|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Weak genes.
(c) Genes too similar to their parents.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
2. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) All the clones will be healthy.
(b) It is not less risky.
(c) There will be no one competing.
(d) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
3. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Russel Wallace.
4. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) A way to study humans without them knowing.
(b) Where humans live.
(c) Why humans are the way they are.
(d) How they got to be the way they are.
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(b) Killing one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
2. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
5. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)