|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) Not an easy way.
(b) Not able.
(c) An inefficient means.
(d) An attempt.
2. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
(a) How male support continues the species.
(b) Ideal mating conditions are rare.
(c) An example of sexual, rather than natural selection.
(d) Producing offspring is the goal of all mammals.
3. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Outcrossing genes.
(b) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(c) Combining all genes.
(d) Killing genes that are not yours.
4. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(b) With a discussion of human nature.
(c) With a story of Martians.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
5. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Killing Catholics.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(d) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot compete with males?
2. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
3. What is lekking?
4. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)