|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(b) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
2. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
3. What is the lottery theory?
(a) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(b) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
4. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(b) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(c) Irrational mating between humans.
(d) Random mating between humans.
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(d) To be upgraded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
2. Why do genes exist?
3. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
4. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
5. How do species outwit killer viruses?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)