|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
2. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
3. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(c) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(d) With diagrams.
4. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) Why humans are the way they are.
(b) Where humans live.
(c) How they got to be the way they are.
(d) A way to study humans without them knowing.
5. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) Differences in humans.
(b) The origin of attraction between humans.
(c) The origin of emotions.
(d) The origin of human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
2. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
3. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
4. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
5. Who created the tangled bank theory?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)