|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
2. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(d) Doctors and scientists.
3. How does evolution work?
(a) Without competition between organisms.
(b) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(c) Change is continuous.
(d) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
4. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) Weak and strong genes.
(d) Weak genes.
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(c) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
3. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)