|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(b) With a story of Martians.
(c) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) With a discussion of human nature.
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(c) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
5. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
(b) Why people enjoy sex.
(c) Why sex works the way it does.
(d) How sex works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
2. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
3. How does Chapter 2 begin?
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)