|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clone population will be wiped out.
(b) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(c) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(d) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
2. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Russel Wallace.
3. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(b) The Red Queen Theory.
(c) The Blue Book Theory.
(d) The King's Theory.
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Hunter gatherers.
(b) Democratic governments.
5. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To negate human nature.
(b) To ignore its history.
(c) Study creationists theories.
(d) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
Short Answer Questions
1. High status individuals tend to have __________.
2. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
3. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
4. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)