|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(c) Killing one another.
2. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(a) Sexual reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
3. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(c) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Same-sex Reproduction.
(b) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
3. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
5. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)