|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak genes.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) Weak and strong genes.
(d) A different bag of genes from their parents.
2. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Russel Wallace.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a story of Martians.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
2. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
3. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
4. How does Chapter 2 begin?
5. What is the lottery theory?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)