|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(b) Why there are men and women.
(c) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(d) How babies are made.
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
(b) Why sex works the way it does.
(c) Why people enjoy sex.
(d) How sex works.
3. Why do genes exist?
(a) They insure that the species survives.
(b) They pass viruses down.
(c) They are the descendants of previous genes.
(d) They are used to carry DNA mappings.
4. High status individuals tend to have __________.
(a) Less babies.
(b) No babies.
(c) Female babies.
(d) Male babies.
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sexual selection?
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
4. What are transposons?
5. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)