|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
(a) Female or male.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(b) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(c) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(d) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
3. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Outcrossing genes.
(b) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(c) Combining all genes.
(d) Killing genes that are not yours.
5. Why do genes exist?
(a) They are used to carry DNA mappings.
(b) They pass viruses down.
(c) They insure that the species survives.
(d) They are the descendants of previous genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
2. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
3. What is sexual selection?
4. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
5. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)