|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(a) Asexual reproduction.
3. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Leigh Van Valen.
5. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(b) A slow process.
(c) How organisms become better over generations.
(d) Competition between friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
2. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
3. High status individuals tend to have __________.
4. What genders are not always needed?
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)