|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(b) The organism decided to self replicate.
(c) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(d) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
2. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(b) Being faithful to one female.
(c) Being a good father.
(d) Impregnating as many women as possible.
3. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
(a) The story of the fisherman.
(b) The kangeroo story.
(c) The story of the salesman.
(d) The story of the gazelle.
4. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(b) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(c) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(d) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
5. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(b) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(c) Random mating between humans.
(d) Irrational mating between humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lekking?
2. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
3. What do males want in sexual partners?
4. What genders are not always needed?
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)