|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, always.
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(b) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(c) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(d) A genetically engineered organism.
4. Who cannot compete with males?
(c) Masculine females.
(d) Other males.
5. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There will be no one competing.
(b) All the clones will be healthy.
(c) It is not less risky.
(d) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
2. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
3. How do males harm themselves?
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
5. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)