|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(b) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(c) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(b) Males and Females.
3. Of course, both males and females have a (an) ________ to deceive the other sex to promote their own attractiveness.
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) Evolutionary arms race.
(b) Slow genetics of men.
(c) High pregnancy rate.
(d) Low pregnancy rate.
5. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(b) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
2. What are the interests of most males?
3. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
4. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
5. High status individuals tend to have __________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)