|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
2. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(b) World War II.
(c) No one can catch up.
(d) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
3. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(b) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(c) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(d) To study asexual reproduction.
4. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
5. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) In monogamous relationships.
(b) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
(c) In homosexual relationships.
(d) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
2. Who cannot compete with males?
3. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
4. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)