|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(b) With diagrams.
(c) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(d) Information about the author.
2. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle gets caught.
(b) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(c) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(d) It is able to always kill its prey.
3. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) What their mate thinks of them.
(b) The male knowing if the egg is his.
(c) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(d) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
4. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(b) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(c) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(d) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
5. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Red Queen begin?
2. What kind of study does evolution become?
3. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
5. How does evolution work?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)