|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Making many children.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Slowness of evolution.
(d) Meeting a soul mate.
2. What type of historical incident may have been a more frequent phenomenon than is commonly thought?
(a) Illegitimate sons and daughters.
(b) Polygamy in the Catholic Church.
(c) Divorces throughout history.
(d) The conflict between Henry the VIII and the church over divorce.
3. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
(d) Female or male.
4. Who directly advocated for polygamy in early societies?
(a) Pagan groups.
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Government groups.
5. What do male primates do to their female's children who are not also their children?
(a) Kill the children that are not their own.
(b) Ignore the children who are not their own.
(c) Kill the female for having children from another mate.
(d) Take care of all the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
2. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
3. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
4. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
5. What is most male to male battle over in tribes?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)