|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(c) Doctors and scientists.
2. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(b) Study creationists theories.
(c) To negate human nature.
(d) To ignore its history.
3. How does evolution work?
(a) Without competition between organisms.
(b) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
(c) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(d) Change is continuous.
4. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) A new way for humans to mate.
(b) The reason for asexual reproduction.
(c) Why people are attracted to one another.
(d) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
5. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(d) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
2. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
3. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
5. What is the male to female ratio?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)