|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(b) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(c) The gazelle gets caught.
(d) It is able to always kill its prey.
2. What is the male to female ratio?
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak genes.
(b) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(c) Genes too similar to their parents.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
4. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(b) No, never.
(c) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(d) Yes, always.
5. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Making many children.
(b) Meeting a soul mate.
(c) Slowness of evolution.
(d) Speed of evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. High status individuals tend to have __________.
2. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
3. What are out law genes?
4. Why do genes exist?
5. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)