|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Being a good father.
(b) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(c) Being faithful to one female.
(d) Impregnating as many women as possible.
2. What do males want in sexual partners?
(a) An attractive female.
(b) A spontaneous female.
(c) A very young female.
(d) A good mother.
3. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
4. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(d) Killing one another.
5. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(b) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(c) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(d) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
2. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
4. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
5. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)