|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) Not an easy way.
(b) An inefficient means.
(c) An attempt.
(d) Not able.
2. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(b) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(d) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
3. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(b) Outcrossing genes.
(c) Combining all genes.
(d) Killing genes that are not yours.
4. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
(b) What their mate thinks of them.
(c) The male knowing if the egg is his.
(d) Being able to find a suitable mate.
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(d) Killing one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sexual selection?
2. What is the lottery theory?
3. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
4. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
5. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)