|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) How sex works.
(b) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
(c) Why sex works the way it does.
(d) Why people enjoy sex.
3. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) The origin of human nature.
(b) The origin of emotions.
(c) The origin of attraction between humans.
(d) Differences in humans.
4. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(c) With diagrams.
(d) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
5. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(d) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
5. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)