|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(b) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(c) Irrational mating between humans.
(d) Random mating between humans.
2. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(a) Death and destruction.
(c) Killing ones own organisms.
(d) Parasites and diseases.
3. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) The organism decided to self replicate.
(d) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(b) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(c) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(d) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
5. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) How sex works.
(b) Why sex works the way it does.
(c) Why people enjoy sex.
(d) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
2. What is the lottery theory?
3. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
4. How do organisms compete during evolution?
5. Who created the tangled bank theory?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)