|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) Why humans are the way they are.
(b) A way to study humans without them knowing.
(c) Where humans live.
(d) How they got to be the way they are.
2. What is sexual selection?
(a) Irrational mating between humans.
(b) Random mating between humans.
(c) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(d) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
3. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
(a) The story of the salesman.
(b) The story of the fisherman.
(c) The kangeroo story.
(d) The story of the gazelle.
4. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(b) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
5. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) There will be more births overall.
(b) There will be less births overall.
(c) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
(d) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
2. How do species outwit killer viruses?
3. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
4. What genders are not always needed?
5. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)