|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
(a) No similarities in emotions.
(b) Extreme emotions and rational behaviors.
(c) Psychopathic behavior.
(d) Similar emotions and behaviors.
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Why people enjoy sex.
(b) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
(c) How sex works.
(d) Why sex works the way it does.
3. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(c) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(d) With diagrams.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(b) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(c) How babies are made.
(d) Why there are men and women.
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(b) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(c) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(d) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
2. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
3. What is sexual selection?
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)