|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Making many children.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Meeting a soul mate.
(d) Slowness of evolution.
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Killing genes that are not yours.
(b) Combining all genes.
(c) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(d) Outcrossing genes.
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(a) Killing ones own organisms.
(c) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Death and destruction.
4. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(c) Sexual reproduction.
(d) Asexual reproduction.
5. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(b) There will be no one competing.
(c) All the clones will be healthy.
(d) It is not less risky.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
2. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
3. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
4. How do organisms compete during evolution?
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)