|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To ignore its history.
(b) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(c) Study creationists theories.
(d) To negate human nature.
2. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(c) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(d) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
3. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(c) Killing one another.
4. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(d) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(b) Doctors and scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
3. Why do genes exist?
4. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
5. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)