|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) Where humans live.
(b) How they got to be the way they are.
(c) A way to study humans without them knowing.
(d) Why humans are the way they are.
2. How does evolution work?
(a) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(b) Without competition between organisms.
(c) Change is continuous.
(d) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
3. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Asexual reproduction.
4. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) Study creationists theories.
(b) To negate human nature.
(c) To ignore its history.
(d) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
5. What genders are not always needed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
2. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
3. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
4. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
5. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)