|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(c) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
2. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(b) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(c) Killing Catholics.
(d) His sermons.
3. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) There will be less births overall.
(b) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
(c) There will be more births overall.
(d) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
4. What are out law genes?
(a) Genes which cannot be passed down.
(b) Genes that will definitely be passed down.
(c) Genes that are weak.
(d) Genes that act like viruses and hijack chromosones.
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(a) To be upgraded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lottery theory?
2. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
4. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)