|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
(d) Chinese and Indian.
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(d) Males and Females.
3. How does evolution work?
(a) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(b) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
(c) Change is continuous.
(d) Without competition between organisms.
4. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
(b) A new way for humans to mate.
(c) Why people are attracted to one another.
(d) The reason for asexual reproduction.
5. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
(b) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
(c) There will be less births overall.
(d) There will be more births overall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lottery theory?
2. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
3. What is the male to female ratio?
4. What is the main focus of the novel?
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)