|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(b) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
2. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) His sermons.
(b) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(c) Killing Catholics.
(d) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
3. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
(b) In homosexual relationships.
(c) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
(d) In monogamous relationships.
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(b) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(c) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(d) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(b) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(c) It is able to always kill its prey.
(d) The gazelle gets caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the females of this same group prefer?
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
3. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
4. Who cannot compete with males?
5. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)