|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(b) All the clones will be healthy.
(c) It is not less risky.
(d) There will be no one competing.
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(c) Males and Females.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a story of Martians.
4. Lower class individuals tend to have _________.
(a) Less babies.
(b) More babies.
(c) Male babies.
(d) Female babies.
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Yes, always.
(b) No, never.
(d) Only when they are genetically engineered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
2. Who cannot compete with males?
3. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
4. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)