|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) His sermons.
(b) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(c) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(d) Killing Catholics.
2. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Yes, always.
(b) No, never.
(d) Only when they are genetically engineered.
3. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(b) The Blue Book Theory.
(c) The Red Queen Theory.
(d) The King's Theory.
4. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(b) Asexual reproduction.
5. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
(a) Being able to find a suitable mate.
(b) The male knowing if the egg is his.
(c) What their mate thinks of them.
(d) Passing desirable genes to offspring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot compete with males?
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
3. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
4. How do species outwit killer viruses?
5. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)