|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(b) Information about the author.
(c) With diagrams.
(d) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
2. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(b) Sexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
3. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
4. Lower class individuals tend to have _________.
(a) Male babies.
(b) More babies.
(c) Less babies.
(d) Female babies.
5. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Russel Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
2. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
3. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
4. How do organisms compete during evolution?
5. How do males harm themselves?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)