|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(b) How babies are made.
(c) Why there are men and women.
(d) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
3. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(b) Irrational mating between humans.
(c) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(d) Random mating between humans.
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Outcrossing genes.
(b) Killing genes that are not yours.
(c) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(d) Combining all genes.
5. What genders are not always needed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
2. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
4. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
5. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)