|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(c) Asexual reproduction.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) How babies are made.
(b) Why there are men and women.
(c) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(d) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
3. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) The organism decided to self replicate.
(d) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Killing Catholics.
(b) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(c) His sermons.
(d) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak and strong genes.
(b) Weak genes.
(c) Genes too similar to their parents.
(d) A different bag of genes from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
2. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
3. How do species outwit killer viruses?
4. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)