|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are out law genes?
(a) Genes that will definitely be passed down.
(b) Genes that are weak.
(c) Genes that act like viruses and hijack chromosones.
(d) Genes which cannot be passed down.
2. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(b) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(d) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
3. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(b) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) To study asexual reproduction.
4. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(a) To be upgraded.
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) Yes, always.
(d) No, never.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
2. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
3. Who created the tangled bank theory?
4. How does evolution work?
5. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)