|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) No one.
(b) Only humans, not other organisms.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
2. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) Only when they are genetically engineered.
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(d) A type of animal that produces asexually.
4. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak and strong genes.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) A different bag of genes from their parents.
5. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) With diagrams.
(c) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(d) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
2. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
3. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
4. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
5. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)