|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
(b) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
(c) There will be less births overall.
(d) There will be more births overall.
2. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) The male with the nicest wing span.
(b) Based on having the most food.
(c) The prettiest beak.
(d) Based on ornamentation.
3. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(b) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(c) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(d) The organism decided to self replicate.
4. What is lekking?
(a) A sexual market where male birds congregate.
(b) A way for birds to mate.
(c) A time of mating for birds.
(d) A courtship dance among mammals.
5. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(b) Asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
4. What does the story in Chapter 5 prove for the author?
5. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)