction.
(c) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Killing ones own organisms.
5. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(c) Sex drives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
2. How do organisms compete during evolution?
3. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
5. What is the main focus of the novel?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)