|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(b) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(c) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
2. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(b) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(d) Doctors and scientists.
3. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their descendants.
(c) No one.
(d) Their spouses.
4. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(b) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
5. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Making many children.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Meeting a soul mate.
(d) Slowness of evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
3. Who created the tangled bank theory?
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)