|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(b) The gazelle gets caught.
(c) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(d) It is able to always kill its prey.
2. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Weak and strong genes.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) Genes too similar to their parents.
3. What are transposons?
(b) Out law genes.
(d) Weaker genes.
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) Competition between friends.
(b) How organisms become better over generations.
(c) A slow process.
(d) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
5. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lower class individuals tend to have _________.
2. Of course, both males and females have a (an) ________ to deceive the other sex to promote their own attractiveness.
3. What do the females of this same group prefer?
4. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
5. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)