|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(d) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
2. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their spouses.
(b) Their friends.
(c) No one.
(d) Their descendants.
3. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(b) Irrational mating between humans.
(c) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(d) Random mating between humans.
4. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) The origin of attraction between humans.
(b) The origin of emotions.
(c) Differences in humans.
(d) The origin of human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot compete with males?
2. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
4. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
5. What is lekking?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)