|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Why people enjoy sex.
(b) How sex works.
(c) Why sex works the way it does.
(d) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
3. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(c) Males and Females.
4. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
5. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(c) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lekking?
2. How does Chapter 2 begin?
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
4. What are out law genes?
5. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)