|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Killing genes that are not yours.
(b) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(c) Outcrossing genes.
(d) Combining all genes.
2. What genders are not always needed?
3. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle gets caught.
(b) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(c) It is able to always kill its prey.
(d) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
4. How do males harm themselves?
(a) Uneasy violence.
(c) Uneasy violence and status games.
(d) Status games.
5. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A genetically engineered organism.
(b) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(c) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(d) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
2. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
5. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)