|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(b) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(c) No one.
(d) Only humans, not other organisms.
2. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) Yes, always.
(c) No, never.
3. What is the lottery theory?
(a) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(b) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
4. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(b) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
5. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) How organisms become better over generations.
(b) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(c) Competition between friends.
(d) A slow process.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
2. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
3. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
4. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
5. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)