|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genders are not always needed?
2. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) No one can catch up.
(b) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(c) World War II.
(d) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Slowness of evolution.
(c) Speed of evolution.
(d) Making many children.
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(b) A slow process.
(c) How organisms become better over generations.
(d) Competition between friends.
5. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
(c) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(d) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are out law genes?
2. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
3. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
4. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
5. What is sexual selection?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)