|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(b) How babies are made.
(c) Why there are men and women.
(d) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
2. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Leigh Van Valen.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
3. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(d) Killing one another.
4. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(b) Death and destruction.
(c) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Killing ones own organisms.
5. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
(b) Chinese and Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
2. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
3. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
4. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)