|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(a) Sexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
2. What do males want in sexual partners?
(a) A spontaneous female.
(b) An attractive female.
(c) A very young female.
(d) A good mother.
3. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) Yes, always.
(c) No, never.
4. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(b) Random mating between humans.
(c) Irrational mating between humans.
(d) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
5. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Russel Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lekking?
2. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
3. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
4. How do males harm themselves?
5. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)