|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to stay private between humans?
2. What have mound building skills become?
(a) A survival technique.
(b) A coveted skill.
(c) A reproductive skill.
3. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
(a) No, only when selection is plentiful.
(b) Yes, females are shallow.
(c) No, females like important mates.
(d) Yes, females don't like ugly people.
4. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) It is not less risky.
(b) All the clones will be healthy.
(c) There will be no one competing.
(d) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
2. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
3. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
4. How did males evolve?
5. What is the development of language?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)