|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Leigh Van Valen.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Graham Bell.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(b) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(c) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(d) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
3. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) Asexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual reproduction.
(c) Splitting cells.
(d) With their brains.
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) Evolutionary arms race.
(b) Slow genetics of men.
(c) High pregnancy rate.
(d) Low pregnancy rate.
5. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a story of Martians.
(b) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a discussion of human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
2. How do males harm themselves?
3. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
4. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
5. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)