|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(c) To be upgraded.
2. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(b) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
(c) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(d) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
3. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) In monogamous relationships.
(b) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
(c) In homosexual relationships.
(d) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
4. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak genes.
(b) Weak and strong genes.
(c) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(d) Genes too similar to their parents.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) Why there are men and women.
(b) How babies are made.
(c) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(d) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
2. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
3. High status individuals tend to have __________.
4. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
5. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)