|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
2. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) World War II.
(b) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(c) No one can catch up.
(d) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
3. Why do genes exist?
(a) They pass viruses down.
(b) They insure that the species survives.
(c) They are used to carry DNA mappings.
(d) They are the descendants of previous genes.
4. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
5. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(c) With a story of Martians.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 begin?
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)