|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Increases randomness of the genome.
(b) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(c) Makes stronger genes.
(d) Causes too much risk in the genes.
2. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(b) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
3. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(b) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(c) Irrational mating between humans.
(d) Random mating between humans.
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(b) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(c) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(d) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
5. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do species outwit killer viruses?
2. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
3. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
4. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)