|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(c) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
2. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
3. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(b) To be upgraded.
5. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(b) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(c) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(d) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. What kind of study does evolution become?
4. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
5. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)