|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) Not able.
(b) Not an easy way.
(c) An attempt.
(d) An inefficient means.
2. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Democratic governments.
(c) Hunter gatherers.
3. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) No one can catch up.
(b) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(c) World War II.
(d) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
5. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(b) No one.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(d) Only humans, not other organisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
4. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)