|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Blue Book Theory.
(b) The King's Theory.
(c) The Red Queen Theory.
(d) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
2. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(b) The clone population will be wiped out.
(c) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(d) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
3. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(b) Non functional offspring.
(c) Smart offspring.
(d) Completely different offspring.
4. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Russel Wallace.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
5. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a story of Martians.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
2. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
3. How do species outwit killer viruses?
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
5. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)