|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(b) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(c) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(d) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(c) To be upgraded.
3. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
4. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Makes stronger genes.
(b) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(c) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(d) Increases randomness of the genome.
5. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(b) Only humans, not other organisms.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. What is sexual selection?
3. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
5. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)